Shooting kids/underage??

This is a discussion on Shooting kids/underage?? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So one day, i drove by a gas station to pump gas. About 5 kids who were no older than 11 were playing by the ...

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree158Likes

Thread: Shooting kids/underage??

Shooting kids/underage??

So one day, i drove by a gas station to pump gas. About 5 kids who were no older than 11 were playing by the pumps, so the owner/store clerk ran outside to chase them away. While the store clerk was busy fixing/cleaning up something by the pump, the kids all came back with 2x4's. The store clerk almost got jumped. Luckily, he was able to run inside and locked the door.

Now, what if 5 - 11 yr olds tried jumping you with a weapon, what would you do? I wouldn't want to shoot kids, but if caught off guard and about to get jump with no retreat path, all with get at least a bullet. Kids with 2x4's will easily kill anyone if caught off guard.

2. Remove Ads

5 11 yr olds with 2 by 4s. Im 55, disabled, and unless they happened to be the size of refrigerator Perry mutant 11 yr olds Id jerk a two by four from one and beat the tar out of their little arrogant backsides. Same thing their parents should have done long before that.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Fight them off, or get beat up. No way I'm pulling pistols on a child, even if they're goober attacking me.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Shame on you, and your negative thoughts. You should be thinking more along the lines of "Hug those thugs".

They were probably just ...."Misunderstood". Deprived...seeking a ..."Creative outlet for their youthful activities".

In all seriousness, Id hate to be in that situation. Then again, those kids would too, should they attack me with deadly weapons, and ill intent.

Btw, anyone want to lay odds that those "playful youth" added a few nails to their 2 X 4s?

Quote Originally Posted by 02R1 View Post
    So one day, i drove by a gas station to pump gas. About 5 kids who were no older than 11 were playing by the pumps, so the owner/store clerk ran outside to chase them away. While the store clerk was busy fixing/cleaning up something by the pump, the kids all came back with 2x4's. The store clerk almost got jumped. Luckily, he was able to run inside and locked the door.

Now, what if 5 - 11 yr olds tried jumping you with a weapon, what would you do? I wouldn't want to shoot kids, but if caught off guard and about to get jump with no retreat path, all with get at least a bullet. Kids with 2x4's will easily kill anyone if caught off guard.

Depending on the size of the kids - an innocent bystander that picks up a weapon is no longer an innocent bystander.

If the op had said 17 yr olds or maybe even 15 then it likely be a different story with that many and clubs. But Ive seen some strapping big strong 11 yr olds, my late son being one of them and Ive never seen an 11 yr old come close to having the strength, or settled motor skills of a grown man. Back some years ago Ive tussled with my son and his friends a little bit. All big stout boys, football players in school and 5 of them was still no contest. Had I been trying to hurt them instead of being careful the whole lot might have lasted a minute. And that was after I got sick.

Granted Im big, but 11 yr olds??? With knives maybe, or guns, but clubs one better have knocked me out without me knowing he was there instead of running up on me like is described or the ones I can get hold of wont sit down for a week.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

If I was cornered by a group of 11 year-olds wielding 2x4s, and I had the opportunity to at least get out a few words before they started beating me, I would likely make them aware that I am carrying and will not hesitate to shoot them if they don't back off. Under normal circumstances, I would NEVER tell someone I am carrying, but this situation is anything but normal. This is a very bad situation to be in, and honestly I hope I am never in a situation where a child gang corners me. Shooting kids would be just as horrible as being beaten by them, in my opinion, but then again, in the end, it comes down to them or you. There may just be no good way out of this, and by at least trying to scare them with words maybe, just maybe they will back off. If not, any witnesses in the area will be able to attest to your restraint seeing as you announced to them that you will use deadly force if they don't leave you alone.
    BenGoodLuck, R040607 and atctimmy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 02R1 View Post
    Now, what if 5 - 11 yr olds tried jumping you with a weapon, what would you do?
    I wouldn't allow myself to be beaten with anything, by any number of people. No telling they're 11yrs old. Relevant information is that there are five of them and each is carrying a deadly weapon and wielding it as such. If they require a bit of nudging to get the point, then that's what they require. 'Nuff said, really.

After the fact, knowing they're only pups might change the hand-wringing, sure. But under the upraised knife, it doesn't much matter what age they might be. If the threat is legitimate, real and immediate, and the jeopardy cannot be explained away via clear facts to the contrary (ie, they were only 3'6" and clearly little children (2x4's or no)), then it seems clear the important aspects are known via their actions, weaponry, numbers and apparent capability to overwhelm a person. Little different than a bunch of other thugs, albeit taller/older ones.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; December 15th, 2013 at 08:49 AM. Reason: grammar, spelling
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    All depends what goes down! Space I feel would be a key factor, Aggression. Mindset of the kids. But I'm sure other thoughts would also come into play. Bottom line would be my survival at all cost.. Three options RUN,HIDE,FIGHT. In any order I'm sure my gut would know when push comes to shove and shove comes to shoot!

Real life scenario: 14 year old gang banger takes 3 shots at me, hit me with one shot at point blank range. i had no weapon on me at the time. 14 year old was caught, tried, and spent 15 years in prison.

Current SA does not allow children anywhere close to me, i may be paranoid? But to answer the OP question ... if in fear of great bodily harm, I KNOW from past experience that a teen CAN pull the trigger, and i will respond accordingly, to stop the threat.

Very situational...I am currently 38 6'1" and 230lbs with a hockey build so probably would beat the snot out of those kids but I have a friend who is 5'4" and probably weighs 125lbs soaking wet so things would be different for him I think.
    Ghost1958 and GentlemanJim like this.

Distinguished Member Array technomonster's Avatar
    deadly threat is a deadly threat, form does not matter.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

It sickens me to think of the situation, but it would all depend on what I'm dealing with. This week I started a new job as a youth correctional officer. One of the many things I've learned is there are 11 year olds out there who will take your life and not think twice about it, just as some adults will. Personally, I can look at a kid who I know has done absolutely awful, disgusting things, and still see a child. But, I can also see a monster, depending on how there're handling themselves at the current moment. It's really sad to see kids like that.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
    kaikane0812 and Arborigine like this.

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    It's not the size of he that is threating but the size of the threat. You react to the threat not the person, but you do stop the threat by stopping the person.

In the OP, the number of, would be the biggest factor of threat over the size of those in the group.
    Last edited by Bill MO; December 15th, 2013 at 10:12 AM.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tnlc9 View Post
    Real life scenario: 14 year old gang banger takes 3 shots at me, hit me with one shot at point blank range. i had no weapon on me at the time. 14 year old was caught, tried, and spent 15 years in prison.

Current SA does not allow children anywhere close to me, i may be paranoid? But to answer the OP question ... if in fear of great bodily harm, I KNOW from past experience that a teen CAN pull the trigger, and i will respond accordingly, to stop the threat.
    First is SA---I agree. After that comes imminent danger and, quite frankly, in this asylum run by its inmates and formerly known as the USA, where social chaos is rampant and no one has any responsibilities for anything anymore including monster children, imminent danger to me has no guidelines, no measurement standards, and no age standards. The question comes down to me being an adult and trying to deal with the situation one way or another, particularly if it is a minor, depending on how this is "going down" but if it comes down to imminent danger, I will defend myself and my family and have no qualms whatsoever about who the adversary is--period/end of story. I want to be right about my decision and not dead right.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Links