Another victim selection "FAIL"

This is a discussion on Another victim selection "FAIL" within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took place in California. They interviewed a number of typical Sheep, uh, excuse me, I mean ordinary citizens--It can't happen here mentality. [Video] Armed Robbers ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Another victim selection "FAIL"

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar

Another victim selection "FAIL"

Took place in California. They interviewed a number of typical Sheep, uh, excuse me, I mean ordinary citizens--It can't happen here mentality.

[Video] Armed Robbers Choose Wrong Target, Off Duty Cops Shoots 2 of 3 Suspects During Robbery Attempt

Some important lessons here for us I think.........
    mano3 and gatorbait51 like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    Don't you just hate when that happens.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I'd love to hear "Wanda's" comments if the bullets were directed at her. It's so easy to pass judgement when it's not your butt on the line.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    I'd love to hear "Wanda's" comments if the bullets were directed at her. It's so easy to pass judgement when it's not your butt on the line.
    as a good liberal, she would have turned over all her cash, jewelry, and whatever and everything would have been fine... no need for guns to defend herself, just give them what they want and stop trying to hurt them... poor guys just need some money.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by From "Wanda," the head-in-sand bystander who doesn't get it
    “Its’ really a difficult situation, and it definitely raises the question about guns and how we’re handling this. I think we’re becoming a gun-crazy society,” said moviegoer Wanda.
    Yes, predators can be difficult. And about the only way to thwart a predator on the instant one appears is quite simply having the practical, effective means of repelling the predator. All else is fantasy, no matter how many folks call such utopian crap shoots "common-sense legislation."
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Senior Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar
    So we are just suppose to take the officers word that the kids had a gun?

The sedan sped off, and police recovered a handgun a short distance away.

Oh, so they were not as smart as the Loud Music kids in Florida who had the presence of mind to pull into a parking lot and ditch their firearm in a dumpster before seeking medical help.

Only 2 out of 3? More range time...
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

The kind officer was nice enough to only shoot two of the three, thus allowing the third (designated driver) dirtbag to drive them to the hospital...nice shooting.
    OD*, gatorbait51 and gasmitty like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Sounds like Ms. Wanda needs a reality check!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Such is the case with an incident in Houston, TX. Houston Police Department Officer J. Johnson was just leaving the movies with his girlfriend, when a sedan pulled up to them.
    Unless is slept through a major continental drift last night, as of yesterday, Houston was in Texas, not California.

It's a good thing he patronized a theater that did not prohibit CCW. If so, his gun would have been in his car at the time he was leaving the theater & confronted. I go to only 2 or 3 movies a year, but even in those rare occasions, I refuse to go to a theater that prohibits CCW for this very reason.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Asked by a CNN reporter "What do you feel when you shoot a terrorist"?, the Marine sniper simply shrugged & replied "recoil".

Now more than ever, we are at war on our home soil ... WAKE UP & arm our troops when they are on home soil!

Distinguished Member
    Three more dirtbags off the streets - great outcome.

However, this happened in Houston TX not in CA. One has to wonder how it turns out for the shooter if it had happened in CA and it was a 'regular' person with a CCL and not an off-duty LEO.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Wanda sounds dumber than paint and nowhere near as useful.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Scott View Post
    Took place in California. They interviewed a number of typical Sheep, uh, excuse me, I mean ordinary citizens--It can't happen here mentality.

[Video] Armed Robbers Choose Wrong Target, Off Duty Cops Shoots 2 of 3 Suspects During Robbery Attempt

Some important lessons here for us I think.........
    Yes, do not frequent gun-free venues.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    OK, OK, mea culpa it was in Texas. In defense of my poor self I claim late night and sick from Chemo.....oh yeah, I think I had just watched another video of another police incident in Calif.
    RickyD and gatorbait51 like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KimBobTex View Post
    Unless is slept through a major continental drift last night, as of yesterday, Houston was in Texas, not California.

It's a good thing he patronized a theater that did not prohibit CCW. If so, his gun would have been in his car at the time he was leaving the theater & confronted. I go to only 2 or 3 movies a year, but even in those rare occasions, I refuse to go to a theater that prohibits CCW for this very reason.
    As a LEO I don't think the prohibition applies. I don't know of any state that requires active LEO to possess a CHL (or whatever it's called in that state) as long as they are in possession of their credentials.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links