Watched a Limatunes Video yesterday that made me think.

This is a discussion on Watched a Limatunes Video yesterday that made me think. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ive seen the polls of how many of us carry with one in the pipe or not. I usually (and it may be sad to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Watched a Limatunes Video yesterday that made me think.

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar

Watched a Limatunes Video yesterday that made me think.

Ive seen the polls of how many of us carry with one in the pipe or not. I usually (and it may be sad to say) do not as Ive always figured that I would have time to rack one........until...... I watched a video from limatunes showing a defensive altercation that kind of put things in a different perspective. She was able to get a couple shots off(with one in the pipe) although she would have been stabbed twice. In the opposing view without one in the pipe,she never got a shot off and would have potentially been mortally wounded. I may have to trust my holster a bit more after seeing this

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    While talking pro's and con's can be helpful. Actually seeing is often much better for making a decision.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

You mention trusting your holster a bit more, what kind of gun do you carry? Perhaps you could look into the design of it and come to trust the gun more, too.

What I found "funny" is I had no qualms whatsoever about carrying my Glock's (and other similar guns) with one in the pipe, but when I got my first 1911, I was a bit worried about carrying cocked and locked. It really made no sense to me why I was worried about it. I looked more into the design and confirmed what I already knew; I was just being silly.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Carrying without one chambered turns your weapon into a expensive rock

Violence is very violent, it's quick and overpowering. We who have never experienced a violent attack don't have any idea, but if you have the opportunity to talk to somebody that had, do. You will learn that it's much safer to be readyer.

Is this the video you are referring to?

Should You Carry A Round In The Chamber? - YouTube
    gatorbait51 and CLASS3NH like this.

Quote Originally Posted by palmcoaster View Post
    I watched a video from limatunes showing a defensive altercation that kind of put things in a different perspective. She was able to get a couple shots off(with one in the pipe) although she would have been stabbed twice. In the opposing view without one in the pipe,she never got a shot off and would have potentially been mortally wounded.
    Every individual situation is different. The slightest changes in proximity, timing, alertness, aggressiveness, anticipation and all the rest can affect outcomes. Some situations are utterly and blindingly quick and overpowering. Others are slow to brew (think: boiled frog syndrome), dulling our senses and causing us to mistake the cues. Others are in-your-face and obvious, with plenty of time and proximity to second-guess ourselves.

We certainly owe it to ourselves to evaluate possibilities, then to train to deal with various situations.

I'm all for suggesting how another outcome in a given situation might occur, but it's moot since the situation only has one outcome. Other outcomes might occur in another situation similar to that one, but the characteristics will be different, and such slight difference can matter. And so, train/train/train, then train some more.

My preference, given my carry weapon and skill levels: one in the pipe, strong situational awareness, ideally maintaining what distance I can until it's painfully clear what direction it's going. How it plays out will depend on the details.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by palmcoaster View Post
    Ive seen the polls of how many of us carry with one in the pipe or not. I usually (and it may be sad to say) do not as Ive always figured that I would have time to rack one........until...... I watched a video from limatunes showing a defensive altercation that kind of put things in a different perspective. She was able to get a couple shots off(with one in the pipe) although she would have been stabbed twice. In the opposing view without one in the pipe,she never got a shot off and would have potentially been mortally wounded. I may have to trust my holster a bit more after seeing this
    I know for a fact your holster is trustworthy, so rack that slide and carry on.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

OP, what do you carry?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post

Thats the one...very enlightening
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I alternate between a G27 and a G30S . Crossbreed Supertuck and Milt Sparks vm2 are my two holsters that I carry them in

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I know for a fact your holster is trustworthy, so rack that slide and carry on.
    Yes you do being that I got it from you(the Vm2 that is...Love it)
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darbo View Post

Her SA is terrible. The guy walks into her garage wearing that mask with his hands stuffed in his pockets and she does nothing to gain some distance. "Sarcasm off"
    Caertaker and gatorbait51 like this.

One just never knows what will happen, and how it will go when or if it happens. And let us not forget Murphy's law. No matter how prepared we may think we are, things can and often do happen that just negate all that training. That is why one must do whatever they can to avoid drawing, or firing that weapon. Situational awareness is paramount to avoiding potential trouble. Hopefully though, if we draw our weapon, that is enough to stop the threat.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I wonder what this guy thinks about that??? He did a great job by the way...

Real Footage: Security Guard Calmly Shoots Armed Intruders | R.T.B.A. Co.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Equality does not exist in the real world - it is a fiction to help the self esteem of those people who consistently fail to succeed.
    Retired SF(SP) CMSgt 1979-2005

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links