Good Samaritan helps cop in NV

This is a discussion on Good Samaritan helps cop in NV within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I live in NV and I didn't hear about this story. Cop being assaulted by suspect and suspect ends up on top of cop trying ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Good Samaritan helps cop in NV

I live in NV and I didn't hear about this story. Cop being assaulted by suspect and suspect ends up on top of cop trying to grab his holstered firearm, Samaritan grabs suspect pulls him off.

Read full story:

Good Samaritan takes down suspect during attack on Nev. cop

What would you all do if you see such a situation going on?

If I saw a LEO on the ground who was clearly physically outmatched and no help in sight... I would help him tilt the odds to the degree that he gains control of the situation... then I get the heck out of the way.
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

Distinguished Member
    that was a very good deed the gentleman did. No matter what happened before he stepped outside this guy had bad intentions and was going to hurt the cop. I would truly like to think I'd have acted in the same manner.
    ccw9mm, cn262, nhcruffler and 3 others like this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Quote Originally Posted by Bama61 View Post
    that was a very good deed the gentleman did. No matter what happened before he stepped outside this guy had bad intentions and was going to hurt the cop. I would truly like to think I'd have acted in the same manner.

I've not yet been in the situation, where I've seen such a thing and been right there. But I, too, would like to believe I would do everything possible to stop the felon from prevailing. Called by any other name, the situation is turning deadly for the LEO and everyone else nearby.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    If I saw a LEO on the ground who was clearly physically outmatched and no help in sight... I would help him tilt the odds to the degree that he gains control of the situation... then I get the heck out of the way.
    Sounds like a good idea however the cop is 5'7, 160 and the suspect is 6'4, 240 the only way the cop would get in control is to do what he did and tase him.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

I am one old cop glad the guy did what he did.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

VIP Member
    I would do what I could to help the officer. How would depend on the situation. At 60+ with a bad hip and back not sure how much help I'd be. While I'd probably be a hindrance in a hand to hand battle, I would guess a good boot to the head would get his attention.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

If the cop needed help, I would help. I'm not going to stand by while a cop gets beaten or shot.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Yep if I dont see backup or help on the way and I see this about to go wrong I am going to do what I can to help ... Same as other I dont wont to see anyone cop or not getting beaten or shot to death in front of me ..
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Also the guy that did that was a idot ... I mean he was free to go and he goes from no charges go away or at worst some minior public intox beef to what attampted murder and all that went from 0 to 25 real fast the idito .... It seems people keep fogeteting the old syaing ...Just walk away
    gatorbait51 and BenGoodLuck like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I know there is a lot of bashing of overzealous , over the top , unprofessional LEOs ( and rightfully so ) on this forum. But I also feel that we are all basically good and righteous citizens that would do the right thing when needed.
    gatorbait51 and USM1976 like this.
    " What ever you are thinking , I suggest you rethink it !" ---Jason Statham

VIP Member
    Rear naked choke time!

What happens when you taser two people in contact with one another? Do both get tasered?
    gatorbait51 and BenGoodLuck like this.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Senior Member Array flintlock62's Avatar
    No, I'm certainly not an electronic expert, but the shock does not pass through water.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    Rear naked choke time!

What happens when you taser two people in contact with one another? Do both get tasered?

To my mind, you definitely help the cop. I'm not much for a physical specimen any more, but before I'd see the cop come to harm, I'd shoot the SOB off of the cop. If I was still young and punky, I'd just beat the heck out of him. It's the drunks bad luck that I got old.
    BenGoodLuck, CIBMike and 357and40 like this.

Senior Member Array flintlock62's Avatar
    Unfortunately, I'm getting a little old to offer physical help, but my HK P30 with Gold Dots or PDX1's can still speak for me. I'm glad the cop is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Meltz View Post
    I live in NV and I didn't hear about this story. Cop being assaulted by suspect and suspect ends up on top of cop trying to grab his holstered firearm, Samaritan grabs suspect pulls him off.

Read full story:

Good Samaritan takes down suspect during attack on Nev. cop

What would you all do if you see such a situation going on?
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links