2 separate defensive incidents in one day (Detroit of course)

This is a discussion on 2 separate defensive incidents in one day (Detroit of course) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Two Detroiters targeted by attackers shot and killed those attackers in separate incidents Saturday. Is it just me, or do these incidents seem to be ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree93Likes

Thread: 2 separate defensive incidents in one day (Detroit of course)

2 separate defensive incidents in one day (Detroit of course)

Two Detroiters targeted by attackers shot and killed those attackers in separate incidents Saturday.

Is it just me, or do these incidents seem to be increasing in frequency as of late?

Intended crime victims shoot, kill attackers in Detroit | News - Home

2. Remove Ads

I think it's been like this for awhile, but people are beginning to get fed up and are arming themselves (correct, long overdue response).

Makes me a bit sad as I'm originally from the area and the decline is horrific.
    gatorbait51 and robhic like this.

I always appreciate stories of citizens defending themselves from criminals. If the media would cover these successful defense stories with a fraction of the vigor they do the overblown media sensationalized anti-gun stories perhaps it would deter some crime.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    I always appreciate stories of citizens defending themselves from criminals. If the media would cover these successful defense stories with a fraction of the vigor they do the overblown media sensationalized anti-gun stories perhaps it would deter some crime.
    exactly, the media is partly complicit in murders and violent crime by not covering justified defenses prominently or at all. If the propaganda media actually gave them coverage they would serve as a deterrent.

I'm glad people are waking up and protecting themselves. We've been duped that nanny state government will protect us. Decentralized self reliance is the solution to many of our problems today, including our own safety.
    Ghost1958 likes this.

One of the dumbest statements I saw in the comments section:
    While I applaud these actions I worry about this....as more thugs get killed they are going to change their method of operation. Instead of just carjacking when they walk up to a victim they will shoot them first without hesitation..... I just don't know if this is the way to go because every action breeds a reaction and lets all face it these thugs who do this kind of stuff have no conscience.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    no kidding! darwin eventually deals with these idiots.
    Ghost1958 and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post

Of course that poster is counting on the fact that a lot of the criminal thug element around the Motor can/will read the stories of their like minded ilk getting capped.

I think the lunatic thugs are gonna do what they are going to do regardless.

Glad people are shooting back, and not getting rapped on the knuckles for doing so.
    It's usually not too gun friendly around the "D".
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    Lions in the wild are opportunistic, they don't think. All the lion knows is it is hungry and needs to eat.
    If possible the lion will seek out the weakest prey.

Violent criminals are not all that different other than the lion is NOT lazy.

The lion does not respect the hunters weapon until it is too late.

After some time and conditioning, the lions know NOT to enter (THAT) village as they notice their friends are not returning with the meat.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I enjoyed watching "Life After People" and always think of it when I see scenes of Detroit. Maybe they film a lot of the scenes there.
    gatorbait51 and PEF like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Such good news to start the day. In honor of the POS losers dying as they should, I'm having 2 extra strips of bacon this morning.

Several local news outlets now reporting (on video) that one of the victims had to put 7 rounds into the BG. Nothing specific on caliber, weapon type or bullet placement, of course. But if true, getting 7 rounds into the target is at least worthy of a pat on the back.

The response to individual attack is individual defense. Armed response is more effective than unarmed response. Submitting to your assailant encourages them. A successful defense discourages the activity.

Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    A successful defense discourages the activity.
    And a properly done successful defense will also prevent any future activity by the newly-minted DOA aggressor.
    -- Robert
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    People everywhere are starting to wake up to reality. Criminals have no respect for anything but themselves and the police aren't always going to be there. So people are starting to take responsibility for protecting themselves.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Some of DaTwa's citizens are definitely stepping up to the plate. The place is a huge toilet just waiting to be flushed, and many of its citizens are reaching for the handle.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links