Daughter taken from her bedroom...

This is a discussion on Daughter taken from her bedroom... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You and your wife are just drifting off to sleep when you hear screaming coming from your daughter's bedroom. You clear your head and rush ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Daughter taken from her bedroom...

Daughter taken from her bedroom...

You and your wife are just drifting off to sleep when you hear screaming coming from your daughter's bedroom. You clear your head and rush into her room to find the window open and nobody insight. You run out the backdoor into your yard and see:

1. Nothing. Both perp and daughter are not visible and no noise can be heard.

OR

2. Perp and daughter struggling in alley- trying to carry her off or force her into car.

OR

3. Daughter coming from the ally, perp running away...

John Snorsky pleads not guilty to home-intrusion kidnapping in Aurora - 7NEWS Denver TheDenverChannel.com

Luckily, this third scenario occurred, but it just as easily could have been 1 or 2.

- Given the scenarios, what would you have done?
    - Would you have armed yourself at any point?
    - Would you have pursued and/or engaged the perp?

Thanks for your input!

Hunter
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    If he got off on a technicality, He would be visited by my friends Bruno and Vito.
    They do not like child molesters.
    If found guilty, he would meet the same in prison.
    These individuals need to be wiped from the face of the earth.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

If it was my daughter, I wouldn't need a gun to deal with that fella when I caught him....

VIP Member
    I would let the legal system work thru this issue . because everyone makes mistakes . Yeah thats it .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

If
    1. Dont touch anything .. leave it as is .. Call the cops and wait and pray
    2. I would douse them both in the hottest OC spray I can find ... I dont think personal I would risk a shot with a struggle .. Better to OC them both and pull her off him and go from there
    3. Unless he was coming back for her or going for weapon I would try to take photo/video but let him go.. Tend not to be go to chanse someone down and shot them in the back ...

Of course most of us would have the complete joking answer of " what cops I have a shovel and lye and a very dull knifehandy " but that is all in jest
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WrongRecroom View Post
    If
    1. Dont touch anything .. leave it as is .. Call the cops and wait and pray
    2. I would douse them both in the hottest OC spray I can find ... I dont think personal I would risk a shot with a struggle .. Better to OC them both and pull her off him and go from there
    3. Unless he was coming back for her or going for weapon I would try to take photo/video but let him go.. Tend not to be go to chanse someone down and shot them in the back ...

Of course most of us would have the complete joking answer of " what cops I have a shovel and lye and a very dull knifehandy " but that is all in jest
    great answer Wrec. gonna need some serious where-with-all in the time of crisis to grab your OC or your camera for options 2 & 3, but smart answers none-the-less.

my solution is bars overthe windows. fortunately i am a welder and was able to fabricate my own gates. the ones in rooms where someone could get trapped in a fire have a nifty through-the-wall quick release mechanism i dreamed up. my house is old and doesn't have nice dig dorm windows...my wife wishes it did, i'm glad i don't have to protect that much opening.

this is definately a scenario that reaffirms that carbines are superior to shotguns for home defense(assuming the ability to use them is there). if some guy was stuffing a kid into a car i could see taking a shot with a trusted rifle... but with a shotty...

i wonder if the smart thing to do would be go for your car, follow the guy. run him off the road. anything. don't lose sight of them!!
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    !. Call 911
    2. I'd be all over him--armed or not.
    3. Call 911 with every detail I could recall. I wouldn't chase him as I'm to slow to catch a cold.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Nada. Nothing. Zip. She should have been armed.
    But seriously, are we expecting any but the more obvious answers??
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

I had a long reply, upon reflection, if i ever had such an instance, my reply might be used against me in court as premeditation.

So. I call the cops. in all situations, as im a peace loveing individual who loves all of mankind. I love my rose colored glasses.
    gatorbait51 and DingBat like this.
    weekend pre-apocolypse nomadic warrior, leather duster and all.

To everyone who didn't reply, chase the MF down and beat him to death in all three scenarios... do you actually have a daughter?

I do...

VIP Member
    The first thing I'd do is get my wife and find out when the heck I had a daughter
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG View Post
    To everyone who didn't reply, chase the MF down and beat him to death in all three scenarios... do you actually have a daughter?

I do...
    I have two. The BG has a bad day . #1 has a KaBar and S&W goodness. # 2 has 2 XDS in .45 ACP.
    Bad Bob and DingBat like this.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

My daughter likes AK's and swords.... wrong room to go into.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyHunter View Post
    - Would you have armed yourself at any point?
    - Would you have pursued and/or engaged the perp?
    1. Seriously? Hell YES I'd have armed myself. If not already armed. Which is pretty much all the time unless in bed then its on nightstand.

2. Again. He'll YES!

"I miss America"
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    The first thing I'd do is get my wife and find out when the heck I had a daughter
    I'd be hunting for the wife I didn't know I had with the daughter I wasn't aware of.
    TX expat, DingBat and gatorbait51 like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links