A Fine Mess

This is a discussion on A Fine Mess within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good story. Thanks for sharing. It helps we read thru these incidents, learn and learn to think thru what we should do. Hopefully , this ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Fine Mess

Lead Moderator
    Good story. Thanks for sharing. It helps we read thru these incidents, learn and learn to think thru what we should do. Hopefully , this story will help all the members to consider more situations than before. Thanks again .
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

2. Remove Ads

Great story, thanks. I wish my paper guy could me my paper before 6 everyday.....
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
    General George Patton

Great story, made me think a lot as I live in a rural area and the same thing could have happened to me just as easily.

In your defence we get our paper out here before we leave for work at 6:00 a.m. so he starts delivering about 2:00 a.m. so that is common in a lot of places. As for following him, well out here that would not at all be un common either. We are a rural area and there are only a few county deputies for a county as big as some small states so many times you as a landowner and concerned citizen do have to take maters in to your own hands more than you might in other areas of the country. Not saying its safe but it is what happens out here.

Glad nobody was hurt and glad you shared it with us.

One thing I would say is that this should be a lesson to those who say that they are ALWAYS going to shoot if they ever pull out their gun! Yes, you should always be ready to shoot, and you shouldn't pull out your gun unless you feel shooting is justified, but you never really know what's going to happen until it does. You always have to be ready to react to what DOES happen, and not just blindly decide that "my gun is in my hand and so I'm going to shoot somebody!"

Thank God everything worked out okay for you, cloudy.

Great post! Thanks for sharing.

I can relate... living here in northern Michigan, it is common for us not to lock our doors, or leave our keys in the cars (Both habits I have had to break since joining this forum). 3 years ago, my car was broken into in my driveway. I have had my vehicle broken into a few times before (before I left the big city) but it was always while it was parked somewhere other than my home.

I can say that I felt very similar to you , in that I did not sleep well for a long time after that. A little paranoid perhaps.... I would find myself going to check our vehicles several time throughout the night.

I glad to say, it doesn't haunt me any longer... at least not like it did. Now that I have my CPL, I'm also glad to read some wise thoughts on a porper course of action should something like this happen again.

Thanks for posting your story, and helping us learn form the discussion.
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links