Good CHL Outcome

This is a discussion on Good CHL Outcome within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; It is nice to see a positive story and outcome of an incident involving a fellow CHL holder, this is a story on WFAA.com in ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By gdolson
  • 1 Post By RickyD
  • 1 Post By archer51

Thread: Good CHL Outcome

Good CHL Outcome

It is nice to see a positive story and outcome of an incident involving a fellow CHL holder, this is a story on WFAA.com in Dallas:

Chance encounter with CHL holder saves Frisco woman from robber | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth
    Parrisk and gatorbait51 like this.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    It sounds like they got a little lucky - training did not get them out of the situation.

Still, it is a positive story and paints a good CC picture. Too bad this story will never get picked up by a national news outlet - it isn't sensational enough.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

True. Your comment about getting lucky got me wondering just how many situations like this, whether carrying or not, trained or not actually end up being "they got lucky". (probably 100%).

VIP Member
    "As I’m about to walk out of the house, something just told me, 'You might want to carry the gun tonight,'" the witness said.

Never in the three years she’s been licensed had she ever carried it with her, until Saturday night.

"That is amazing. I think there is something about women’s intuition! I really do!" Lanphere said.

And it stopped a robbery and helped keep them safe Saturday.

Officers later determined Koroma was carrying a BB gun. He is facing aggravated robbery charges.

The witness said she'd be carrying her concealed handgun a bit more regularly after last Saturday.
    Well hopefully she learned a lesson, but something tells me she didn't. Just carrying "a bit more regularly". She needs to get her head on straight and carry ALL the time. Anyone want to bet she had an empty chamber?
    gdolson likes this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

Not me Bubba. Her intuition told her to carry that evening. Too bad as Archer51 said she still doesn't get it. Still I am glad she was able to somewhat thwart an armed robbery. IIRC displaying what appears to be a firearm to intimidate a victim still adds 5 years to the other charges. IDK how fast/slow the Texas justice system is but that ladies cash will be tied up as evidence for a long time before she gets it back.(From the police.)
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Links