GOOD: Mom defends home from 3 home invaders

This is a discussion on GOOD: Mom defends home from 3 home invaders within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; CCTV captures moment Detroit mother opens fire on home invaders with rifle | Mail Online Too bad she missed! The idiots picked the wrong house ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: GOOD: Mom defends home from 3 home invaders

VIP Member

GOOD: Mom defends home from 3 home invaders

CCTV captures moment Detroit mother opens fire on home invaders with rifle | Mail Online

Too bad she missed! The idiots picked the wrong house and then tried to enter a 2nd time after the mom had already fired on them!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

2. Remove Ads

Go team! Quick reaction too, maybe 5 seconds?! A great reminder for all of us!

Semper Paratus et Armare
    Student of the Gun; a beginner once, a student for life.

With a Hi-Point carbine "assault rifle".....

just goes to show that scoring an instantly fatal hit isn't necessary in all SD situations. having bullets coming at them can dissuade many armed assailants intending to do you harm.

Wonder why the images of the teens look like plaster casts.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Even after she opened fire the one guy pulled a gun and headed back in it aint over till the fat lady sings.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Hey! Feinstein! Did you read this one?
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Yep, to bad she missed. More range time............
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Just goes to show how quickly you might need to get to your gun. Something else interesting I picked out from the article was about a different break in, the two guys posing as Fedex delivery guys. This is a scary though, because it is something that you might not think twice about opening the door to. On the other hand, if you didn't see a truck, and weren't expecting anything it would be a little suspicious. But, I know I have just looked out and saw it was a fedex guy and just opened the door.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    There are only two times you can have too much ammo,when you are drowning or on fire. - I wish I knew the mans name who said this so I could give him credit!

VIP Member
    Yet another joyful story of Mother and child , the bonding and the caring .. and then there was the winter sporting event, the thug snow run....
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

These thugs who are willing to kick in doors to private homes with a family inside deserve instant justice...lead justice.
    They will do nothing but continue to live a life of crime and terrorize good people...put 'em down, I say.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I'm glad the mom is ok and no one was hurt, but I couldn't help wondering whether most home invasions are actually drug-related. Then I found this article: Home Invasions Often Related To Drugs, Gangs - Sun Sentinel

"The majority of victims have some association with their attackers," said Sgt. George Grosso, with the Palm Beach County Violent Crimes division. "Most of our home invasions are drug-related -- they know where they can get the drugs or the money."

Of course, that's not to say that all home-invasions are drug related, but there's food for thought here. There aren't enough facts in this case to know for sure, but it just seems to fit a pattern.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    what are the chances we'll see this plastered all over national media? about zero because it was justifiable and the video showed bold thugs, even one of them going back in with a weapon. the propaganda media has an agenda of gun control and only obsesses about cases that may be unjustifiable making the rest of responsible gun owners look bad.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

She may have fired the gun but I don't think she intended to actually hit anyone. I believe the punk with the handgun felt that way too as evidenced by his going back inside. Doesn't really matter, she stopped the threat - this time. I wonder if there will be a sequel once they get out? Firearms are desirable loot I would imagine.
    BenGoodLuck and Aceoky like this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Senior Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar
    The mother pulled out a Hi-Point carbine "assault rifle" and one of the teens said "That's not a gun".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links