You are walking at night and see this...

This is a discussion on You are walking at night and see this... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Click on the provided link and check out this new "social experiment" being done in Italy by a guy pretending to be a murderous clown. ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: You are walking at night and see this...

You are walking at night and see this...

Click on the provided link and check out this new "social experiment" being done in Italy by a guy pretending to be a murderous clown. There are a lot of people in the comments section of this article talking about how if it was ever done in the U.S. they can't imagine him living for very long. Sooner or later, someone with a CCW would end up shooting this guy. I can see where some may consider this an over-reaction, and I admit I haven't watched the video, but it appears the clown gives chase or at least turns towards those who witness the act.

So, now, ask yourself, if you saw a guy in a clown suit standing over what appears to be a pretty realistic dead body, with realistic blood all over the place, in a secluded area, with what appears to be a large weapon (albeit ridiculous looking) what would you do if he turned towards you and starts heading your way?

I can already see some people saying, "I'd pull my gun, but I wouldn't immediately shoot", but what do you think would happen in a situation where someone did immediately shoot? Do you think the prankster in the clown costume, or his family, would be able to successfully get you sentenced for shooting/homicide?

I'm just curious as to how some of you would react. If the situation looked realistic enough to me or I was caught off guard I can at least see myself pulling my pistol, but it would greatly depend on how everything played out. I can see where this situation could look ridiculous to some, but others not so much.

Prank Italian clown duo fool passers-by into believing they are killing strangers | Mail Online
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Anyone who has watched the video and said they wouldn't immediately shoot, shouldn't be carrying a gun. You have a crazy looking clown, who appears to have just attacked/killed someone and now is chasing you with a weapon.

This has happen in the US .. The guy in FL who prented to be on bath satls/zombie and try to attack random people .. There was that movie stutn in NYC with a fake murder in Elevorter etc

In ever case I am always amazed no one died .. In some state NY etc some what less chance of being blasted

but in FL most of the south and southwest these would be a very very bad idea esp if street art etc stuff someone will pull a gun or at least pepper spreay etc beforn long .. Seeeing as how I hate clowns I see one that just off someone yeah thats not going to be good

At least in Italy you cant legally carry a gun ( still it is Italy )
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Edit .. Holy crap just watch the video .. Uh yeah if I saw that I am going to be emptying my piece and hopeing to god I dont have to go find some holy water or fire ...

cause that makes me think of this kill_it_with_fire.gif

also

clowns1.png

clowns2.png

from the oatmeal ( shamless plug for a cool site
    I am not a lawyer .. Just a dog typing on the internet ..Spelling media apparatus male portatili. Malo me non reprehendo
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

I'm the guy next door that is polite, but does not tell you crap.
    Not very smart to do where I live. Besides, who likes Clowns anyways? Already one strike against ya on that one............................................ Just Sayin!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I'm liable to shoot just because it's a clown.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I'm liable to shoot just because it's a clown.

Why I dont go to the Circus it is hard a heck to bury any thing deep out here and I just know if I go I might need a shovel letter ( I reallly hate clones and mimes )
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGuy407 View Post
    Anyone who has watched the video and said they wouldn't immediately shoot, shouldn't be carrying a gun. You have a crazy looking mofo, who appears to have just attacked/killed someone and now is chasing you with a weapon.
    LOL Well, unfortunately I have to wait until I am no longer at work to watch the video. We have a proxy here that blocks all video streams. :( I'll take your word for it, though! :D
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    In the video the 'evil clown' turns on the witnesses and approaches them with the weapon. I see aggression and a disparity of force. Looks like a good shoot to me. Of course, I live in GA and the law would be on my side. Do this in NY, NJ or IL and the shooter probably gets put away for a long time.
    ETXhiker, gatorbait51 and darbo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Patterson911 View Post
    LOL Well, unfortunately I have to wait until I am no longer at work to watch the video. We have a proxy here that blocks all video streams. :( I'll take your word for it, though! :D
    Yes, wait till you watch the video. If that was you in that situation, you would feel like you don't have enough bullets, even if you had 3 mags.
    Patterson911 and gatorbait51 like this.

Wow! The stupidity is unbelievable.

The expressions that come immediately to mind are "mag dump" or "empty the cylinder" followed by "repeat".

I hate clowns too (watched "Poltergeist" at too young of an age), but this sort of activity would draw my same response even if the perp was wearing jeans and a hoodie.
    ShooterGranny likes this.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Well I can't run anymore. So, somebody would be totally SOL.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I would ask where he found the costume
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    Well I can't run anymore. So, somebody would be totally SOL.
    Amen to that.

I would be very glad that my G 19 has night sights.
    WHEC724 likes this.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links