Dream I had last night..

Dream I had last night..

This is a discussion on Dream I had last night.. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm gonna tell the whole dream because I think it was funny and these are the kind of dumb dreams I have all the time, ...

Like Tree32Likes
  • 2 Post By PJR202
  • 5 Post By Harryball
  • 2 Post By RickyD
  • 4 Post By welder516
  • 6 Post By Bad Bob
  • 3 Post By archer51
  • 2 Post By BenGoodLuck
  • 1 Post By Oldpsufan
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 2 Post By elmacgyver0
  • 2 Post By Bigmac31391
  • 1 Post By PJR202
  • 1 Post By PJR202

Thread: Dream I had last night..

Dream I had last night..

I'm gonna tell the whole dream because I think it was funny and these are the kind of dumb dreams I have all the time, but there is a situation in there that could come up I suppose..

I walk into a grocery store that I worked in about 15 years ago, looking for something to eat. I don't see anything I like so I head back out the door. As I'm crossing the parking lot I see a car turning in and what appears to be a wolf on a leash tethered to either the side mirror or held by the driver. Either way, the wolf was outside. Not being a fan of wolves, I focused my energy on getting to the truck. I get to the truck and the vehicle beside me has parked at a terrible angle to the point that its bumper was between my tire that was cut to the right and my fender on the back side of that tire, making it so that If I went either direction there would be damage.

As I'm about to get out to go find the truck's owner I see a small crowd has gathered in the lot, and the owner of the wolf is out of the car holding the wolf on the leash, along with a second large breed dog. Both dogs are doing absolutely ape because of a couple smaller dogs. Literally, the wolf jumped about ten feet in the air. Everyone is freaking out. I find it all amusing and have no interest in messing with the wolf unless it's about to start dunking basketballs with those incredible hops so I stay in the truck and watch the show. As I'm watching all this, a crazed Asian man of some variety comes out of nowhere with a taser. He lights up a couple teenagers, then several other people (one to the point that I saw smoke coming off his head..lol) and suddenly almost everyone is on the ground. He then sees me and heads for my truck. The doors are locked and I figure he'll just move on, but he pounds on my window and all, and I of course am not wanting to try to drive away just yet unless absolutely necessary because of the fender situation. He gets increasingly violent and looks as if he's on bath salts or something and I think he's about to break the glass so I put my hand on my pistol, then quickly think to myself "he wants to tase me. Is it justifiable to defend myself with deadly force against a non-lethal weapon?". As he works his fingers into the glass and begins to pry it back my dream life is saved by the sweet sounds of electronically composed classical music from my alarm. OCCASIONALLY I can go back to sleep and pick up a dream where I left off, but not this time. Instead, I told my wife about it and she proceeded to tell me that I was talking in my sleep all night, which isn't odd but wasn't expected since I didn't eat taco bell last night.

Now..I KNOW in real life that driving away would be the best option here, and I KNOW that in reality he may have been looking to do more than taze me, but...if a different scenario did arise one day where it was clear that you're about to get tased or stun gunned, how does an armed victim defend himself in that situation? Granted, you don't know what else could happen after being tased, but shooting someone that has a taser doesn't seem to me to be something where everyone after the fact would agree that you were justified in your actions.

Maybe I'm off base with that line of thinking, but I'm curious what everyone else thinks.
    Last edited by rstickle; April 28th, 2014 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Language
    gdolson and BenGoodLuck like this.

how does an armed victim defend himself in that situation?
    1st a tazer is a less lethal option...

2nd BANG.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    Interesting dream.

I did a quick Google search and there have been over 500 deaths in the US related to tasers since 2001. This combined with the fact that once you have been tased you are defenseless, in my mind justifies the use of deadly force - especially if I am with a family member whom I can't defend if I am lying on the ground having convulsions.

In your scenario driving away is your best option if possible. If the car is blocked, HB is correct - BANG!
    PJR202 and BenGoodLuck like this.

VIP Member
    Wow what a dream , a wolf that plays basketball and an Asian on bath salts .............I would say don't eat wolf lo-mein anymore .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Since it was a dream, just turn on the high voltage anti theft system.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

VIP Member
    What did you have to eat Friday night? I want to know so I can avoid it!

If I'm not mistaken, 9mm trumps tazer!
    PJR202, Bad Bob and BenGoodLuck like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

PJR202, great dream and thanks for sharing it! I think the mods should add a new sub-forum "Defensive carry dream scenarios'. This has got to be one of the more detailed dreams I've ever heard. I agree with the previous posters that 1) a taser can be lethal; and 2) take some Alka-Seltzer the next time you eat whatever it was before you went to sleep last night!

If that scenarios was real, as soon as the attacker began pulling back the window, my gun would be out and I'd be firing through the window.
    gdolson and PJR202 like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    If that was my dream I'd fly away.
    PJR202 likes this.
    “A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
    ― Edward R. Murrow
    After all, when the Supreme Court twice comes within one vote of ruling that the Second Amendment of the U.S. Bill of Rights isn’t an individual right, Americans have a right to be concerned.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Sure you're in KY and CO?
    PJR202 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    If it's a dream, just shoot'em. Of Course in my dreams my guns never work or I have no or the wrong ammunition.
    BenGoodLuck and PJR202 like this.

This is weird! A couple of nights ago I dreamed I posted some crazy senerio on DC and people were going off on me for shooting someone. ! I m Being serious about this! Strange
    BenGoodLuck and gdolson like this.

Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    What did you have to eat Friday night? I want to know so I can avoid it!

If I'm not mistaken, 9mm trumps tazer!
    Lol..it was just spaghetti, then some popcorn later. Typical night. I'm a dreamer for sure. Taco Bell has about an 80% success rate. Haha..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    gdolson likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    If it's a dream, just shoot'em. Of Course in my dreams my guns never work or I have no or the wrong ammunition.
    Guns never worked in my dreams either until I actually bought and fired one. I still always miss though..lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

Sponsored Links