Watch this video--carjacking yesterday here

This is a discussion on Watch this video--carjacking yesterday here within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This guy's washing his car, two men approach. One gets in the car, another seems to have a gun (what kind of gun is that???) ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Watch this video--carjacking yesterday here

This guy's washing his car, two men approach. One gets in the car, another seems to have a gun (what kind of gun is that???) and pulls the woman out of the car, then they drive off.

Kettering carjacking caught on camera

Discuss.

NOTE: the tv station flipped the video somehow. Yes, this is in Dayton, Ohio.
    Last edited by Todd_Ohio; December 20th, 2013 at 08:42 PM.
    Life is about service.

They sure made that look easy. This is a case of being at the wrong place and a lack of SA. Armed or not, that is not a situation I would want to be in.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Looks like a long barreled revolver to me.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Distinguished Member Array BadgerJ's Avatar
    Apparently the kids have started stalking people and riding up silently on bicycles and doing strong-arm robberies and assaults. Don't know how you guard against that.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Definitely does look like a long barreled revolver. Not many ways being armed could have helped here. Not stopping at a car wash at night was the best course of action here.
    KoB likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Bad situation. Only not being there would've helped. I hate letting bad guys dictate where i can or cannot go.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    Looks like a long barreled revolver to me.
    Yeah, I thought maybe a .44 mag, but it seemed like such a weird choice for thugs. When I first saw the video, I thought it was a stick. I have trouble making out the cylinder.
    Life is about service.

Distinguished Member
    I see three things here.
    Did I feel threatened for my life. Yes when I saw the gun it became life threatening.
    They let my wife go she is now safe
    Would I step in front of the car and shoot as they tried to drive away placing my life in jeopardy by hitting me with the car

The third one is the one that has me bothered. I don't care about the car and the life changing events of when I shoot are not worth a car. My concern is would my training in a war step in and my reaction be not conscious thought but pure instinct or survival driven.
    ShooterGranny likes this.

Ahhhhh where did they this happened?... Why is the steering wheel on the right side of the car?

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    My guess it was a pellet gun, what thug carries a long barreled gun. Wonder why the guy didn't let him have it with the wash wand, those things have a lot of pressure.
    ShooterGranny and Ghost1958 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    Ahhhhh where did they this happened?... Why is the steering wheel on the right side of the car?
    Good observation. It was supposed to be in Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Spuk View Post
    The angle is flipped, look at the numbers to the lower right of the video....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by Oldpsufan View Post
    My guess it was a pellet gun, what thug carries a long barreled gun. Wonder why the guy didn't let him have it with the wash wand, those things have a lot of pressure.
    I didn't get a close look either but one reason for a long barreled gun could be that it's the only one he has stolen thus far.
    Secret Spuk likes this.

Buntline Special..................... Oh Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Would I step in front of the car and shoot as they tried to drive away placing my life in jeopardy by hitting me with the car.
    Makes me think: Why step in front? Soon as thug #1 gets in driver's seat (assuming you are carrying) let him have a few HP souveniers of his night out at the car wash through the driver's side window. Plus, you'd be 1) much closer (better shot) and 2) side glass cheaper to replace than windshield. Win-win! And if it was a pellet gun you were in fear for your life and thought it was a long-barreled .44 magnum!!! You can't be held responsible for his (thug's) bad decision.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links