Watching Fla Loud Music Trial Right Now

This is a discussion on Watching Fla Loud Music Trial Right Now within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...it's live on Headline News. I'm no legal expert but I don't think its looking too good for Dunn. HLN trotted out 5 legal "experts" ...

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree365Likes

Thread: Watching Fla Loud Music Trial Right Now

...it's live on Headline News. I'm no legal expert but I don't think its looking too good for Dunn.

HLN trotted out 5 legal "experts" and all agree not calling police immediately and his general demeanor (they say no remorse) are nearly insurmountable.

I wonder what the jury make-up is? Ultimately, its in their hands.

Cross examination beginning now.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

I'm not on the jury and don't have all the facts in front of me but from all that I've read, he made several mistakes from the beginning. First Dunn had drank several rums and cokes. Second he said he hates loud thug music and then confronted the guys over it. Third, when one of them said something, he got back into it by asking if they were talking about him. Then he said it looked like they had a shotgun pointed at him, but no shotgun or weapon was found in the vehicle. Then he leaves the scene after he shoots one of them and goes to the hotel and orders pizza and more rums and cokes. It doesn't look good for him.
    Owner/Instructor of Make Ready Defensive Training
    Kentucky Dept of Criminal Justice Training Certified Firearms Instructor in Carrying Concealed Deadly Weapons
    NRA Certified Instructor
    NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
    NRA Recruiter
    www.MakeReadyDefense.com

This is one where's theres no justification. We'll all be better off with him off the streets.

VIP Member
    Any indications of when it will go to the jury?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    The guy is obviously an out of control idiot with serious anger issues.

These are the type of morons who make it tough for those of us who own weapons and have some degree of common sense and good judgement.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

Distinguished Member
    He is not selecting the right words when he answers the cross questions.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    This is one where's theres no justification. We'll all be better off with him off the streets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodad View Post
    how do you know if there was or was not justification? or what his mindset was?
    did either of you two you witness the altercation?
    if yes, why aren't you part of the trial?
    if no, then you two are as clueless as to what took place as everyone else is who wasn't involved.

all that said it doesn't look good for the shooter, possible intoxication and not reporting the shooting are two very big hurdles to overcome, now with all that said he has to be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and there are many things that create some doubts about this shooting being justifiable.
    with that said, this prosecutor needs a conviction to placate a very vociferous but ignorant segment of the population, so anything can happen.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by molleur View Post
    He is not selecting the right words when he answers the cross questions.
    this is why it is rarely a good idea to put a defendant in the witness box
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodad View Post

These are the type of morons who make it tough for those of us who own weapons and have some degree of common sense and good judgement.
    That's for sure. The only sign of any common sense he shows here is his distaste for "thug music".
    gatorbait51 and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by flaguns View Post
    if no, then you two are as clueless as to what took place as everyone else is who wasn't involved.

all that said it doesn't look good for the shooter, possible intoxication and not reporting the shooting are two very big hurdles to overcome, now with all that said he has to be proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and there are many things that create some doubts about this shooting being justifiable.
    with that said, this prosecutor needs a conviction to placate a very vociferous but ignorant segment of the population, so anything can happen.
    Because even his BS Story isn't a very good one. "I thought he had a shotgun or a stick". Assuming that isn't an outright lie...A: we don't shoot people because we think something may possibly happen because they may have a shotgun that we aren't sure isn't just a stick. B: there was no gun and not even a stick. Whatever anyone thinks about the case, he wasnt cut out for the responsibility. Part of carrying a gun is knowing how to carry yourself.

Distinguished Member Array Hodad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flaguns View Post

I wasn't commenting on whether he is guilty or not. My point was conclusions about certain people can be reasonably made based on their behavior.

Let's see: Drinking and driving. idiot. Letting someone's taste in music, no matter how dubious, get him angry. Idiot. Handling a deadly weapon while intoxicated and probably impaired. Idiot. Leaving the scene of the shooting. Idiot!

and last, but not least, Drinking rum and Coke with a Pizza. IDIOT!!

The guy is an idiot and he was out of control!!! Period, end of story.
    "Life is tough but it's really tough if you are stupid"

I was just watching the police interview. He said it was a Taurus 9mm. He should be convicted for that alone.

Just kidding! :)
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

Never heard of this case before today. From what I gather here, some guy was drunk, became angry about some loud music, went to complain, and shot someone. Now, in a move that always equals desperation, his defense counsel has chosen to put him on the stand. Is that an accurate, really brief summary?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Longstreet View Post
    Never heard of this case before today. From what I gather here, some guy was drunk, became angry about some loud music, went to complain, and shot someone. Now, in a move that always equals desperation, his defense counsel has chosen to put him on the stand. Is that an accurate, really brief summary?
    Basically, except it was at a gas station and nobody got out of a car. Not even the guy with the imaginary shotgun that looked like a stick.
    gatorbait51 and sebring like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    Basically, except it was at a gas station and nobody got out of a car. Not even the guy with the imaginary shotgun that looked like a stick.
    So it wasn't at the guy's house and going on for hours? It was for the handful of minutes that he was near them at a gas station? He engaged them over loud music at a gas station?

Now I see why the defense counsel is desperate. Geeeezzzzz.....

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Links