Carjacking- Live on TV!

Carjacking- Live on TV!

This is a discussion on Carjacking- Live on TV! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You are driving to work when, out of nowhere, another vehicle side swipes your car. You come to a stop, and slightly dazed, you notice ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Carjacking- Live on TV!

Senior Member Array WebleyHunter's Avatar

Carjacking- Live on TV!

You are driving to work when, out of nowhere, another vehicle side swipes your car. You come to a stop, and slightly dazed, you notice the man from the other vehicle running towards your car screaming obscenities. Unfortunately, out of habit, you had put your car in "Park", which unlocks the doors...

What do you do?

Watch the video from this morning's excitement in metro Denver-

Web Extra: Copter4 Video Shows Dramatic Moments From Car Chase CBS Denver

A rough tally for the suspect is:

1 x Successful Grand Theft Auto (with 4 year old inside)- Initial crime outside of convenience store. Mom left car unlocked and running with kid in car seat to get some coffee.

2 x Successful Carjacking- It would not have surprised me if he would have gotten shot during these activities.

1 x Attempted Carjacking after crash (just before capture)- Police are RIGHT there. He is VERY desperate.

CO Highway patrolman in surgery this morning after being struck (serious condition)

If/when I ever get car jacked, I hope (pray?) that it's televised, live, via closed-circuit in the car of...the nearest LEO.

As for "what would you do?", I'll bet that anyone running toward my (unlocked) car door yelling obscenities at me after a collision would soon be staring down the business end of a major caliber handgun.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    Somebody's played "Grand Theft Auto" a few too many times.
    sdgull and tdave like this.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    I laughed as he was turning right off bottom of an exit ramp and 3 cops were turning left ON to the free way and didn't see him.
    NONAME762, hienykins and tdave like this.

Distinguished Member
    Another example from the shallow gene pool!
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    Why is it that when stuff like this happens there is never a K-9 unit available for the foot chase. This guy needed a much harder take down than what he got.

Mom is an idiot for leaving the kid in a car with the engine running.

Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are cunning and you sleep with your mouth open.

I was laughing at this to, another reason why I want my wife to carry. that poor women must have had her door unlocked cause he just opened it up and tossed her out. As soon as he would have been bumping the back of my car, I would have had had the .45 ready. My door would have been locked like it always is. People lock your doors, carry always, and have good SA.
    bigpapa likes this.

I'm glad this dog (Sorry Fido) is off the streets. I know better than to think he's the only one out there. You did notice he picked females each time? I bet if you could check with GF slapping around is his version of good times.

The Perp needed a .40 between the eyes if you ask me !!!
    welder516 and cds0699 like this.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

Senior Member Array WebleyHunter's Avatar
    Couple of additional points:

1. He is a good driver. His control and maneuver of normal "family cars" as such speed is impressive. Maybe its just luck, but he might have some significant experience at high speed driving.

2. When LE knew that he was the only one in the vehicle (gold minivan), I am surprised they did not just open-up on him to stop the whole thing right there.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by RemMod597 View Post
    Mom is an idiot for leaving the kid in a car with the engine running.
    And for not having her doors locked.
    oneshot and RemMod597 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirling XD View Post
    Why is it that when stuff like this happens there is never a K-9 unit available for the foot chase. This guy needed a much harder take down than what he got.

^^^YEP^^^^^
    I'm sorry, I think if I'd been the officer by the fence, I'd have asked the helo to turn the camera off so I could pop the loser for all that he put everyone through

He deserved a royal beat down
    NONAME762 likes this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

VIP Member
    I wanted so bad for a police dog to be cut loose once the foot chase was going . It would have been a full circle aprehension . Then after the dog makes contact then the cops can just Mosey on over .
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Another reason why I will never buy a car that does not have auto locks. That's a must-have security feature.
    ShooterGranny and bigpapa like this.
    Operation Joint Endeavor, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1995-96)
    SFOR, Stabilization Force, Bosnia and Herzegovina, US Army, 1st Armored Div (1997-98)
    Operation Iraqi Freedom, Iraq, US Army, 3rd Infantry Div (2007-08)
    Operation Enduring Freedom, Horn of Africa, US Army (2010)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links