Store robber uses AR-15

This is a discussion on Store robber uses AR-15 within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I hope robbing with an AR doesn't catch on, and this happened in the afternoon, and not in a seedy part of town. I believe ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By ppkheat
  • 2 Post By TRX
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 2 Post By gatorbait51
  • 1 Post By tdave
  • 2 Post By Bassindude
  • 1 Post By jake01
  • 1 Post By StormRhydr
  • 1 Post By CIBMike

Thread: Store robber uses AR-15

VIP Member

Store robber uses AR-15

I hope robbing with an AR doesn't catch on, and this happened in the afternoon, and not in a seedy part of town. I believe this guy walked to the store, probably had the AR slung from his neck and hidden under his heavy coat. His ID is pretty well hidden with his gloves, mask, etc, not a lot of firm characteristics to go on. He's very nervous and obviously doesn't want to be taken from behind.

I'm not asking what you would or wouldn't do, those are always very broad questions. I post this wondering if we are going to eventually see more and more rifles used in robberies. With so much news about the "assault rifle", the AR has a definite edge on psychological intimidation. His weapon has a lot of advantages over my weapon in my pocket, or even my .40 cal Sig, nonetheless I'm outgunned.

Photo from security cam, plus link to the story.

Witness recalls chilling moments during video store robbery - KSLA News 12 Shreveport, Louisiana News Weather & Sports
    Attached Images
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

2. Remove Ads

TRX
    10 quatloos says if they ever catch the guy, the AR was stolen.
    gatorbait51 and airslot like this.

Frankly rifle dont worry me as much as criminals packing armor .. I be far more worried about criminal wearing vest then rifles . I remember there was some waco in TX that started shooting at his ex wife in front of the court house with a ak and a ccw shoot him but he was wearing armor...

Cause sure a ar is sure scary but a 9mm to the chest still drop him dead.

But it is the scare factor more then anything I would guess .

Who here remembers the Hollywood shootouts or even the Miami one in the 80s .

Still not good if this catch on esp for leo responders

Also in some place rifle/shotgun may be more popular for bad guys as there are easier to get then handguns . This may be why m-1 carbines are banned in NJ
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Looks like a bad part of town with those bars across the door/windows at night, haven't seen those since I left Detroit.

With that coat , I thought of "Body Armor, too", LEOs would respond with a SG, so body armor would be useless.

Idiot stole an AR, gotta wonder if he knows how to use it.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TRX View Post
    10 quatloos says if they ever catch the guy, the AR was stolen.
    Probably from an unattended cop car. (No, it is not LEO bashing, It happens)
    tdave and blitzburgh like this.

Seems if this guy showed up it would be time for the good judgment that put down Wes Hardin.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

He didnt really look like he had much experience holding the rifle, but then agan im sure his adrinalin was really pumping. Jim
    gatorbait51 and CIBMike like this.
    1911 responds much quicker than 911

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Frankly rifle dont worry me as much as criminals packing armor .. I be far more worried about criminal wearing vest then rifles . I remember there was some waco in TX that started shooting at his ex wife in front of the court house with a ak and a ccw shoot him but he was wearing armor...
    I have to agree...bad guy with an AR is scary but bad guy with body armor is scarier. They don't make my handgun rounds hot enough to deal with a trauma plate.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA Lifetime Member
    =“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” -George Orwell
    ="If you are more than 20 feet from your weapon while reading this thread you are doing it wrong." -Myself

His coat seemed likely to be "highly identifiable". I think that guy will get a dime dropped on him, if that video gets around
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassindude View Post
    He didnt really look like he had much experience holding the rifle, but then agan im sure his adrinalin was really pumping. Jim
    ............rifle too low in the armpit almost .........head movement without rifle movement.........hand way back by the delta ring
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    The easy way is always mined.

Links