Saw this on Court TV tonight - Page 3

Saw this on Court TV tonight

This is a discussion on Saw this on Court TV tonight within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; When a deadly weapon is produced, during the commission of a crime, it is a threat to the life and limb of all present. The ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Saw this on Court TV tonight

When a deadly weapon is produced, during the commission of a crime, it is a threat to the life and limb of all present. The individual making the threat has already demonstrated a willingness to commit violence, and it's impossible to predict how far he'll go. Elimination of the threat is the only way to insure your immediate safety, to say nothing of future danger from a demonstrably violent individual.

As has been quoted, over and over, on this forum:
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil
    is that good men do nothing. -- Edmund Burke
    Cheers,
    Rod
    "We're paratroopers. We're supposed to be surrounded!" Dick Winters

Quote Originally Posted by Vermicious_Canid View Post
    I would shoot the robber, and keep shooting him until he was no longer a threat. The law, in Ohio, says I'm allowed to use deadly force to prevent myself or any other innocent person from suffering great bodily injury or death. The fact that he pointed a gun at the clerk authorizes me or anyone else to shoot him.

If his parents want to sue me for killing the product of their laziness. I'll sue them for creating the product, and putting me and other innocent people in danger.
    I like YOUR style Vermicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Vermicious_Canid View Post
    I would shoot the robber, and keep shooting him until he was no longer a threat. The law, in Ohio, says I'm allowed to use deadly force to prevent myself or any other innocent person from suffering great bodily injury or death. The fact that he pointed a gun at the clerk authorizes me or anyone else to shoot him.

If his parents want to sue me for killing the product of their laziness. I'll sue them for creating the product, and putting me and other innocent people in danger.
    I am with you my friend. You and I agree on this issue 100%
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

If someone who could not swim fell into a river and you were a good swimmer and right there, would you save them or not. After all, they should have learned to swim, or stayed further back from the bank. Someone should have put up guard rails or provided life preservers. And the water could be really cold or the current strong.

Sometimes we have a moral obligation to help even if it places us in danger. Had I been there, I sincerely hope I would have acted, and in time to keep the clerk safe.

Quote Originally Posted by obxned View Post
    If someone who could not swim fell into a river and you were a good swimmer and right there, would you save them or not. After all, they should have learned to swim, or stayed further back from the bank. Someone should have put up guard rails or provided life preservers. And the water could be really cold or the current strong.

Sometimes we have a moral obligation to help even if it places us in danger. Had I been there, I sincerely hope I would have acted, and in time to keep the clerk safe.
    I agree, "SOMETIMES we have a moral obligation..." First, one would need to assess whether it would put oneself in danger or life and limb. If assisting would not put one's life in jeopardy, then help as it is needed. If not, they are going under.

We all have our own personal comfort zone of arm chair scenarios. Bottom line, some would feel a moral obligation to shoot the BG, others would have a moral obligation to consider their family at home (or elsewhere) and leave if possible, others may just soil themselves. There is only a right answer for each person singly, not a single right answer to be applied to all people.
    America should have license to carry "children" laws...

Mooo

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links