Rash of area home invasions

This is a discussion on Rash of area home invasions within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; There have been a rash of local area home invasions with overall great results. The first was just a few weeks ago. The 62 yr ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Rash of area home invasions

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar

Rash of area home invasions

There have been a rash of local area home invasions with overall great results.

The first was just a few weeks ago. The 62 yr old home owner fatally shot the 17 yr old intruder that had a shotgun aimed at her. It should be mentioned that the intruder's family forgave the lady for killing their young son (who happened to have a lengthy history). While I would not have taken the chances she did, it ended well for her family and badly for the intruder.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...=2014140105012

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/...=2014301090044

The next two happened this past week. The first ended with one of the intruders fatally shot by a home owner and another injured as those left standing fled the scene. Then the stupid ones went to another apartment across town to rob again. The resident managed to shoot a couple of them but they also shot her.

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...two-residences
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

2. Remove Ads

I think the moral to this story is keep a 12G handy when sitting close to the front door.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Senior Member Array CR Williams's Avatar
    Better, methinks, to have the gun on you so it's there no matter where you are in or around the house.
    My cats support the Second Amendment.

www.inshadowinlight.com

"Oh, bother," said Pooh as he rocked another mag into the 556R...

That is why we have dogs, carry at home, and have other options available.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

Congrats on all the head shots...no mercy for dirtbags willing to break in to the homes of older folks...SIRdarren is now retired...
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar
    To add to the first invasion, the elderly home owner got the perp to come to a bedroom, away from her young family members, and opened a safe while the perp held a shotgun to her neck and head. Once open, she took a bag of change containing $55 and handed it to him. As the perp lowered the shotgun to receive the bag, she pulled a handgun from the safe and popped his sorry a$$ in the sternum. He raised the shotgun to shoot her and she pushed the barrel away and fired again. It was then he took off to the front yard where he died a few feet away.

Folks, I am not going to try to outdraw, pull a gun or offer resistence when someone has a shotgun on me from six inches from my head. Had the perp been a mature perp, he would have shot when she reached for the gun in the safe.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

My personal belief is that when a home invader dies in the act, it should be ruled a suicide.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

My personal belief is that when a home invader dies in the act we should put his sorry carcass on display and broadcast it on national TV. Maybe dissect him and broadcast close up photos of the wound channels and his jellied internal organs. Bring the homeowner to the White House and have the President pin a medal on him/her in a special rose garden ceremony.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I'd be a lot more comfortable in a society where the "victims" are the assaulted & those responsible for the initial ACT are the "criminals". Contrastingly, we make media celebrities of the perps and question the victim's response to the CRIME! I'm sure the anti-gun crowd would suggest a gun-ban solution, never realizing that all the gun-control legislation in the WORLD will NOT STOP the strong & violent from preying on the law-abiding. So taking away the law-abiding citizenry's guns will only serve to EMBOLDEN the strong & violent. Granny Annie Oakley STOPPED the problem, she did NOT...start it.
    gatorbait51 and Wishoot like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    That is why we have dogs, carry at home, and have other options available.
    That's why my dogs carry at home.

Who am I kidding. My dogs are named Mooch & Slacker, and they've earned 'em.

Good for the homeowners and really good for Sirdarren.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    And that folks is why I have a 150 lbs dog that does not like strangers. He will give me enough time to ensure the bad guys have a very bad day.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    What I find disturbing is in the article they(the news) referred to the knuckledragging thug PUNK as an adult, twice;

From 1st article
    A 16-year-old man was killed
    AND
    Hines said the same house was broken into in late December, and that was possibly how the man, an adult whose identity remains unknown, knew there was a safe

She had probably been blocking his view of the inside of the safe, and was most likely allowed time and cover to offer him the money, and when he put his guard down, reach in quick and KABLAMMO!

I love it when a plan comes together.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Good for her..
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Senior Member Array BigCityChief's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CR Williams View Post
    Better, methinks, to have the gun on you so it's there no matter where you are in or around the house.
    ^Makes sense to me!^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Retired LEO
    NRA Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links