My buddy had to use his cc the other day.

This is a discussion on My buddy had to use his cc the other day. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok a friend of mine drives for a freight company and was waiting to pick a load up in st.louis,it was late when he got ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: My buddy had to use his cc the other day.

Ok a friend of mine drives for a freight company and was waiting to pick a load up in st.louis,it was late when he got there so he was instructed to get a hotel for the night by his boss.

Well he didn't realize the hotel he found was in a bad part of town and as he entered the gates of this hotel he said about 10 to 15 people surrounded his cargo van,He said it was to closed in to turn around quickly,

Anyway as they were surrounding his vehicle a lady was trying to get in his vehicle on his side,he said she was rocking the vehicle trying to get in the van,and she was telling him to get out she needed to talk to him about something.

He told her two or three times to get off the van and back up and she didn't listen and that's when he finally drew his handgun and told her to get off his van for the last time and they all scattered,anyway after he left the hotel(he didn't stay there for obvious reasons he left ASAP) he had to stop because two people had just stolen a vehicle and crashed after a police chase.

Well for me after he told me this makes me never want to leave without some spare mags because if that went south after he pulled his gun out(like all of them had guns)and there was a shoot out 10 to 15 rounds wouldn't be sufficient.

Anyway just thought I'd share his encounter and see what y'all would have done

tag
    The vehicle is also a weapon for those times when one mag just isn't enough.
    YOU are the weapon, your firearm is just a tool!

If there were that many people and it went south, 20 more mags wouldn't have helped him.
    Do you really think if they all had guns and were shooting in to the vehicle that he wouldn't look like Clyde Barrow?
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

First clue should been gates on the hotel parking lot. I have never pulled into a decent hotel that had gates on it. That sounds like a typical flop house and should have been apparent from the street. Is your buddy inexperienced in the ways of the world???

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Ten to fifteen guys surrounding his vehicle? It's 911 and tell them to bring SWAT along. Too many look to high capacity to get them out of trouble they shouldn't have gotten into in the first place.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sometimes a high cap can be compared to 4 wheel drive, it will get you farther from home before you get stuck...In this scenario, a higher cap gun may not of been much of a benefit....Then again, it might....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I think if I felt the need to draw, I would have put it in reverse and put the pedal to the metal. I wasn't there, but that seems like a better option.
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    If there were that many people and it went south, 20 more mags wouldn't have helped him.
    Do you really think if they all had guns and were shooting in to the vehicle that he wouldn't look like Clyde Barrow?
    Yes I agree it's just crazy to think of that many people coming at ya,as to police being called I agree with that and the hotel was the only one he found with a vacancy which now he knows why,but he did say as soon as he was driving through the gates they like came out of nowhere seemingly,which it was real late and he had been driving for a long time so maybe his situational awareness wasn't at its peak

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Ten to fifteen guys surrounding his vehicle? It's 911 and tell them to bring SWAT along. Too many look to high capacity to get them out of trouble they shouldn't have gotten into in the first place.
    Good point,just there is the possibility that with that many people and your already in the middle of them something could happen way before the police arrive,but again your right that many people if they had weapons I guess unless you get lucky it's pretty well over

VIP Member
    The vehicle was the weapon of choice, no question. But as described I'd say you're not going to be able to convince people (jury or prosecutor) that running people over was necessary. Bystanders getting run down because one women was acting stupid probably isn't going to end well. I'd say things went about as well as they could.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

No offense but his story doesnt make sense, at least in my mind. I can think of no situation where a vehicle would be surrounded by ten to fifteen people unless he drove into a riot.. or a zombie apocalypse. Not saying he is a liar by any means, but that would be something straight out of a movie. If the situation is as described, your buddy needs to improve his situational awareness, his street smarts, and what constitutes deadly force.... he=is van would have been one heck of a weapon to deal with such a large group.
    ”God grants Liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.”
    ~Daniel Webster

Your points are shallow... my points are Hollow....

Quote Originally Posted by Taurahe View Post
    No offense but his story doesnt make sense, at least in my mind. I can think of no situation where a vehicle would be surrounded by ten to fifteen people unless he drove into a riot.. or a zombie apocalypse. Not saying he is a liar by any means, but that would be something straight out of a movie. If the situation is as described, your buddy needs to improve his situational awareness, his street smarts, and what constitutes deadly force.... he=is van would have been one heck of a weapon to deal with such a large group.
    Here is the situation it was in east St. Louis it was about 1 or 2 in the morning if you have ever been anywhere near there this story isn't so hard to comprehend it's one of the worst locations in the U.S. His pick up wasn't far from this place they all African Americans which isn't a big detail but they came out of nowhere basically like an ambush situation I think they were planning to rob him but who knows I know he told the truth he's never lied to me
    Ghost1958 and bigdogtx like this.

Senior Member Array GoBigOrange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    So should he have just laid down and died? Seems to me like he did what he had to.

I get what your saying but ultimately no shots were fired and everything ended well.

He needs to mount a .50 cal on his cargo van

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    I would not worry about turning around I would have put it in reverse and hit the gas pedal slowly at first to give them a chance to move out of the way and then punched it and if they were still in the way that is their problem.
    BenGoodLuck and tcox4freedom like this.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links