An unlikely request.

This is a discussion on An unlikely request. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Maybe classes in self defense might be the best way. Is there a contact you can get to come either to train instructors or atleast ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An unlikely request.

Lead Moderator
    Maybe classes in self defense might be the best way. Is there a contact you can get to come either to train instructors or atleast give a class?
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by rocky View Post
    Maybe classes in self defense might be the best way. Is there a contact you can get to come either to train instructors or atleast give a class?
    Rock, good suggestion. This is a support group, but I'm sure they know of someone or someplace that would offer those classes.

NRA's "refuse to be a victim" webpage has an 1-800 number and an email at the very bottom. Link:

http://www.nrahq.org/rtbav/

I always thought that a rape was one of power or to contol there victim and not about the sex really.
    Well, I'm gonna be a criminology student here for a minute (read, know it all college kid). There are threee main types of rapists, ones that do it for power, ones that do it out of anger, and ones who are genuine sadists, and do it out of both for sexual gratification (these are not common at all). Statutory rapes and date rapes tend to fall into the power category, and don't tend to really be about sex either.

Obviously this happens to men too, just not as often and they are less likely to talk about it.
    In Ohio rape used to be defined as "Carnal knowledge of a woman without consent", and it was not until a decade or two ago that rape was changed to include men, although it certainly did happen before that. A lot of states are changing the way rape is defined, and some now using the terminology "sexual assault" because it then encompasses people of both sexes and emphasises the fact that it tends to be a violent crime, and most sheeple associate rape as a sex crime, which it really isn't. Rape shield laws have also been developed in many states to help protect the victims, by not letting the defense use previous sexual history against them, and things like the not wearing underwear would probably be covered by them too. Also worth noting, rape is the most under-reported violent crime, for a variety of reasons. And at least in Ohio, consent can not be given while intoxicated.

Sorry about all that info, just thought that it was something that others might like to know. Now that I am done with my college-kid spiel, I am a fan of instant justice. Self defense training is also a good idea, OSU has free courses for female students in it actually, I have a couple of female friends who were not treated well in their pasts and took them, and it helped them.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Administrator
    I have one worthwhile suggestion & that would be for the rape victim to treat the condom package (if left behind at the scene) as critical evidence and very carefully bag it (without touching it) as it may have possible fingerprint evidence.

Also important to remember that DNA extraction has advanced to such an incredible degree that only the smallest trace sample of tissue, hair, saliva, sweat, and/or other bodily fluids or skin cells are needed to get a useable DNA profile.
    Somehow...find a way to take advantage of that advance in DNA technology and try to get some sort of a DNA sample (anything) that can help to tie the rapist to the actual location and crime.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

"College kid'",

I don't mind There's alot of myths out there.

Back to the condom. I wanted to ask this question in the group , but at that same time I knew it wouldn't have been beneficial. When one lady shared how her attacker put it on, I was thinking to myself, ok so he had only use of one hand, did you try to use that to your advantage? BUT I know how I get with questions, I take them personally and internalize them.
    Last edited by ms.k; December 29th, 2006 at 09:29 PM. Reason: ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links