gun plus massage

gun plus massage

This is a discussion on gun plus massage within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is a serious question - one I've been concerned about for some time: I have a much needed therapeutic deep tissue massage every 3 ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: gun plus massage

VIP Member

gun plus massage

This is a serious question - one I've been concerned about for some time:

I have a much needed therapeutic deep tissue massage every 3 or 4 weeks. My problem is what to do with my gun while in the building. This isn't keeping me awake at nights, but the more I think about it the more concerned I get so I thought I'd do some brain picking here on the forum........

It is a stand alone building - older house converted to business building. Not in a mostly residential area. There is occasionally one other car in the parking area, but often only my car because the owner runs her business by herself. There are one or sometimes two other people in the back part of the building because her husband runs an accounting service there.

There are lockers in the bathroom, but I recently discovered that both locks are keyed alike and there is usually one key hanging on the locker which is for the next person on the schedule.

I have a Nano vault in my car.

My question (s) =====

Do I lock my gun in the Nano vault, thereby having no means of defense the entire 1 1/2 hours I am in the building - and taking the chance that someone may break into my car?

Do I keep locking my gun in the locker in the restroom as I've been doing, and hope no one comes in the door to the waiting room and decides to grab the money from the desk drawer and then rush into the bathroom and rip open the locker door?

Do I put my gun in the humongously oversize bathrobe (one size fits all, up to 400 pounds) pocket and hope it doesn't fall out while the robe is hanging on the peg on the door in the actual massage room?

What do you think is my best course of action?
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

First one, although I would think the second one is less likely.

This:

Do I put my gun in the humongously oversize bathrobe (one size fits all, up to 400 pounds) pocket and hope it doesn't fall out while the robe is hanging on the peg on the door in the actual massage room?
    Add a Remora holster (pocket style) and you are good to go.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    This:

Add a Remora holster (pocket style) and you are good to go.
    Most of the time I use a Remora for carry - occasionally a soft suede and even less frequently an IWB kydex.

==================

Distinguished Member
    1. Get a smaller gun for your massage therapy sessions and keep it with you
    2. Ask your therapist if she minds you bringing your gun
    3. good luck
    Old Sarge likes this.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

2. Ask your therapist if she minds you bringing your gun
    Why? I wouldn't.

I guess I haven't become so attached to my gun that I can't do without it for a short time, after all I lived 68 years without it and I'm still kickin...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksgunner View Post
    I guess I haven't become so attached to my gun that I can't do without it for a short time, after all I lived 68 years without it and I'm still kickin...
    It is NOT that I want the gun by my side while getting the massage. That would be sort of like putting it in a plastic bag and taking it into the shower with me at home......kind of impractical to say the least.

It IS that I do not want it stolen. I am not kidding myself that I could, in the relaxed state that is necessary to get any good out of a massage, jump off of the table and grab my gun fast enough to be effective with it if a BG burst into the massage room itself.
    oldskeetshooter likes this.

==================

VIP Member
    If you have the vault in your car I'd argue you've done all you can do to keep someone from stealing it. After that if it happens you just have to chalk it up to things happening sometimes.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Could you bring your own lock with you and put it on the lockers in the bathroom. The physical therapist I go to has lockers and we can bring our own locks or use theirs.

Distinguished Member Array squid86's Avatar
    just have to determine if the risk walking from the building to the car unarmed is bigger than the possibility of someone breaking into the locker inside...i would choose the locker inside. at least you will have your gun with you while transiting to and from the building.
    ShooterGranny likes this.
    USN Veteran
    "A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by duckie View Post
    Could you bring your own lock with you and put it on the lockers in the bathroom. The physical therapist I go to has lockers and we can bring our own locks or use theirs.
    No, unfortunately I can't bring my own lock. No place to put it. The lockers are home built wooden boxes with slightly flimsy wooden doors and small turn key locks with questionable latches. This is not "big city"ville here.

She is, however, by far the best massage therapist in many counties around. I don't need to go to the chiropractor at all when I get regular massages from her. Her facilities are totally immaculate at all times - and the "sheets" are fluffy, cozy light weight blankets on top of a really nicely padded massage table. I wouldn't go elsewhere - that's for sure!

==================

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    How about bringing your purse into the massage room and setting it right below the table where you can still view it through the hole? DR
    88keys and phreddy like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    How about bringing your purse into the massage room and setting it right below the table where you can still view it through the hole? DR
    N/A

No hole to look through. The padded head/face support extension has a shelf and pillow under it for you to stretch/wrap your arms when you get to that part of the massage process.

But -- I suppose if I'm worried about my gun being stolen I should worry about my purse also because that has all my STUFF in it, like credit cards, SS card (I know we aren't supposed to carry SS cards but I do), checkbook, ins. ID's, etc. Fortunately we have Life Lock Ultimate so in case it all does get stolen I can contact them and they have all the information to put stops on everything so I guess that's why I don't worry as much about the purse. Sure would be a pain in the butt until everything got replaced though!

Perhaps I should lock most of that stuff in the safe with the "not being carried today" guns before I leave home and just take minimum with me when I go for a massage.

That's what I like about this forum - always gives you one more "good practices" thing to think about.

==================

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    I have a much needed therapeutic deep tissue massage every 3 or 4 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    She is, however, by far the best massage therapist in many counties around.
    Lucky......(jealous!)
    ShooterGranny likes this.
    "Freedom and discipline have come to be regarded as mutually exclusive, when in fact freedom is not at all the opposite, but the final reward of discipline" - Elisabeth Elliot

"While they are saying, “Peace and safety!” then destruction will come upon them suddenly" 1Thess 5:3

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links