What would you do?

What would you do?

This is a discussion on What would you do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Two weeks ago you were at a bar for a party for the workers of a construction company that had just finished a road construction ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: What would you do?

What would you do?

Two weeks ago you were at a bar for a party for the workers of a construction company that had just finished a road construction project that was built 20 miles outside of town. You are the job superintendent for the entire project. (everyones boss) While at the bar (you are not carrying, but you do have a pistol in your pickup) an employee that you fired a few months ago comes up to you and demands a drink. You buy him a drink. He slams it and demands another drink. You buy him another drink. He slams it and demands another drink. You then beat the hell out of him in the bar. Cops come, and lucky for you a local rancher that you bought all the aggregate materials from for the project (who must have had something on the local police) tells the police that you are a good guy, the other guy deserved it and they let you go. The local guy you fired, and beat up, is yelling threats about killing you and getting even.

Two weeks later you are moving to another state for a different construction project. You are driving your pickup, pulling a trailer with your wifes car on it. In the front seat of your regular cab pickup is you, your 3 month old son, and your wife. Under the seat of your pickup is a Ruger Vaquero .45 long colt, and a Ruger P94 .40. You need gas and your wife is hungry. You stop in the town that you beat the hell out of the guy two weeks ago. (25,000 pop.) You pull into the gas station that has a Burger King next door, so your wife can walk over and get some food while you, and your 3 month old son strapped in his car seat in the middle of the pickup, fill up with gas.

Your wife walks off to Burger King and you proceed to fill up with gas. A car pulls into the same pump, but on the other side. You turn around to look at the driver and it is the guy you beat up two weeks ago. You recognize each other at the same time as he is getting out of his car. He briskly steps around the gas pump to your side and is within 10 feet of you with a knife in his hand at his side.

What did you do?

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Tell him to drop the knife, if not, shoot. A guy within 10 feet of me with a knife that threatened to kill me is going to get shot if the knife doesn't hit the pavement.

Now with that being said, I would not be in that situation. Why? I don't hang out at bars with my employees. I don't buy drinks for a person I fired. I don't beat up drunks that are morons.

Point the gas pump at him and smile

I would spray him with gas immediately. He has threatened to kill me and has a knife in hand and is approaching me.
    Goldy49 likes this.

Beat him again and stick the knife up his rectum.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    I would threaten to turn him in for not signing up for obamacare.

I always gas up with my weak hand. Reluctantly spray him with the overly expensive gas as I draw. Cant afford to pay for much gas so just enough to surprise him. What happens after that is up to him.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Beat him again and stick the knife up his rectum.
    Really? I'd have never thought. I wouldn't buy him more than one drink--if that, period. What says I owe him anyhow? I'm in the dose-him-with-gas-and-ask-him-for-a-match camp.
    NONAME762 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Rectum damn near killed him .

I am not dealing with fired employees no need to buy him a drink . If the person comes at you with an open knife and with verbal threats very good chance i am pulling the trigger .

Because my wife will be coming back soon and would not want her tangled in this mess .
    boomer77 likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NOPLCLKNEB View Post
    Two weeks ago you were at a bar for a party for the workers of a construction company that had just finished a road construction project that was built 20 miles outside of town. You are the job superintendent for the entire project. (everyones boss) While at the bar (you are not carrying, but you do have a pistol in your pickup) an employee that you fired a few months ago comes up to you and demands a drink. You buy him a drink. He slams it and demands another drink. You buy him another drink. He slams it and demands another drink. You then beat the hell out of him in the bar. Cops come, and lucky for you a local rancher that you bought all the aggregate materials from for the project (who must have had something on the local police) tells the police that you are a good guy, the other guy deserved it and they let you go. The local guy you fired, and beat up, is yelling threats about killing you and getting even.

Two weeks later you are moving to another state for a different construction project. You are driving your pickup, pulling a trailer with your wifes car on it. In the front seat of your regular cab pickup is you, your 3 month old son, and your wife. Under the seat of your pickup is a Ruger Vaquero .45 long colt, and a Ruger P94 .40. You need gas and your wife is hungry. You stop in the town that you beat the hell out of the guy two weeks ago. (25,000 pop.) You pull into the gas station that has a Burger King next door, so your wife can walk over and get some food while you, and your 3 month old son strapped in his car seat in the middle of the pickup, fill up with gas.

Your wife walks off to Burger King and you proceed to fill up with gas. A car pulls into the same pump, but on the other side. You turn around to look at the driver and it is the guy you beat up two weeks ago. You recognize each other at the same time as he is getting out of his car. He briskly steps around the gas pump to your side and is within 10 feet of you with a knife in his hand at his side.

What did you do?

Wish I hadn't been such a fool to beat up the guy because he was demanding drinks, and then I would defend myself like my life depended on it.
    357and40 likes this.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

I had almost did that to transient bothering me at a gas station once, He didn't have a weapon but man he was belligerent asking for money.
    "A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves !"
    Edwards R. Murrow

VIP Member
    Why would I buy him a drink?
    PEF and Madcap_Magician like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I fire a guy. Buy him a bunch of drinks. Then beat the hell out of him?

Where do you people come up with this stuff?
    PEF, firerat, 357and40 and 7 others like this.

I grab my 3 month old and throw him at the guy as hard as I can, while he is distracted with my kid I beat feet to the BK tell my wife that the baby is crying and wants her order a whopper my way then call my girlfriend and tell her that if we are lucky we will soon be together spending tons of life insurance money.
    mr.stuart and bugboy like this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    I grab my 3 month old and throw him at the guy as hard as I can, while he is distracted with my kid I beat feet to the BK tell my wife that the baby is crying and wants her order a whopper my way then call my girlfriend and tell that if we are lucky we will soon be together spending tons of life insurance money.
    Just remember when throwing your 3 month old make sure to throw by the legs to get more momentum.
    Rabbit212 likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links