Grenades in a MALL.What would you do - Page 2

Grenades in a MALL.What would you do

This is a discussion on Grenades in a MALL.What would you do within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So did they give a reason for this low life wanting to commit an act of terrorism?...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grenades in a MALL.What would you do

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    So did they give a reason for this low life wanting to commit an act of terrorism?
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Senior Moderator
    I would dig in with my eyebrows and have the weapon ready. Once I saw a safe way out I would head for it, with wife in tow.

Cover, cover, cover.

A grenade is not bad with cover, but the concussion is tough even without injury.

Having just a bit of combat experience I can tell you that the BG can easily take himself out when working with grenades--that was always my worry when around them, that friendly shrapnel....
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC View Post
    Cover, cover, cover.

A grenade is not bad with cover, but the concussion is tough even without injury.

Having just a bit of combat experience I can tell you that the BG can easily take himself out when working with grenades--that was always my worry when around them, that friendly shrapnel....
    Yeah it's not the bullet with your name on it that you have to worry about. It's the peice of metal that just says "Occupant" that gets you everytime.

I guess I would probably try to find some cover and get out of there. A guy tossing grenades is a bit out of my league in a CCW scenario. Naturally I would try to get some rounds in him if possible, but I suspact a better approach for personal safety would be to go out the back door of any store in the mall.

If my family was with me, I'd likely try to get them to a safe location while staying between them and the guy with the frags. After they are clear, I'm getting out.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Head for cover. I don't know that I would want to take a preventative shot, just incase I would miss the window that it would be safe to shoot or if it was a dummy grenade.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

I would take cover, then run. It would probably happen so fast that it would take some time to sort things out.
    -------------
    Walther1

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of the ultimate CC gun!

Just one more reason to stay out of the damn mall........

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Take cover
    All one can do ; or, get flat and hope it goes up not laterly

Cover to figure out what was going on then escape or react. My families safety comes first.

Quote Originally Posted by mark555 View Post
    So did they give a reason for this low life wanting to commit an act of terrorism?
    Dan Korem's Rage of the Random Actor. Not a light evening read, but will equip you to be a better interactive evaluator, and examine the thinking of these individuals. His research bears out my experiences with "troubled individuals". I also believe he's right: there will be many, many, more.

In response to the question: be truly aware of your surroundings. Most, if not all, mall store have external exits/entrances "behind the counter".

I guess this is the good and the bad news about the world we live in. The good news... it is unlikely that the terrorists that we see on the news every night will pull something like this. Every indication is that they could care less about striking fear in the American people, and far more about collapsing our entire economy/way of life. In short, they want something of far, far greater impact than a mall attack.

The bad news... there are plenty of crackpot individuals out there who would do this just for kicks. Fortunately, as in this case, we have tens of thousands of hard-working folks out there looking for them and stoppong them every day. I may be an idealist, but I believe that for every one of these that makes the news, ten are stopped (a scary thought in itself!).

I put a lot of failth in the various levels of LE that are fighting this stuff. That said, when you are facing the guy pulling the pin, no ICE agent is going to run to the rescue. You have to act. The book says 5 meters for hand grenade, certainly less in a trash can. Distance and cover are your friend. I for one would do what I could to take this guy out. I'll hapilly suffer the legal consequences for this type of attack.

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by davyray View Post

The bad news... there are plenty of crackpot individuals out there who would do this just for kicks.
    Yes, I'm betting it's more likely to have a couple of disgruntled angst-ridden teenagers bent on performing another Columbine, than the next Jihadist. To a terrorist, a grenade in a garbage can would be a perfectly good waste of a grenade. However, to a 17 year old with a chip on his shoulder bent on causing harm, that would be the big time. He'll have delusions of how the grenade (or more likely pipe bomb) will go off, sheeple will run to the nearest exits causing a fustercluck, and begin emptying round into the crowd. However, the one very little detail he'll overlook are his Myspace.com posts telling in detail his intentions. Sever days before his "master plan" he'll have a dozen officer perfoming a dynamic entry on his mother's front door.

I need to do my Christmas shopping tonight, eh (shrugs shoulders) I'm more worried about the soccor moms fighting over parking spaces.

Try and find a gun shop?

No but I would probably cover, find out where the bad guy is, if I was far away, I would get my family together and sneak out of a non-main door. Don't want anyone thinking I'm with him. But who knows if there are more then one, so I would definitely be in full awareness mode.

Getting out quickly with your primaries is first.Now if you didnt have any one else with you, do you want to be the guy standing or prone(Hard to run from this position) with a gun not in uniform in a mall during a stampede? Even with out a stampede ever try to yell to every one that your a good guy dont shoot? Even ten stores down they may have heard a boom and come looking but not knowing. The first on scene uniforms may be comming full throttle from a 5 minute hundred mile and hour whistle run with the sole goal of saving the mall from who knows how many jihadists or whacked teenage mutant ninjas, and they just see you with a pistol . You may be the only one who really was there when it happened and they sure will want to know asap but ... How do you comminicate all you know instantly to everyone in a panick situation. Take really good cover and talk slowly and clearly when you think someone is listening to YOU. Just a thought. Besides if they were legal would it not be a great back up to pull the pin and leave one in your carjacked vehicle as you walk away.
    I am an American. I vote. I will serve on a jury when called. Its a MEMBERS ONLY thing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links