Winter carry and scenarios

This is a discussion on Winter carry and scenarios within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was wondering in the places around the country that have cold climates and dressing for snow and cold . Do you change the way ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By sealteam20001
  • 1 Post By 40Bob

Thread: Winter carry and scenarios

VIP Member

I was wondering in the places around the country that have cold climates and dressing for snow and cold . Do you change the way you engage people that walk by you or near you .

I say this because people may have more places to hide a weapon or have hands in pocket . Or is it business as usual ?
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post
    I was wondering in the places around the country that have cold climates and dressing for snow and cold . Do you change the way you engage people that walk by you or near you .

I say this because people may have more places to hide a weapon or have hands in pocket . Or is it business as usual ?
    Buisness as usual. Same gun, same holster, same carry style.....because coats come off.

Quote Originally Posted by welder516 View Post

I'm generally more focused when I can't see people's hands (in pockets). However, I don't think anything changes during winter as far as my SA goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Other than earmuffs, No change.
    welder516 and 40Bob like this.

I don't change anything and we get some nasty weather here in Michigan. It can be 50 when you get up and 0 with a foot of snow by noon.

Business as usual mostly. Most criminals aren't very fond of the cold.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    I don't change a thing. But one of my sons is a deputy up north He says a steel gun will suck the heat right out of you! A plastic gun warms up in your hand quickly. If I lived where it was very cold I might change in the winter. DR

Don't change a thing, except the roving BUG goes in an outside pocket.
    GentlemanJim likes this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon. Go big or stay on the porch.

Links