Teenager with real AK killed in gunfight

This is a discussion on Teenager with real AK killed in gunfight within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We have had a series of posts in the past several months relating to kids with either realistic-looking toy guns OR actual weapons being shot. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Teenager with real AK killed in gunfight

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar

We have had a series of posts in the past several months relating to kids with either realistic-looking toy guns OR actual weapons being shot.

Here is another incident from a quiet Ohio neighborhood, at 7 AM on a quiet Saturday morning. This easily could have been any one of us, going out to get the newspaper or let the dog out/back in. Any time, any where!!

Ohio teen armed with AK-47 killed in shootout with officer
    gatorbait51, mlk18 and Aceoky like this.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

Raise more question then answer this does .. Very odd.. I am assuming it was a normal WSAR more then likly not Full auto.

Also if I am reading it right the cop got shot in the head with e 7.62x39 round and lived must have been one lucky son of a gun ....

Strange times we live in ...

Also as a side note I though this part was darkly funny "When asked where Keeler could have obtained an AK-47, another neighbor said: "No idea. That's not something you just have stored in the closet."
    msgt/ret, gatorbait51 and Aceoky like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    Also as a side note I though this part was darkly funny "When asked where Keeler could have obtained an AK-47, another neighbor said: "No idea. That's not something you just have stored in the closet."
    I know right? Speak for yourself!
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Yikes that's not as far from here as I'd prefer. Glad to read that the cop's all right, even after bringing a pistol to a rifle fight.
    USM1976 and gatorbait51 like this.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    As long as the LEO is OK and this did not become a Sandy Hook kind of thing in that neighborhood (AK and a handgun?), I believe this turned out just fine. If you have misgivings about my comment that is OK too---telling you that I am tired of these scenarios and glad one of them is over before it started.

Criminal past. Keeler had two prior 'run-ins' with the ler.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

It's too bad this guy chose to end his life in this manner. I'm glad the officer was not injured worse.
    USM1976 and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Speculator View Post
    Criminal past. Keeler had two prior 'run-ins' with the ler.
    Being stopped for speeding would be considered a "run-in" for the media.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Raise more question then answer this does .. Very odd.. I am assuming it was a normal WSAR more then likly not Full auto.

Also if I am reading it right the cop got shot in the head with e 7.62x39 round and lived must have been one lucky son of a gun ....

Yeah that really jumped out at me too lol.
    WrongRecroom and TVJ like this.

He was grazed in the head. It says that further down.

Ha I laughed at that part too.
    CC Gun: Springfield XD-S 9mm
    Other: Beretta Neos .22

GOD was with the officer,,,,, could & should have went the other way,
    rifle normally would win against a hand gun,,,,, especially if the rifle user
    is proficient.
    mlk18 and WrongRecroom like this.

Distinguished Member
    There is probably no rational explanation for the yout's behavior. I am very glad the officer was not seriously injured. The fact an "assualt style weapon" was used is fodder for the antis. Not good.
    USM1976 likes this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Distinguished Member
    I would not be surprised to learn the kid had some mental issues. That being said it is a looooong jump to say everyone with "mental issues" (whatever the heck that means) should not be allowed access to arms.There is just no way of knowing which "wingnut" is going to go off and do something horrendous. Anti gunners say the solution is to disarm everyone, even though they know that crooks won't cooperate and there is just no way of putting the "genie" back in the bottle (guns are here to stay, sorry, but that's the irrevocable truth) so their solution is to make us all vulnerable victims to those that choose to stay armed and act illegally.

Pretty stupid mind set based upon a delusion.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    Every dang shooter, especially the mass shooters have had great mental disturbance, yet the propaganda media only focuses on guns. It's a shame the media has an agenda rather than digging for the real truth that needs investigation. Mental cases/medication/treatment etc....
    flintlock62, BurgerBoy and mlk18 like this.

Exactly. While the real problem is the deterioration of society and the mental health issues that result, to pretty much every reporter on the planet it can only possibly be the mechanical device (gun) wielded by some kind of evil magic (from the gun). If there were as many anti-stupid groups as there are anti-gun groups the world might actually become a better place.
    WannabeaCPA likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links