Middle of the night visitor? - Page 2

Middle of the night visitor?

This is a discussion on Middle of the night visitor? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The only thing I would have to criticize about what you did was announcing that you have a gun through the door. I had a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Middle of the night visitor?

The only thing I would have to criticize about what you did was announcing that you have a gun through the door. I had a simmilar situation a few yrs. back, late night knock on the front door. Here it was a leo asking if I had called an ambulance. As it turns out the ambulance call was 4 houses down. Even though late night knocks almost never happen to me, the two times that it has once was the situation above and the other was someone wanting to call police because they had struck a deer. I also always answer the door with a pistol in hand or close by, but in my opinion announcing that you have a gun before you know the persons intentions is trouble waiting to happen. my2cents thanks

Consider yourself flamed, "Now I am sure I will get flamed for ever opening the door". I would not have opened the door. I would not have put myself in close proximity to this guy. If you don't have a means of seeing who is at your door consider putting in a peep hole at least. The most help I would have offered would be to call police to come and help him. You were getting too many bad signals from this guy to be that helpful and to get that close to him. You disreguarded those signals and keep opening doors. You also didn't know if he had an accomplice or two waiting in the dark. I think you needlessly put the lives of your family members at risk with some of your actions but thankfully it all turned out well in the end.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Glad it turned out well. Id have to say that i wouldnt have ventured outside neither.

Did you turn on a light outside? You could install some motion lights if you dont.

If you dont have a fence, maybe a dog in a fenced in area or kennel near the house would help.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links