What would you do?

What would you do?

This is a discussion on What would you do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Reading some news from back home and ran across this. Now I know some people carry with one in the chamber and others don't. So, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: What would you do?

What would you do?

Reading some news from back home and ran across this.

Now I know some people carry with one in the chamber and others don't. So, with that being said, with your current carrying style, would you defend yourself or not take the risk if u have to pull out your gun and load one into the chamber?

(If we were the boyfriend but armed)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Sorry if this is in the wrong section

Using Tapatalk

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    If I had time to pull out my gun I'd defend myself. He drew first. All my guns, when on my person, has one in the pipe. I never want to take the extra second to pull the slide when that one second is the difference between me or the other in a mourge.
    BenGoodLuck and Leem12 like this.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Leem12 View Post
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section

No worries, we're very much accustomed to moving threads were they belong.
    Leem12 and Oldpsufan like this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I always carry with one in the chamber (Glock 30 SF, 10+1). I'm not sure if I would have chased the BG. There are too many unknowns in this situation - was the BG displaying the gun? Were their lives in danger? Once the BG has taken off, I would have called 911 and be prepared to defend myself and my loved ones.
    Leem12 and WannabeaCPA like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WannabeaCPA View Post
    If I had time to pull out my gun I'd defend myself. He drew first. All my guns, when on my person, has one in the pipe. I never want to take the extra second to pull the slide when that one second is the difference between me or the other in a mourge.
    With that being said I probably wouldn't run after him over the purse. Money can be replaced whereas my life can't. I can call the police, my banks, and everyone that I need to. I'd pull just in case the perp turns around to get rid of any whitnesses. But if I ran after him like the BF did I'd already have my gun at the ready while chasing him.
    Leem12 and BenGoodLuck like this.
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

Quote Originally Posted by BenGoodLuck View Post
    I always carry with one in the chamber (Glock 30 SF, 10+1). I'm not sure if I would have chased the BG. There are too many unknowns in this situation - was the BG displaying the gun? Were their lives in danger? Once the BG has taken off, I would have called 911 and be prepared to defend myself and my loved ones.
    Yea I know they said he approached with a gun so I would say yes. But I agree I wouldn't have chased after him.

BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

I carry one in the pipe, but that really has nothing to do with this scenario. The couple was ambushed, BG had gun in hand, grabbed the purse and ran off. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT pursue. Call 911. If during the conflict there was a chance to draw I would.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Distinguished Member
    Situational awareness would hopefully allow me to identify the perp coming toward us. If I saw him reaching for a gun, well, my hand will already be on mine. If I allow him to get it out and point it at us, well, my bad. he wins and gets the purse without a fight. If I am prepared and have mine out first he will find himself drawing while looking down my barrel and listening to me yelling at him to stop. If his guns comes out an inch BANG. I'm not waiting for a Mexican standoff to develop. I have no interest in a fair fight. The way I picture it (and I'm well aware everyone has a plan till they get hit in the mouth) is that he would be coming at us and his stare will give away his intent. He won't have his gun out to hide his intent till the last moment. My hand goes to mine (and it is NOT a club!). If his hand moves toward anything mine comes out. If his hand is already under his clothing mine is out and at the safe position. I want mine out first. No exceptions. If his comes out after mine, sucks to be him.

Now if he caught us by surprise (shame on me) he gets the purse and if he turns and runs I call 911 and give as good a description as possible while moving with my wife into cover in case he wants to come back and take care of witnesses. I don't shoot someone in the back unless he had already shot me or one of mine. Then I make the argument I thought he might turn to finish the job.
    Last edited by farsidefan1; January 31st, 2014 at 01:41 PM. Reason: clarity
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Let him go... I think the victim learned that the hard way.
    Leem12 and BenGoodLuck like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    I carry one in the pipe, but that really has nothing to do with this scenario. The couple was ambushed, BG had gun in hand, grabbed the purse and ran off. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT pursue. Call 911. If during the conflict there was a chance to draw I would.....
    I agree. That's really what I was asking. Most robberies ppl are caught by surprise. I was jus wondering how many ppl would find an opportunity or just take a loss, if that makes sense

Using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    I agree. That's really what I was asking. Most robberies ppl are caught by surprise. I was jus wondering how many ppl would find an opportunity or just take a loss, if that makes sense

That in bold is an important part of most all situations one finds themselves in...it just happens...without us see it coming. As to do you find the opportunity or not...each situation will be different and so you have to be there to know. What happens in the situation by others and just who and what you know and can do dictates what you do. Each situation will be done different, because we are all different.

Know your own limits...the only way to truly know what you can do is to test them in the closes thing to a real gunfight...FOF.
    BenGoodLuck and Leem12 like this.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

It does make sense, and yes if I had an opportunity I would engage.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

It's actually very simple. Once the BG turned to run, there is no longer a threat to you or a loved one. You having a weapon, regardless of it's carry condition is moot.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    hows the saying go around here everyone likes so much?

the stupid game was being unarmed, and unaware of variables, and chasing a BG with a known weapon.

the stupid prize; was a slug in the chest.

winner winner chicken dinner
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links