CPL holder stops lunatic with dirty syringe on stabbing spree

This is a discussion on CPL holder stops lunatic with dirty syringe on stabbing spree within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Roseville police said a 26-year-old man who was stopped on suspicion of shoplifting at Home Depot store stabbed a loss prevention worker with a dirty ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: CPL holder stops lunatic with dirty syringe on stabbing spree

CPL holder stops lunatic with dirty syringe on stabbing spree

Roseville police said a 26-year-old man who was stopped on suspicion of shoplifting at Home Depot store stabbed a loss prevention worker with a dirty syringe.

The incident happened Monday evening at the store on 13 Mile Road near Little Mack Avenue.

Police said the suspect became violent when two workers stopped him and "pulled a concealed syringe from his jacket and using the syringe as a weapon began to swing it about in a slashing motion."

One of the workers was stabbed several times with the "contaminated needle," police said.

A customer, who had a concealed pistol license, was in the store saw what was happening.

Police said the customer pulled his weapon on the suspect and ordered him to drop the syringe.

Story here
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...-dirty-syringe

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

What with all the different deadly bugs out there that can be transmitted through the use of dirty needles the perp is lucky he didn't get a one way ticket to boot hill.
    gatorbait51 and tdave like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Ex Member
    Man you just wouldn't know what that was contaminated with. The fact that he CARRIES a old syringe gives you a pretty good idea.

Justifiable reason to shoot if I'm on your jury.
    RickyD, Parrisk, oneshot and 9 others like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

VIP Member
    Oddly enough, the thought of contracting some kind of life altering disease in this way scares me more than a BG with a gun.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Good on the CPL holder. That's a good result to an intervention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks DetChris
    gatorbait51 and DontTreadOnI like this.

In case any dont know, that could have been a perfectly sterile syringe and needle...and it would have still killed you, if he injected air into you.

Im ready for our tax dollars to fund some mental hospitals again, and start filling them up with these headline making nuts.

With IV drug users then HIV and Hep-C are huge concerns. Hep-C can live a long time on the outside of a dirty needle.
    Parrisk, gatorbait51 and msgt/ret like this.

Distinguished Member
    Certainly a situation that justified a draw. The CCer appears to have played it well - he broke off the attack, held the assailant at bay until police arrived and had the presence of mind not to shoot the assailant as he tried to run away. Well done IMHO.

What I found particularly interesting is the feedback in the comments section of the website. There aren't too may comments, but what is there strongly favors the CCer. I find this particularly refreshing. Of course it could change over time, but I am happy to see that the general population supports the CCer in this one and sees the benefit of carrying.

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Oddly enough, the thought of contracting some kind of life altering disease in this way scares me more than a BG with a gun.

The VAST majority of gun shot wounds you will survive BUT a junkie, and who else carries a needle, you have AIDS, Hepatitis and Lord knows what else. That you DON'T heal from.

Quote Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
    Thanks DetChris
    And Mike1956...
    gatorbait51 and BurgerBoy like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    And Mike1956...
    Oooooh...my bad. Thank you Mr. MIKE
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyD View Post
    Certainly a situation that justified a draw. The CCer appears to have played it well - he broke off the attack, held the assailant at bay until police arrived and had the presence of mind not to shoot the assailant as he tried to run away. Well done IMHO.

What I found particularly interesting is the feedback in the comments section of the website. There aren't too may comments, but what is there strongly favors the CCer. I find this particularly refreshing. Of course it could change over time, but I am happy to see that the general population supports the CCer in this one and sees the benefit of carrying.
    I've noticed in most news accounts of these events, the comments are overwhelmingly in favor of the good guys. Only the " he's my brother and he's my cousin, and he's basically a good guy comments are few.
    gatorbait51 and RickyD like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links