Chandler AZ: Fatal Walmart Shooting

This is a discussion on Chandler AZ: Fatal Walmart Shooting within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Not a whole lot of details, but I hope it's not another case where one person could have simply walked away. Walmart shooting suspect says ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Chandler AZ: Fatal Walmart Shooting

Not a whole lot of details, but I hope it's not another case where one person could have simply walked away.

Walmart shooting suspect says he acted in self-defense
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Well, there is video of the fight, according to the article, so it should be somewhat apparent whether or not he was acting in self-defense.
    gatorbait51 and stylus like this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

We need more details for sure - if the deceased started the physical battery well (which is sounds like is the case and on store video?)
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  “[I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.”

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Badey View Post
    Well, there is video of the fight, according to the article, so it should be somewhat apparent whether or not he was acting in self-defense.
    You mean like in the theater shooting?

I had thought that flight equaled an admission of guilt but the police do not seem to be taking it that way so far. Like to see how this plays out.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I haven't been following the theater shooting for a week or so. Was there video of the altercation?
    gatorbait51 and stylus like this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

I think he is guilty
    Aceoky and oldman45 like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

In most states, if you enter into a physical altercation (mutual battery) with someone else, you cannot claim that you were in fear for your life and shoot them. However, in many states, you can verbally and clearly proclaim to your opponent that you are withdrawing from the altercation and then immediately cease any hostile acts. If the other person continues to commit battery upon you, then you may use deadly force to prevent serious bodily harm.

In this case, the video may or may not be conclusive. If it also has audio, that will help a lot. This supposedly happened at the service counter of a Walmart, so there are likely about 150 witnesses, although not one of them may have made it past the 8th grade (including the employees.) A good investigative team should be able to put together a sequence of events and determine if the shooter had attempted to withdraw from the altercation. If the deceased produced no weapon, it will be critical to the shooter to establish that he was no longer a participant in a mutual battery but rather someone who was solely being battered.
    gatorbait51, Gatling and Hopyard like this.

Self Defense shooting in Arizona Walmart

I'm mobile so I can't post the link (sorry) but just heard on the news that there was a self defense shooting
    in an Arizona Wally World. No, not fighting over .22 ammo hehe...seems they got into an altercation and the guy who was losing pulled a gun and fired. All on tape I believe. Maybe someone on a laptop can post more details?
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

Thanks Longstreet. I didn't see it in active topics.
    Duty is ours, consequences are God's.

- Stonewall Jackson

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    I tried watching the report but lost it at the blonde with no front teeth. My mind froze at that point.
    BlackUncle likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I tried watching the report but lost it at the blonds with no front teeth. My mind froze at that point.
    I made it to the dude that was wearing the borrowed dentures.
    BlackUncle likes this.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black in S. FL.
    Dang! Now I've got to watch it again.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Moderator
    Don't go to bars after 9 PM., and try to stay away from Wally World if at all possible.
    Shooting someone at the service desk in WalMart? This level of 'lost self-control' sounds like a 'road rage incident' where simply engaging is a BIG mistake.
    Apologizing for action not your fault seems simpler to me than going through a court process with an attorney at your side...just walk away.
    Now if someone actually grabs you with intent to do great bodily harm, and you have not tried to fan the flames...then it's time to take action.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links