Very Bad Shooting near Barboursville, WV

This is a discussion on Very Bad Shooting near Barboursville, WV within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This happened the other day. Guy shot two brothers who he thought were breaking into a building on his property. Used a scoped rifle. Two ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Very Bad Shooting near Barboursville, WV

Unhappy Very Bad Shooting near Barboursville, WV

This happened the other day. Guy shot two brothers who he thought were breaking into a building on his property. Used a scoped rifle. Two killed turned out to be on the adjacent property the one brother owned. The shooter has been charged with murder.

Why do people do this? I can see the anti gun people all over this like stink on you know what.

Building owned by shooting victim | The Herald-Dispatch
    Jeanlouise and BenGoodLuck like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

This guy is going away for the rest of his life.... Stupid.
    Jeanlouise and Sister like this.
    Nations crumble from within when the citizenry asks of government those things which it might better provide for itself... Man is not free unless government is limited... As government expands, liberty contracts.
    -Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    That was flat out murder. In no way can he claim he felt his life was in danger using a scope to shoot and kill 2 men.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Be sure of your target and what is beyond it. Also learn the rules concerning apply deadly force. Did a little reading on WV law and it doesn't look like you have the right to use deadly force to protect property, so I can't see what argument he could use for what he did.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    This will definitely be used by the anti gun folk, maybe an IQ test would have helped.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    Not sure how he thought he was justified in doing this. Was he confused who owned the building that the 2 victims were entering? If he thought he owned it then this is a perfect example of when police should have been called to handle it. I have no problem with taking someone's life if it was in defense of mine or someone elses but I can't imagine taking another life in a situation like this.
    Sister and ShooterGranny like this.

Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    Be sure of your target and what is beyond it. Also learn the rules concerning apply deadly force. Did a little reading on WV law and it doesn't look like you have the right to use deadly force to protect property, so I can't see what argument he could use for what he did.
    Actually we do have the "right" to protect our property,and that includes deadly force. This however was not, it was just some loon just shooting people from a distance who he "thought" might be breaking into his building. He failed on multiple accounts to discriminate between a burglar and someone not doing that.

This 61 year old guy is going to prison for life no doubt. He will die there. The whole situation could have been avoided if he would have taken a few steps to identify if indeed they were thieves. This is the crap that anti gunners want and need. To show that we who own guns are nothing more than blood-thirsty killers who just shoot anyone. Like I said before, I hate stuff like this.
    Jeanlouise, Sister and Ghost1958 like this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Decisions have consequences, and not just for the one making the decision.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

This guy's going away for murder, as he should. My thoughts are with the victims.
    chandlerusm likes this.

VIP Member
    The shooter, 62-year-old Rodney Bruce Black, called 911 after the shooting to report that he saw two men entering his outbuilding and he shot them from his window. Black was charged with two counts of first-degree murder and remains in the Western Regional Jail pending further court proceedings.
    There is no way he can claim he was in fear for his life so there is no justifiable claim for self defense. The only shooting he should have done is with a camera while dialing 911. I am sure the antis will have a field day with this one.
    airslot likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

This is outright murder... Even if the two brothers were actually on his property, it'd still be murder.
    rcsoftexas likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Administrator
    Wow. Moronic.
    airslot likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

His claimed justification is so irrational (he doesn't own the land, he doesn't own the building and he had nothing of his in the building, yet he claims he was defending what is his) that you have to wonder if some mental illness or disease is at work here. Taking human life over a matter of property (his life was never threatened) is hard to fathom, and, I think he is about to find, just about impossible to justify. Prayers for the victims and their families. It's a shame that their dream of building their home on the site is now ruined.
    chandlerusm likes this.

Truly a sad situation. That's definitely murder.
    Ghost1958 likes this.
    Kentucky Dept of Criminal Justice Training Certified Firearms Instructor in Carrying Concealed Deadly Weapons
    www.MakeReadyDefense.com
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Recruiter

VIP Member
    Guy makes Forrest Gump look like a brain surgeon!
    msgt/ret and airslot like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links