Local Murder

This is a discussion on Local Murder within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last night a local attorney was targeted and murdered. This hit very close to home for me as the law firm is one of my ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By StormRhydr
  • 1 Post By StormRhydr
  • 1 Post By blitzburgh
  • 3 Post By StormRhydr

Thread: Local Murder

Local Murder

Last night a local attorney was targeted and murdered. This hit very close to home for me as the law firm is one of my customers. I am in their office fairly often, and almost stopped there yesterday but ran out of time. All the people who work there are very nice, my sympathy goes out to all of them.

Updated: Grand Island Attorney 'Targeted' in Murder - KHGI-TV/KWNB-TV/KHGI-CD-Grand Island, Kearney, Hastings

2. Remove Ads

I didnt know him, but we both went to the same law school. At different times.

Not knowing one thing about it, the first thing that comes to mind is that it was a family law case/divorce or custody case. Oddly enough, its those cases where people really act out.

That is bad news indeed. I used to work in Grand Island from time to time, it was generally a nice town then.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    This kind of thing is one of the reasons we started arming ourselves. My wife is a Dr and sees a lot of drug seeking addicts. We worry that someone she turns down make get angry and try to take it out on her/the family. Sad to see this story.

EDIT: although in this case that would not have helped sounds like he was sniped from the building across the street.

Posting from my phone, I blame all typos on Swype.

lsbernd was a Grand Island attorney who mostly worked in criminal law, custody cases and divorces.
    Given the nature of those three practices, I'm sure the investigators are going to be quite busy.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Blitz, unless he was "dirty", (not likely), Id bet anything it was not a criminal case that got him shot. Id put my bottom dollar on it being custody, and/or divorce.

Btw, custody cases are as "bloody" as they come. I have had every kind of criminal case you can think of, and they are generally much less emotional than a custody case.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Given the nature of those three practices, I'm sure the investigators are going to be quite busy.
    blitzburgh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Blitz, unless he was "dirty", Id bet anything it was not a criminal case that got him shot. Id put my bottom dollar on it being custody, and/or divorce.

Btw, custody cases are as "bloody" as they come. I have had every kind of criminal case you can think of, and they are generally much less emotional than a custody case.
    Oh, I don't doubt it. I've been going through a custody "battle" for the last year now. It ain't been nothing pretty but that ain't by my choice.
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Ouch. Good luck in it. And dont shoot the lawyer. Thats always bad, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by blitzburgh View Post
    Oh, I don't doubt it. I've been going through a custody "battle" for the last year now.
    Hopyard likes this.

Lol, thanks. He's a great lawyer and an even better friend. I can say with absolute certainty that I have no plans of shooting anybody.
    StormRhydr likes this.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    This is sad news, and I feel for his family, especially since the anti-'s will come out in force to decry the gun in the shooters hands.

Here's a little insight for the anti-'s: whoever shot him was going to kill him whether he had a gun or not. And that's the remarkable thing about all of this: no one will address the fact that the guy planned a murder and carried it out, they'll just stomp all over the story of another gun killing another person.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    This is sad news, and I feel for his family, especially since the anti-'s will come out in force to decry the gun in the shooters hands.
    Funny thing is, this could easily have been done with a gun that's not typically targeted as evil by the antis, such as a 'hunting rifle'.

Heck, its Nebraska. In my mind I pictured a scoped deer rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by brocktice View Post
    Funny thing is, this could easily have been done with a gun that's not typically targeted as evil by the antis, such as a 'hunting rifle'.

Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    Heck, its Nebraska. In my mind I pictured a scoped deer rifle.
    Exactly.

Links