CHL carrier stopped a Robbery

This is a discussion on CHL carrier stopped a Robbery within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Happened in east Houston this afternoon. Couldn't find it posted anywhere else... One dead in shooting at Game Stop robbery in northeast Harris County | ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree103Likes

Thread: CHL carrier stopped a Robbery

Happened in east Houston this afternoon. Couldn't find it posted anywhere else...

One dead in shooting at Game Stop robbery in northeast Harris County | abc13.com
    BenGoodLuck and Aceoky like this.

Not much information.
    USM1976 likes this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    Not much information.
    You by chance retired Seabee out of the Gulfport station ? Although I don't live there anymore, I still call the Mississippi Gulf Coast home...graduated Biloxi '69 and Southern Miss in '76 after the Army...

Old Sarge likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by USM1976 View Post
    You by chance retired Seabee out of the Gulfport station ? Although I don't live there anymore, I still call the Mississippi Gulf Coast home...graduated Biloxi '69 and Southern Miss in '76 after the Army...
    Yep. That's me.
    USM1976 and Aceoky like this.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I hate to say it, but the Vet was wrong on so many levels. He put himself and those around him in harm's way because the BGs were stealing somebody else's "stuff." Then the BG shooter is shot and killed while he was in his car trying to get away.

Yes, it took "brass"(Big Brass) to do what he did, but he still caused the actual shooting by his actions. Call 911 and be a good witness. Just because the good guy has good controlled fire doesn't mean that the BG wouldn't spray-and-pray hitting innocent bystanders. This is a case of bad decisions that had a good outcome.
    KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

The second article has a lot more information. The Marine had to go to his vehicle to get his firearm. Bet he has it own him next time. Hope they catch the third guy.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.

The only thing he did wrong was not drop him before he actually got an opportunity to fire a shot . His car wasn't "base", he was still armed and able to shoot while sitting in the car. Great job Marine.
    USM1976, Aceoky and ep1953 like this.

Any criminal willing to shoot someone over his stolen "GameBoy" stuff, would eventually just shoot someone else for just as little. It's better that he departed from this world and will hurt no one else.
    One dirtbag dead, the other will hopefully serve life for the 'murder during a crime', and the Marine is still alive. Good outcome...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Although I do not disagree with what he did completely, in Oklahoma he would likely be in jail right now for doing it.
    Richard
    I shoot things with a Canon

Kudos to the permit holder/veteran. That was a GAME STOPper!!
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

I'd have to know more before I would decide if what he did was necessary. Not being there, I'd say kudos to the Marine. I'd make sure they were a threat to me or someone else, as opposed to making a rapid egress, before shooting. Maybe he was thinking they'd hit the Quiznos next. In S.E.Texas, he's more likely to get congratulated than prosecuted. He doesn't have any reason to fear the AUTHORITIES. The surviving BG's lawyer will get a copy of the police report, with the CHL holder's name. The dead perp's family will eventually find out who he is. He needs to stay vigilant. The man I relieved at work Tuesday told me about almost getting robbed in a town to the north of Houston. All he had to do was produce his pistol and the guy ran. The police told him in no uncertain terms that he should have shot the guy. He recently moved here from a state on the east coast. I told him "You are in Texas now." "Choot 'em!"

This subject is not only a well worn path, it's a minefield. Hard core opinions on both sides. I'm afraid I come down on the side that says the Marine was wrong despite the outcome. He wasn't directly threatened, escalated the danger level for all those around, and shot the bad guy when he was in a car, in other words, no longer a threat. Up here, he'd be in deep excrement. Concealed carry is for personal protection, not the green light to play cop.
    bandrich likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot in public. People passing by won't know which one of you is the idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardA76 View Post
    Although I do not disagree with what he did completely, in Oklahoma he would likely be in jail right now for doing it.

He's not in Oklahoma, thank goodness, the citizens of Texas still have the legal right to try to arrest or stop felonies in progess.
    TVJ and Aceoky like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DaGunny View Post
    I hate to say it, but the Vet was wrong on so many levels. He put himself and those around him in harm's way because the BGs were stealing somebody else's "stuff." Then the BG shooter is shot and killed while he was in his car trying to get away.

Yes, it took "brass"(Big Brass) to do what he did, but he still caused the actual shooting by his actions. Call 911 and be a good witness. Just because the good guy has good controlled fire doesn't mean that the BG wouldn't spray-and-pray hitting innocent bystanders. This is a case of bad decisions that had a good outcome.

Anytime someone produces a handgun in self defense, a person puts people around him in jeopardly...if people cannot see this, then perhaps they should stop carrying firearms. Nothing this man did was illegal by Texas state law. The BG may have been still shooting from the vehicle as the CHL holder fired upon him...

Sir, when would it be alright to use the handgun for which you carry ? If you respond by saying, "I will only use it to protect me and mine", what's the difference ?...the bullets know no differently when they leave the handgun...truly, I'd like to know.
    TVJ and Aceoky like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links