You're at Mickey Dees, three gunmen rush in...

This is a discussion on You're at Mickey Dees, three gunmen rush in... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One grabs a woman at the counter, puts a gun to her head, another jumps the counter... shots are fired. Be a good witness? Story ...

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree610Likes

Thread: You're at Mickey Dees, three gunmen rush in...

One grabs a woman at the counter, puts a gun to her head, another jumps the counter... shots are fired.

Be a good witness?

Story with video here

A lot happens here in a short time frame... how do you respond?
    gatorbait51 and GentlemanJim like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I let them eat a Big Mac and slowly die on the inside. Then I would move to a position of cover (at least concealment) and dial 911. Then I would try to get people out the door, if doing so could get people out safely. The problem with scenario questions is nothing ever goes as planned and you never know what the next step will be till you've tried it. Plus you cannot gauge the reactions of the gunmen in advance.

I guess according to some here I would go all Rambo on them and start shooting without thought of consequences to the innocents present :)
    fredg53 and rigel42 like this.

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    shots fired, hostages? multiple gunmen? an instantly violent and rapidly evolving situation? me and my family are cowering in the corner like good little sheeple, but my hand is on my gun, and the moment those muzzles come our direction....

-trying to find cover or escape, trying to assist others to cover or escape, but staying off those guys' radar is paramount
    -wife tries to dial 911, again, staying off BG's radar.

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    Did you make note where all the exits are when you walked in?

My family knows to get as far away from me as possible in a situation like that. When I act (which will be immediately) I will become the center of attention and they won't want be near me.

My wife may even point at me and scream, "He's got a gun!" as she runs for the door.

Responding to a robbery by being a good witness is one thing.

Responding by relying on hope when you are in a room with an animal that is shooting people is something else.

I'm no hero but I'm not going to lie down and die just so some thug can up his "street cred."
    halem1, hayzor, Aceoky and 10 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar
    My 92 year old mother lived 2 blocks from there for 10-12 years and used to go that McDs for coffee and to read the paper in the morning. She moved away because of all the crime in the neighorborhood.

Good witness, call 911.
    NETim likes this.
    If at first you don't succeed then skydiving definitely isn't for you.

-- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

tag
    In-between bites of fries I'd enter my 4 digit code into my smart watch to unlock my Smart System iP1 .22 cal pistol. Then I'd politely ask them to please stop. If they don't then give a warning shot. If that doesn't work I'd jump and roll to get a shot at the first perp, take a bite out of my quarter pounder and spin to shoot the second. After a swig of my soda I'd finish with a head shot to the third perp.

Then I'd sit back and wait for all the adulations I'd receive from all the victims I just saved.
    YOU are the weapon, your firearm is just a tool!

Quote Originally Posted by tag View Post
    In-between bites of fries I'd enter my 4 digit code into my smart watch to unlock my Smart System iP1 .22 cal pistol. Then I'd politely ask them to please stop. If they don't then give a warning shot. If that doesn't work I'd jump and roll to get a shot at the first perp, take a bite out of my quarter pounder and spin to shoot the second. After a swig of my soda I'd finish with a head shot to the third perp.

Then I'd sit back and wait for all the adulations I'd receive from all the victims I just saved.

Good plan!

That quarter pounder will kill you... later rather than sooner, I guess...
    RETSUPT99 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member Array lionround's Avatar

You've been watching too many "Die Hard" movies. Or maybe Jean Claude Van Damme.
    amendment4 likes this.
    If at first you don't succeed then skydiving definitely isn't for you.

-- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I wouldn't be caught dead there so it wouldn't matter. But when shots are fired, I consider myself at risk of death.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

All battle plans go out the window after the initial engagement. -- General Custer
    Bad Bob, mlk18, Aceoky and 5 others like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Patron Life Member.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I wouldn't be caught dead there so it wouldn't matter. But when shots are fired, I consider myself at risk of death.
    Yep, have a plan to End the threat, then let god sort them out.
    Bad Bob, JDE101, Mike1956 and 3 others like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Quote Originally Posted by jscottjr View Post
    I guess according to some here I would go all Rambo on them and start shooting without thought of consequences to the innocents present :)
    I don't recall anyone saying anything of the sort. What exactly does this attitude or post add to the discussion?
    Aceoky and tacman605 like this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

At McDonald's? Not even on a bet. Can we make it a Chick-fil-a?

Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Links