When Seconds Count....

This is a discussion on When Seconds Count.... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We have all heard the statement that when seconds count, the police are only minutes away. Sadly those minutes can be your last. Denver Woman's ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree116Likes

Thread: When Seconds Count....

When Seconds Count....

We have all heard the statement that when seconds count, the police are only minutes away. Sadly those minutes can be your last.

Denver Woman's 13-Minute-Long 911 Call Ends With Fatal Gunshot - NBC News

A Denver woman who spent nearly 15 frantic minutes on the phone with a 911 dispatcher was killed Monday night by a bullet to the head before help arrived.

The gunshot was the last sound 911 dispatchers heard on their call with Kristine Kirk, 44, which lasted for approximately 12 to 13 minutes, said Denver police officer Raquel Lopez.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Train like your life depends on it, because it does.

NRA Life Member

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    When seconds count, order Jimmy Johns.

Quote Originally Posted by outwestsystems View Post
    when seconds count, order jimmy johns.
    freaky fast
    You have until 6:00 to leave town.

Break your gun on a stump!

Man, that's rough!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Some people really believe the police will be there to help. It is sad that this women lost her life to that belief....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

I've never heard of anybody hallucinating from weed. I think this crazy dude was experimenting with the hard stuff.

What a shame. My prayers go to the children, who now have no parents. May God bless them, help them get through this, and watch over them.
    OO7, DingBat, Secret Spuk and 3 others like this.

the person with the greatest responsibility to protect me... is me.
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OutWestSystems View Post
    When seconds count, order Jimmy Johns.
    that's all you got OutWest...? few days ago I made a joke about Colo Pot laws... on the hockey texting thread? and you got all twisted... well, fellow Coloradoan? Nothing insightful to say about this event highlighting both our screwy new drug laws, and our shrinking gun rights...?
    Usually you have some fairly insightful things to add... or ripping on me for making a joke...

and now this is all you got about a serious matter in our own back yard...?

I think this is horrible and i am struggling with exactly how i feel, but a quip is not it.

Sorry to pick on you, just....
    rutcrazed likes this.
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

• Have practical means of withstanding predation, and have some capacity of surviving until help arrives to assist in cleaning up the mess.
    • Fail to have practical means of withstanding predation, and fail to have capacity of surviving until help arrives.

Pick one.

'Cause one choice is all you're going to get.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array DingBat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    • Have practical means of withstanding predation, and have some capacity of surviving until help arrives to assist in cleaning up the mess.
    • Fail to have practical means of withstanding predation, and fail to have capacity of surviving until help arrives.

Pick one.

'Cause one choice is all you're going to get.
    wow. good job man. you basically just boiled the entire 2A argument down to two simple choices, BRAVO!
    gatorbait51 and Recon1342 like this.
    Beans, Bullets, and Bandages. The only thing better than being ready is not having to use it!

"I'm from the IRS (BLM, NSA, FBI, CIA, SSA, JD, pick your favorite) & I'm here to help you."
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

No one hallucinates from pot... it only robs your spelling skills.

I don't know how you would prepare for this kind of incident. Even if the wife was trained and knew how to shoot, I read another article that said she screamed when her husband retrieved a gun from the safe. It sounds like all this happened inside the house with all the weapons locked up. I guess the moral of the story is don't mess around with drugs, and if someone does and starts having hallucinations get the heck out of the house and call the cops from somewhere else, but for God's sake don't wait around to get shot!

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    • have practical means of withstanding predation, and have some capacity of surviving until help arrives to assist in cleaning up the mess.
    • fail to have practical means of withstanding predation, and fail to have capacity of surviving until help arrives.

exactly!

pick one.

'cause one choice is all you're going to get.
    exactly!
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DingBat View Post
    that's all you got OutWest...? few days ago I made a joke about Colo Pot laws... on the hockey texting thread? and you got all twisted... well, fellow Coloradoan? Nothing insightful to say about this event highlighting both our screwy new drug laws, and our shrinking gun rights...?
    Usually you have some fairly insightful things to add... or ripping on me for making a joke...

and now this is all you got about a serious matter in our own back yard...?

I think this is horrible and i am struggling with exactly how i feel, but a quip is not it.

Sorry to pick on you, just....
    I am feeling a bit morose today so it was better than what I really wanted to say, but since you brought it up I will say it.

We are each responsibility for our own safety, expecting someone else to do it for you is a good way to end up dead and that is exactly what happened here. Instead of her learning to ensure her own safety she expected the government to do it for her, so she waited on the phone until she died. Is it sad? Sure it is, it is very sad when people don't take personal responsibility.

Feel better now?
    gatorbait51, Brad426 and oldnfat like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links