Getting shot is expensive!

This is a discussion on Getting shot is expensive! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good Samaritan gunshot victim needs help with hospital bills - CBS 5 - KPHO Good Samaritan gunshot victim needs help with $300,000 to $400,000 of ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Getting shot is expensive!

Senior Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar

Good Samaritan gunshot victim needs help with hospital bills - CBS 5 - KPHO

Good Samaritan gunshot victim needs help with $300,000 to $400,000 of hospital bills!

"Shoot 'em in the leg they said" Damn, my house is not even worth that much. Time to up my CCW insurance.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I have not heard this thanks for posting ...

Man I hope he gets the help he needs .. Leg wounds are nothing to laugh about ...
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Aggravated assault and misconduct with weapons????? Attempted murder come to mind? Shame Good Sam didnt have the means to pop old squinty boy there betwixt the eyes on him. Lucky he didnt bleed out or the whack job didnt shoot him again and finish the job.

Hope he gets the help he needs also. Thats a pile of money.

Edited to add:
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; January 31st, 2014 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Deleted political content
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    Lucky he had a hospital who cared enough to do more than stabilize him and ship him off to a hospital that is in no position to refuse a patient with no insurance, as has happened to me. Maybe a lawyer should get involved to see if a law suit can recoup some funds. Lord knows if you take out a BG his family can come after you.
    BadgerJ, gatorbait51 and Exacto like this.

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    Only $100k for bail?
    Stirling XD and gatorbait51 like this.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    You should also remember that "getting the BG shot can be expensive", especially if you have not followed the firearm laws and rules for self defense in your state. Disregarding firearm laws at businesses where CC is not permitted or not acting responsibly--legal costs and civil judgments can easily wipe out your personal fortune. Too many members seem to indicate that a what if requires a firearm. Situational awareness, retreat, running away, being a model civil citizen etal are all precursors to anything related to the use of your firearm--it is free, which is a heck of a lot cheaper than your personal fortune.
    gatorbait51 and molleur like this.

VIP Member
    sad the world we live in
    Eagleks and gatorbait51 like this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Legally and financially, the best option is usually to do nothing. "In the end, we're likely to be punished for our kindnesses."
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    Not only is getting shot expensive, it also hurts like hell.

Most state hospitals with a trauma center gets gunshot victims. They write off their charges when it is determined the patient does not have the wherewithal to pay.
    gatorbait51 and Exacto like this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Legally and financially, the best option is usually to do nothing. "In the end, we're likely to be punished for our kindnesses."
    "No good deed goes unpunished" comes to mind, too.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by NickBurkhardt View Post
    Good Samaritan gunshot victim needs help with hospital bills - CBS 5 - KPHO

Good Samaritan gunshot victim needs help with $300,000 to $400,000 of hospital bills!

"Shoot 'em in the leg they said" Damn, my house is not even worth that much. Time to up my CCW insurance.
    Just curious, who is your CCW insurance provided by?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    'Great pic of the shooter. It's one of those faces that just begs to be punched.

VIP Member
    Going to keep my trap shut, as I don't wanna screw up my perfect DC report card.

Perp looks like he needs an attitude adjustment.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    You should also remember that "getting the BG shot can be expensive", especially if you have not followed the firearm laws and rules for self defense in your state. Disregarding firearm laws at businesses where CC is not permitted or not acting responsibly--legal costs and civil judgments can easily wipe out your personal fortune. Too many members seem to indicate that a what if requires a firearm. Situational awareness, retreat, running away, being a model civil citizen etal are all precursors to anything related to the use of your firearm--it is free, which is a heck of a lot cheaper than your personal fortune.
    This occurred in AZ. No permit required.
    Being a domestic dispute, my first instinct was totally in line with your advice- SA, model citizen... I thought "call 911, be a good witness". Then I thought about some of my past neighbors across the street. When the man hits the woman and drops her to the ground, I think the situation changes. Shouting a verbal warning seems pretty reasonable.

BG running across the street toward you with a drawn pistol? Totally justified lethal response. Glad the guy knew to seek cover.

I know some states have government run victim funds. Hope that is available for this guy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links