16 year old shoots two Texas officers, is later killed

This is a discussion on 16 year old shoots two Texas officers, is later killed within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We have had some hot argume...uhm, I mean, highly passionate discussions here about shooting younger people, some with real guns, some with highly realistic, but ...

Like Tree31Likes
  • 1 Post By Chaplain Scott
  • 10 Post By Taurahe
  • 7 Post By manolito
  • 2 Post By kelcarry
  • 4 Post By VNvet
  • 3 Post By bigpapa
  • 4 Post By archer51

Thread: 16 year old shoots two Texas officers, is later killed

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar

16 year old shoots two Texas officers, is later killed

We have had some hot argume...uhm, I mean, highly passionate discussions here about shooting younger people, some with real guns, some with highly realistic, but fake guns.

Here is another twist, development that sheds some light into the difficulties facing both LE and private, armed citizens..........

2 Texas officers wounded, suspect killed after manhunt

ME identifies 16-year-old Mansfield boy killed in shootout with Grand Prairie police Wednesday | Dallas Morning News
    maxwell97 likes this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Age has no boundaries in the world of criminals, and it is dangerous for anyone to think it does. While shooting anyone, let alone a child of any age, will never make my bucket list, I will never hesitate to do so in the defense of my life, or the lives of others if it is necessary. If a child is old enough to make adult decisions, even bad ones, they they will have to live, or die, by the adult repercussions.
    It is a cold and heartless way of thinking, but the world can be cold and heartless.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

All's Well That Ends Well.............

Distinguished Member
    One of the hardest lessons guys had to learn in Nam was young can kill. We have some ideas about young and girls don't kill. Fact is they are very good at it.

I hope officers recovery completely and may the family of the young boy find peace.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    Age has no boundaries in the world of criminals, and it is dangerous for anyone to think it does. While shooting anyone, let alone a child of any age, will never make my bucket list, I will never hesitate to do so in the defense of my life, or the lives of others if it is necessary. If a child is old enough to make adult decisions, even bad ones, they they will have to live, or die, by the adult repercussions.
    It is a cold and heartless way of thinking, but the world can be cold and heartless.
    Could not say it any better. Sex, age, race, religion--you try and kill me, I will surely defend myself and if you die, I will not lose any sleep over it.
    Taurahe and FLcracker like this.

VIP Member
    No one should have to die at the hands of a young child with plans on going out in a blaze .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Quote Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    One of the hardest lessons guys had to learn in Nam was young can kill. We have some ideas about young and girls don't kill. Fact is they are very good at it.
    Yes, I know all too well. I never hesitated. My WWI Grandfather told me in combat that hesitation will get you killed. That advice served me well.

Why are they even discussions this, this is crazy the only discussions should be is they shoot at you you shoot back. Like someone said back in Vietnam they put up the kids to bomb or kill the soldiers and when they had to shoot the kids because they was trying to kill them. When they came back they were quick to call them kids and woman killer, they wasn't there to see kids killing the soldiers, if a kid or woman try to kill me what I'm I going to stand up and tell them you can kill me because you're a kid.

Never mind the fact I have kids of my own and that they want me to return home. I don't think so, you try to kill me I will shoot back. I know that is a hard saying but what's you going to do, if he or she shoot at you shoot back and be done with it or deal with it because nobody want to shoot a kid or nobody in fact.
    msgt/ret, Taurahe and BurgerBoy like this.
    Glock 19 Gen 4, Glock 30s, Gen4 G27, Gen4 G29
    XDm .45 ACP 4.5
    Remington 870 Tactical Express 18'
    1972-2000 U.S Army Veteran, MSG

On one of my final assignments I had two 15 y/o inmates. This was an adult facility both were Crips (Different sets) both in for murder one started his incarceration on this charge at age 14. Their victims were just as dead.

VIP Member
    Let's see.....16 year old in a stolen car, with a stolen gun, fires on police then flees. Caught again and again fires on police, wounding 2. In return is shot and killed. Sounds like a reasonable response by LEO's involved.

Of course parents and friend will claim he was a little angel. Had fallen in with the wrong crowd, but was turning his life around........almost forgot the most important thing. They didn't need to kill him, they could have just shot him in the leg, or even better just shot the gun out of his hand!
    msgt/ret, OldVet, bigpapa and 1 others like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    They have a distinctive advantage and that is deception. Criminals already have the advantage and when you add in factors that, for some, naturally lower the guard the advantage is even greater.

Links