Break-in and near shooting

This is a discussion on Break-in and near shooting within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This story about a break-in and near shooting is running over on reddit right now.... Girl bought a gun Friday and had to nearly use ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By WrongRecroom
  • 3 Post By CommonCents

Thread: Break-in and near shooting

This story about a break-in and near shooting is running over on reddit right now....
    Girl bought a gun Friday and had to nearly use it by the following Monday!

Nearly used new gun within 72 hours of purchase... : Firearms

Wow pretty crazy and very realistic and can happen to anyone, glad she didn't have to shoot and is alright. Great find, thanks!

And this is why I dont like Waiting periods .. In CA she would be in deep water ( 10 day waiting period )

Also I wish more stuff like this would catch on Kentucky: Bill to allow temporary concealed carry for domestic violence victims for making emergency CCW stuff.....

Good artical thanks !
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array Chaplain Scott's Avatar
    Thanks for sharing this. Great reminder. Yep, she should just have shot him--would make finding him a whole lot easier.
    Scott, US Army 1974-2004

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children what it was once like in the United States where men were free.
    - Ronald Reagan

VIP Member
    Glad things worked out for her. I just hope she does some research.

I don't have my CCW just yet, but I'm prettu sure we are an open carry state.
    While IN is an OC state, it is OC WITH permit.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    Could have gone south on her. She did a good job, glad the perp ran off!
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    Glad she's ok. What could have happened to her if she hadn't pulled it? But she had an evil gun and she wasn't raped or killed. Wished she shot him. So he couldn't do this to another woman that's not fortunate to have a firearm
    Gun control isn't about guns...it's about control. It also makes criminals out of otherwise law abiding citzens.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    Yeah, the domestic violence help centers would be good to co-op with self defense/weapons training. The most dangerous time for women in abusive relationships are right when they are leaving(so they'd need some training/help before hand, many women do try and plan ahead) and after they leave when abusers stalk them for revenge. My little sister was murdered right when she was leaving an abusive boyfriend. 911 didn't help.

If you are an instructor or self defense guru and looking for a little charity work, this group really needs you. If you have old cell phones you don't use, you can donate them to domestic abuse shelters where women can use them to dial 911. many of them have to leave w/ nothing but clothes they are wearing.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    And this is why I dont like Waiting periods .. In CA she would be in deep water ( 10 day waiting period )

Also I wish more stuff like this would catch on Kentucky: Bill to allow temporary concealed carry for domestic violence victims for making emergency CCW stuff.....

Good artical thanks !

Glad she is OK since she's already having some issues as it went down let's just hope the police get him off the streets.

Again.............Trouble Doesn't Make An Appointment.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    Look at the pictures of the door, a glaring observation. The cheap ass striker plates. A major false sense of security for renters. I'd definitely insist the landlord put a much more reinforced door frame and striker plates, maybe even a steel frame. She'd have good leverage on the landlord if she mentioned she is getting media requests about the crime. That would keep you much safer and buy you more time to react and more time for the cops to apprehend in progress. Enhanced apartment safety would be a good selling point for landlords as well.

Links