Bystander helps cop with BG

This is a discussion on Bystander helps cop with BG within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is a video that shows a bystander helping a cop in need. The BG took a .45 to the belly and kept fighting with ...

Thread: Bystander helps cop with BG

Bystander helps cop with BG

Here is a video that shows a bystander helping a cop in need. The BG took a .45 to the belly and kept fighting with LEO. The BG is lucky this cop didn't put more then one round into him. Check it out for yourself.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwqT2jQhMZo
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

2. Remove Ads

Assistant Administrator
    Sure is surprising how the perp continued to make things both difficult and even potentially dangerous.

Guess we can say here that one shot to gut is far from a guaranteed stopper.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Not a LEO obviously, so I'm curious, why didn't the cop shoot twice or more, or once the "threat" (knife) was gone, why didn't he ASP the guy's legs until he had cuffs on him? Reasonable force was way more than the grab-with-the-radio and many scary reach arounds for the cop's duty (thank God he kept retention of it).

Amazing...

Apparently no bones were struck...the LEO showed remarkable restraint...he could have done a double tap...legally...the clip certainly demonstrates the driver's intent...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Lead Moderator
    Might be the adrenaline surge, or just lack of training. The officer probably felt remorse for shooting(justified) and probably didn't want to escalate the situation more unless needed.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

That LEO was way to calm with this guy. He should have ended that threat after he shot him if he didn't want to with the .45. Meaning hit him with his Mag light, ASP baton, OC'ed him, beat the crap out of him or whatever nessesary until cuffed.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Administrator
    Although its happens all the time here, I hate Monday morning qb's.
    I think the LEO was a little to rattled himself, even though he did not show it to much. It took him much to long to understand he had the upper hand after the shot was fired and put the BG on the ground.
    More shots were not needed, as it looked like he no longer had the knife. Good H2H would have and eventually did do the trick.
    Hit them hard and fast with all the force NECESSARY.

This video shows how a gut shot is not a manstopper. Now if he would have put a round through the center of his chest, I doubt the man would have ever gotten off the ground.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    This video shows how a gut shot is not a manstopper. Now if he would have put a round through the center of his chest, I doubt the man would have ever gotten off the ground.
    Maybe, maybe not. No caliber/ bullet is a fight stopper 100%. I agree w/ Sixto, more shots were not needed, but good H2H earlier would have been good.
    Overall the officer did fine. Again, as Sixto said, we can mon .morning QB , but not being there, we can only guess.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

I just watched several videos on YouTube of the same type. They have quite a few that would be of interest to us.

Check it out when you have some time.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    More shots were not needed, as it looked like he no longer had the knife. Good H2H would have and eventually did do the trick.
    That's the reason to put about 3-5 center mass before the knife hits the ground.

Seriously, the dirtbag had just attacked the officer with a knife, took a round to the gut, and was still grabbing at the officer, potentially for his weapon. The officer had no way of knowing whether the dirtbag had another weapon. I say the officer would have been well justified in putting another several rounds into him until he was no longer a threat. In this situation, until the dirtbag is handcuffed or dead, he is still a deadly threat.
    Last edited by Only Glock; January 5th, 2007 at 12:04 AM.
    When you are truly transformed into a warrior and have truly invested yourself into warriorhood, you want to be there. You want to be able to make a difference.
    From the essay "TRIBES" by Bill Whittle

Administrator
    Oh yeah, your 100% right, he could have shot plenty more and been OK. Was it needed? I guess not, as the Officer came out on top.

It looks to me that the knife was lost of camera, probably when the shot was fired. When they came back into the cameras view, it doesnt look like the BG had the knife. The BG grabs the Officers radio in his right hand. They continue this going round and round in a sort of Mexican standoff, and slapping at each other like girls.
    My point was, the officer had the upper hand after he shot the BG, I would have wasted no time putting the BG on the ground.
    Then again, I was not there. I have no idea what other circumstances there was. Overall, I thought the officer did a fine job.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Oh yeah, your 100% right, he could have shot plenty more and been OK. Was it needed? I guess not, as the Officer came out on top.

It looks to me that the knife was lost of camera, probably when the shot was fired. When they came back into the cameras view, it doesnt look like the BG had the knife. The BG grabs the Officers radio in his right hand. They continue this going round and round in a sort of Mexican standoff, and slapping at each other like girls.
    My point was, the officer had the upper hand after he shot the BG, I would have wasted no time putting the BG on the ground.
    Then again, I was not there. I have no idea what other circumstances there was. Overall, I thought the officer did a fine job.
    I agree. The only thing different I think he should have done is a double tap when he first fired. Sixto I thing is right after that shot he should have taken him down hard and fast.
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
    General George Patton

Links