Road Rage ,Again

This is a discussion on Road Rage ,Again within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; 10-year-old witnesses grandfather's death in road-rage incident - Houston Chronicle I searched and did not see this posted,remove if it is already here...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Road Rage ,Again

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

Road Rage ,Again

10-year-old witnesses grandfather's death in road-rage incident - Houston Chronicle

I searched and did not see this posted,remove if it is already here
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I feel for the guy that died, but why did he stop to argue? Just let it go whether you are armed or not.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Not much good can come out of involvement in a road rage incident. I simply try to wave/mouth "Sorry", even if I'm not at fault. It can be hard to do when an idiot starts ranting at you, but there is nothing worth 'winning'.

As I've aged, I've slowed down quite a bit...even my wife says that I drive too slow......I let the idiots cut in and let it go. Minutes or hours later, even if one is angry, it's easily forgotten.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member
    What is there to say? No winner here.
    mr.stuart likes this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

If you read the article from the link, scroll through some of the comments.
    1. Both shooter and target(I won't say victim until more is learned) are within a couple years in age.
    2. Target was the one with the road rage.
    3. Shooter had his 15 year-old daughter in the car with him.
    4. Shooter was followed to his home and driveway by the Target.
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
    If I were being followed, that changes things a bit, I wouldn't go to my home, I'd be on the phone dialing 911...I'm still armed, but prefer to let the police intervene. There are plenty of cops driving around this area and I would be sure to make contact with one of them via a 911 operator.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by RETSUPT99 View Post
    /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\
    If I were being followed, that changes things a bit, I wouldn't go to my home, I'd be on the phone dialing 911...I'm still armed, but prefer to let the police intervene. There are plenty of cops driving around this area and I would be sure to make contact with one of them via a 911 operator.
    Mhmm.
    CC Gun: Springfield XD-S 9mm
    Other: Beretta Neos .22

VIP Member
    Stupid people do stupid things and end up paying a high price for them. As in most cases, no one wins in a road rage incident.
    cjkent and mr.stuart like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I try to be cool in the car. When I'm driving I pay attention To everyone around me...just like I do in a store. Just never know who your dealing with.
    NONAME762 likes this.

VIP Member
    Not much good can come out of involvement in a road rage incident. I simply try to wave/mouth "Sorry", even if I'm not at fault. It can be hard to do when an idiot starts ranting at you, but there is nothing worth 'winning'.

As I've aged, I've slowed down quite a bit...even my wife says that I drive too slow......I let the idiots cut in and let it go. Minutes or hours later, even if one is angry, it's easily forgotten.

^I try to stay in this camp here^^^^^^^^^^

As much as possible.

It does not sounds as though the shooter was threatened to the point of retrieving a firearm and shooting the guy, even though the deceased may have provoked the incident.
    I understand his(the deceased) frustration, as people cut me, my wife and family off at least 3-6x a week.
    They have no regard for anyone else, and do it as if to say, go to hell, what are you going to do about it. We live in a rural setting and travel(to town/work/school) quite a bit throughout the week.

Its funny, that when they cut you off(as if they are in a great hurry) then maintain 10 mph under the speed limit, and when you go to pass, you go around them, and some even "flip" you the bird.

Small minds.
    msgt/ret and NONAME762 like this.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array SCXDm9's Avatar
    This is SO full of stupid!!!! Returned to his truck to retrieve his firearm... Jail, for a long time!!!!!

TVJ
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    ^I try to stay in this camp here^^^^^^^^^^

As much as possible.

It does not sounds as though the shooter was threatened to the point of retrieving a firearm and shooting the guy, even though the deceased may have provoked the incident.
    Small minds.
    There was no threat. He walked away. Got gun. Walked back to the non-threat and shot him in the head.

Everything about this is no physical threat. Ego defense is murder.
    SCXDm9, Bad Bob and USM1976 like this.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

There was a new guy that came to work at my old job. He couldn't drive due to CA tickets he owed on and stuff. On paydays I ferried him to cash his check and grocery runs. I did him the favor for a lousy 10 bucks. So he pays me back one payday by telling everyone I am the world's slowest and careful driver. So I said to him well maybe that's why I still got a driver's license and a pretty safe record?

I came as close as I ever wanna be to the angriest road rager in my whole life one day maybe about over a year ago. Traffic was heavy. I was on the freeway. I don't usually get in the hammer lane but was. Average speed was barely 60 in all lanes. All of a sudden this total dipstick was up my keester and laying on the horn. With nowhere to go all I could do was drive. Long story short when I got off the freeway 20 minutes later I called the state patrol and gave them everything but the dipstick's SS number and literally had to yell at the 911 operator to get a statey on this doofus and pull his wings off. I actually used that phrase to pull his wings off.

I didn't like having to get his vehicle ID description of driver and all of it just so I could give the 911 operator an excellent witness report as he did try to crash me by running me into the #2 lane. And yes I was CCing at the time but at no time did I ever consider drawing as I only got 2 hands. And both were on the wheel.

When I reached my destination I needed a 3 finger drink. I probably got on here (DC) instead. These days I limit my trips to the big city as much as possible.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Theres no backing the shooter up from what story says. Argument, one goes and gets a gun, comes back and shoots the other. All kinds of stupid going on on both parties part but nothing that comes close to a person being shot and killed. Sad tragic and dumb
    oneshot likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    There was a new guy that came to work at my old job. He couldn't drive due to CA tickets he owed on and stuff. On paydays I ferried him to cash his check and grocery runs. I did him the favor for a lousy 10 bucks. So he pays me back one payday by telling everyone I am the world's slowest and careful driver. So I said to him well maybe that's why I still got a driver's license and a pretty safe record?

I came as close as I ever wanna be to the angriest road rager in my whole life one day maybe about over a year ago. Traffic was heavy. I was on the freeway. I don't usually get in the hammer lane but was. Average speed was barely 60 in all lanes. All of a sudden this total dipstick was up my keester and laying on the horn. With nowhere to go all I could do was drive. Long story short when I got off the freeway 20 minutes later I called the state patrol and gave them everything but the dipstick's SS number and literally had to yell at the 911 operator to get a statey on this doofus and pull his wings off. I actually used that phrase to pull his wings off.

I didn't like having to get his vehicle ID description of driver and all of it just so I could give the 911 operator an excellent witness report as he did try to crash me by running me into the #2 lane. And yes I was CCing at the time but at no time did I ever consider drawing as I only got 2 hands. And both were on the wheel.

When I reached my destination I needed a 3 finger drink. I probably got on here (DC) instead. These days I limit my trips to the big city as much as possible.
    Let me take a wild guess... Seattle? I can't stand it around here, it's ridiculous. This happened to me the other day, 1 of 3 instances in just 2 days where someone cut me off and almost caused an accident.

At least he didn't have the audacity to flip me off, like some folks. I've even had a guy get out of his vehicle at a stoplight and puff up because I had the nerve to honk at him when he turned out right in front of me. This is the stuff I'm most worried about because I'm a good, aware driver and for some reason people lose it even if they're in the wrong. But, I don't care how much you might have been wronged, it's definitely not worth following someone to their house. This story reminds me of the two guys that shot each other... could have been prevented.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links