Armed Robbery at Local Store...

This is a discussion on Armed Robbery at Local Store... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My wife and I were out shopping on Saturday night. It was snowing lightly when we started out. We made a few stops and the ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By StrutStopper
  • 3 Post By Ghost1958
  • 1 Post By patri0t
  • 1 Post By BkCo1
  • 1 Post By Wishoot

Thread: Armed Robbery at Local Store...

Armed Robbery at Local Store...

My wife and I were out shopping on Saturday night. It was snowing lightly when we started out. We made a few stops and the snow was coming down a little heavier, still not too bad though. After our last stop, my wife asked if we should go to the dollar store (she wanted to see if they had a particular kitchen gadget) but we decided to go home instead. Here's a link of what was happening at the Dollar Tree probably about the time we decided not to go there Robber hits North Kingstown Dollar Tree store - News, Weather and Classifieds for Southern New England. Its hard to tell from the story whether this dirt bag quietly demanded money from the clerk without attracting the attention of any patrons or if it would have been immediately obvious about what was going down. Its hard to say what I would have done had I been in the store at the time. I'm sure the punk just wanted some quick cash, but depending on if I saw what was happening, where in the store I was, where my wife was, where other people were, etc., I may or may not have drawn. I wouldn't want to put other people in danger or take pot shots at a punk if it didn't look like he was going to shoot anyone. If he started shooting or if I was not within his field of view, I may have drawn and taken cover, possibly shoot if the situation warranted it. Anyway, I'm glad we went home instead.
    StormRhydr, Phaedrus and ArmyCop like this.

2. Remove Ads

Uh what is the deal with everone robbing the dollar stores as of late .. More then likly there no gun for emplyes rule.. Course the customre in that one in AL cap that dude in that robbery..

Well that was good timing
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Uh what is the deal with everone robbing the dollar stores as of late .. More then likly there no gun for emplyes rule.. Course the customre in that one in AL cap that dude in that robbery..

Well that was good timing
    Aint cha heard? We got Obama in office. Times is hard, even for the BGs.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

It would take quite a bit to get me or my wife involved. We would have migrated to the rear of the store while hoping to be left alone.

If we were in danger of 'Great Bodily Harm', then it would have been a very bad day for everyone involved. Glad to learn you and your wife made it home safely.
    TVJ likes this.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

You did the right thing. You followed your gut feelings.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Semper Fi
    "Marines don't surrender-they win or die." from Brute

Glad you werent there.

BG with a gun is a felony and a danger to anyone in the store in range of that gun. So being fear of death or great bodily harm at the point is a given.

What one does about it though is a judgement call one can only make if stuck in that situation.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    These guys think the 'dollar store' is where you go to get dollars.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Distinguished Member Array BlackStallion29's Avatar
    It's hard to say what any of us would do. I'd like to think we wouldn't want to play the hero, but I guess until we're ever in this situation, just thank God we weren't.
    "Everybody gets knocked down in life. How you choose to get back up is up to you!"
    *NRA* *BFA*
    *GOA* *SAF*
    *NAGR*

Always go with your gut. Whenever I did it worked out. When I didn't stuff went south.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post

Never been in one, but I would guess that there's a lot of cash on hand. I'm assuming that they don't do a huge amount of credit transactions.
    TRX likes this.

VIP Member
    Nothing in a Dollar Store that I'm risking my life over.

If the BG had started waving the gun around or making advances to me then it's game on....

I was in grade school at the time and my Mom was out late one evening running errands. She was just about to stop at the now defunct Burger Chef and Jeff but decided she'd better get home and take care of me. It was only a day or 2 later that we realized my Mom could very well have been one of the closing time victims of this still unsolved multiple murder The Burger Chef Reliquary: Speedway Burger Chef Murders: Special Report

Quote Originally Posted by DonPablo_VA View Post
    I was in grade school at the time and my Mom was out late one evening running errands. She was just about to stop at the now defunct Burger Chef and Jeff but decided she'd better get home and take care of me. It was only a day or 2 later that we realized my Mom could very well have been one of the closing time victims of this still unsolved multiple murder The Burger Chef Reliquary: Speedway Burger Chef Murders: Special Report
    This is quite a big deal here in Indianapolis. Although never officially solved, there is a lot of circumstantial evidence to suggest that we know at least 2 of the individuals involved. One has since died and the other lives in Franklin, IN, not far from where the bodies were found. This occurred on November 17, 1978 (a Friday night) and was the night before the mass suicide/murder story broke in Jonestown, Guyana with Jim Jones who, ironically, had his first church here in Indianapolis. Our local media was very busy that morning.

It's unlikely that your mom would have been a victim, as we know that the perps made entry through the back door approximately 15 minutes after the store had closed. Your mom would have been long gone. All of the dead were employees.

I make sure to avoid closing times at the smaller type stores and opening
    times
    a banks.

TVJ
    If my wife is with me, we exit back of store quiet and discrete. Happy to go through any alarmed door to get outside and call 911.

My wife's safety is first priority and that includes a graceful, non-confrontational exit.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Links