You need to take a pre-employment urinalysis and you walk into the clinic..

This is a discussion on You need to take a pre-employment urinalysis and you walk into the clinic.. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Scenario: The nurse asks you to empty your pockets as part of the urinalysis protocol. You have a pocket carry and/or she see's your IWB ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: You need to take a pre-employment urinalysis and you walk into the clinic..

You need to take a pre-employment urinalysis and you walk into the clinic..

Scenario:

The nurse asks you to empty your pockets as part of the urinalysis protocol. You have a pocket carry and/or she see's your IWB holster & firearm.

This sort of happened to me yesterday. Except, I didn't have a firearm on me as I should have, it was in the car. I'm still a CPL newbie, but carrying as I type this. I imagine that I would have been a deer-in-the-headlights after she asked. She might have thought I was trying to hide something like fake piss strapped to my leg. I had some 9mm cartridges, keys, wallet (with CPL), phone, and my EDC knife.

Has anyone had this happen before? What did you do or say? What happened? What would you do if you had your EDC and in my shoes?
    Walther PPS 9mm
    MDJ IWB holster // Cooks AIWB holster
    Nelson IWB spare mag (www.nelsonholsters.com) *DC Sponsor*
    Filson belt (www.filson.com)
    SOG Twitch2

2. Remove Ads

Was the place posted?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Assuming there is no prohibition on carry in the clinic, nothing much. I most certainly would not let the weapon out of my possession. If an objection was raised put it in the car, pee in the bottle.

"If someone gets into your house which would you rather have, a handgun or a phone? You can call the police if you want, and they’ll get there; and they’ll take a picture of your dead body."

nope, no signage
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Walther PPS 9mm
    MDJ IWB holster // Cooks AIWB holster
    Nelson IWB spare mag (www.nelsonholsters.com) *DC Sponsor*
    Filson belt (www.filson.com)
    SOG Twitch2

This begs the question... Is that a pistol in your pocket, or are you just glad to pee me?

Sorry I HAD to do it....
    Don't call 911, call 1911...

I suffer from chronic & incurable "Condition One"
    But I've learned to live with it.

Under no circumstances should you pee your pants! This tends to extend the testing time.
    Skip

I haven't had this happen yet but my company has gone to random drug sampling. Something to do with the new laws in this industry. I would just say sorry but I have a CCW and currently carrying a firearm. I can keep it in my possession or lock it in my lock box in the truck. Whichever way they would prefer it..

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by finst3r View Post
    This begs the question... Is that a pistol in your pocket, or are you just glad to pee me?

Sorry I HAD to do it....

A whizzard comment ...
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMERÉ, POR QUE EN MI CORAZÓN Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

No 2A, No UA! No I don't think it would work either.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

Well I wouldn't let her hold the GUN while you pee.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

VIP Member
    Joking aside, and issues of right and wrong aside, unless your job requires you to carry and you are sent for testing while on the clock, wise person would leave it in the car/safe/locked whatever.

For the most part there are no rules in drug testing. Yes, be shocked. Believe if you wish that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Word of advice. If possible, get tested independently on the same day by your own physician.

If possible, get a saliva or hair test or both.

And don't tank up excessively to make sure you can do it. Excessively dilute urine will be considered "adulterated" and your consequence will either be
    a "fail" or a request for an observed sample. Then they'll really get a look at your gun.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    My son works in a radiology clinic. He's had lots of run ins with carriers. He gives them a paper shirt and shorts to wear. Hes had more than one try to conceal into the X-ray room, and a few ask how they should carry their gun while being X-rayed! He gives them two choices, leave it in their car, or in the little locker with their clothes. Up to them. DR

RT
    Trying to conceal while wearing a paper shirt and shorts? I cannot even begin to fathom how that would be possible (nor would I want to).

Edit: Okay... I could how if they were wearing a belly band or something similar, but other that that... I got nothin'.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

Well this is a non issue for me. I am retired.
    vice87, ws76133, manolito and 1 others like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

As a medical professional in Florida I have seen numerous people come into the ER carrying. Personally, I don't get it. If you come into the ER and you are sick, the first thing that you are going to be asked to do is strip down and get into a hospital gown. If you aren't sick, then you shouldn't be in the ER.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links