Had to defend myself last night

This is a discussion on Had to defend myself last night within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I had to defend myself last,my estranged husband broke into the back of the rental house I am renting. I was just in the kitchen ...

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree751Likes

Thread: Had to defend myself last night

I had to defend myself last,my estranged husband broke into the back of the rental house I am renting.
    I was just in the kitchen putting things away and I did not know it at first.
    Held me by my neck with a knife grabbing me.
    I knew what to do since I took a self defense class,kicked him hard in the genitals and ran.
    He was hurting so bad that he could not move for a second.
    Then I ran to the front door going outside with him chasing me with the same knife.
    I felt threatened right away and pulled my .38 S&W out of my left pants pocket turning off the safety pointing it at him.
    He gave up seeing my gun pointed at him.
    Luckily my 13 year old daughter Allison knew what to do without being told,call 911 and the cops came out arresting him.
    Cops said I was in the right feeling threatened.
    So far he is going to be charged with assualt with a deadly weapon and breaking and entering.
    The landlord I am renting from is going to finally install deadbolts in the doors.
    I am proud of myself and my family members say I am like the woman in one Glock commercial on youtube, the "wrong girl" one.
    No one got hurt and that is the main thing.

I'm sorry for the situation your husband put you in. I hope the courts do the right thing and put him away for awhile. I'm glad you didn't have too shoot him. But I hope if he didn't learn his lesson this time. You have the fortitude to protect yourself and family. G-d bless you.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    84160, SteelerFan and Glock1978 like this.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by haileyj1 View Post
    I had to defend myself last,my estranged husband broke into the back of the rental house I am renting.I was just in the kitchen putting things away and I did not know it at first.Held me by my neck with a knife grabbing me.I knew what to do since I took a self defense class,kicked him hard in the genitals and ran.He was hurting so bad that he could not move for a second.Then I ran to the front door going outside with him chasing me with the same knife.I felt threatened right away and pulled my .38 S&W out of my left pants pocket turning off the safety pointing it at him.He gave up seeing my gun pointed at him.Luckily my 13 year old daughter Allison knew what to do without being told,call 911 and the cops came out arresting him.Cops said I was in the right feeling threatened.So far he is going to be charged with assualt with a deadly weapon and breaking and entering.The land lord I am renting from is going to finally install deadbolts in the doors.I am proud of myself and my family members say I am like the woman in one glock commercial on youtube,the wrong girl one.No one got hurt is the main thing.
    Mam not meaning to nit pick but .38 S&W with a safety?

VIP Member
    I am very sorry you had to go though that , but you did real good . I do hope he is put away for awhile but please never let your guard down .

Best to you and your family .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member
    Nicely done! Sorry you and your daughter had to go through that. I'm pretty certain I would have shot him as soon as I turned around but - lots of red tape there.

One thing to keep in mind though is that a bad guy with a knife within 21 feet = you're gonna get cut. That is even if you have a gun. If he gets that close it's time to open fire. For you sake and that of your daughter.
    bigpapa likes this.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    That's what I thought too, but hey, I'm just a guy.

If he had the guts to break into your place like that, a court order will probably mean nothing to him.
    Hopefully he'll get some serious jail time out of this...
    Keep your gun handy, and strengthen your SA...trouble could be coming to a neighborhood 'near' you real soon.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Yeah, that jumped off the page at me, too.
    PAcanis, Fizban, Hoganbeg and 5 others like this.

Yeah.......safety on your 38 S&W .....Hmmmm.....how credible is this ?

VIP Member
    Pretty sure I don't have to check all mine to not find any safeties....
    matdicdad, CIBMike and Sister like this.

I should make a revision,it was ready to fire.My daughter heard it,she was in her room making her bed and found my cell phone calling 911.This is the commercial my family is talking about
    Aceoky, tns0038 and mano3 like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by haileyj1 View Post
    I had to defend myself last,my estranged husband broke into the back of the rental house I am renting.I was just in the kitchen putting things away and I did not know it at first.Held me by my neck with a knife grabbing me.I knew what to do since I took a self defense class,kicked him hard in the genitals and ran.He was hurting so bad that he could not move for a second.Then I ran to the front door going outside with him chasing me with the same knife.I felt threatened right away and pulled my .38 S&W out of my left pants pocket turning off the safety pointing it at him.He gave up seeing my gun pointed at him.Luckily my 13 year old daughter Allison knew what to do without being told,call 911 and the cops came out arresting him.Cops said I was in the right feeling threatened.So far he is going to be charged with assualt with a deadly weapon and breaking and entering.The land lord I am renting from is going to finally install deadbolts in the doors.I am proud of myself and my family members say I am like the woman in one glock commercial on youtube,the wrong girl one.No one got hurt is the main thing.
    Excuse me, but I find this post very confusing. Not only "a Smith and Wesson 38 with a safety"..........
    But also a mother running outside, leaving her 13 year old daughter in the house.........but if the ex was chasing, that could be understandable.....
    And also the police coming so fast in response to a 911 call that they were able to arrest him while he was still there........

I know it is very difficult to get details correct when you are still very upset. Perhaps I didn't read it right?
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================

Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Senior Member Array kahrcarrier's Avatar
    Possibly a .Smith & Wesson .380 Bodyguard is the gun in question?

That it was a "revolver" is never mentioned. .380 and .38 can be confused.
    CIBMike likes this.

Senior Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar
    Sounds like an old .38 S&W Hammerless top-break with a grip safety.
    CIBMike likes this.

Safety on a 38 S&W Never saw one of them. maybe meant cocking the gun.
    blitzburgh and Sister like this.

Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast

Links