Low Light Combatives Flashlight Technique

Low Light Combatives Flashlight Technique

This is a discussion on Low Light Combatives Flashlight Technique within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; From American COP Magazine Click Here To Visit The Page. Lots of new members here. This page will be worth clicking on for you. No ...

Thread: Low Light Combatives Flashlight Technique

Administrator

Post Low Light Combatives Flashlight Technique

From American COP Magazine Click Here To Visit The Page.

Lots of new members here. This page will be worth clicking on for you.

No pop~ups or P.I.T.A. stuff on the link.

I thought I would post this (below) here on CombatCarry from the page but, you'll have to click on the link to read the low light technique article and to view the nice photos.

Final Thoughts
    There is a certain Zen-like quality to violence. At any time, in any location, and without warning it can strike. Anyone you come into contact with, or everyone for that matter, is capable of being a lethal threat. Two seconds from now bad guys are going to come through the closest door with pistols in hand. Think it can't happen? It recently happened to my brother.

Two men, intent on robbery, entered his place of business with pistols drawn, and killed him. However, after taking several hits, two of them "fatal," my brother continued to fight, driving the attackers out into the parking lot. The body can absorb an enormous amount of punishment if the mind is up to the task.

If you haven't been involved in a violent encounter yet, all this means is your chances of being in a violent attack have increased exponentially. If you have already had a violent experience, then you understand the need for preparation. Your attitude toward training should be as if you or your family will be attacked by bad people with homicidal intent this evening - or sooner. Harsh words and thoughts, but as Helen Keller reminds us in The Open Door: "Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it."

QKShooter Note: ~ Rest In Peace Mark McKee ~ 1962-2004, a true warrior.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Good article, especially the part about the importance of blending techniques.....
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Thank you very much for the link. I have been wondering about this myself for a while. When im asleep, im really out cold. My wife however is a light sleeper and will wake up to as little as an air pressure shift in the house (open door or window). This is good. But me... she has to really nudge to wake up. Then once im awake my eyes cant focus and my muscles really dont work right for a few minutes... Well this worried me. because if someone broke in the house i would need all of thouse scences and muscles to protect us in the darkness of the house. I am currently saving money for a Pistol mounted light for my xd to help with that. But I keep my tac light next to the bed.

This artical did shed some "light" on some concerns that I had...

Thanks!
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

I realize this is completely sideways of the point, but one of the last lines bothers me. "If you haven't been involved in a violent encounter yet, all this means is your chances of being in a violent attack have increased exponentially." No. That's not the way odds work. If people get attacked once a year on average, and you haven't been attacked all year, will you definitely be attacked on 31 December? No. Odds don't adjust that way.

Assistant Administrator
    Good article and yeah I agree re the way odds work - I certainly don't see any exponential trend increase just because ''it ain't happened yet''!

In theory and depending on locations too - the risk is there all day and every day - potentially, in some form.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Sponsored Links