Beginnning to hate courts

This is a discussion on Beginnning to hate courts within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; About six months ago, a 16 yr old kid waited until a lady came to her car in a shopping center parking lot. He had ...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree313Likes

Thread: Beginnning to hate courts

Distinguished Member Array oldman45's Avatar

Beginnning to hate courts

About six months ago, a 16 yr old kid waited until a lady came to her car in a shopping center parking lot. He had a BB gun that looked exactly like a Glock and felt like one as well. The punk used that gun to rob the lady of her money and jewelry.

The good thing was he was caught shortly afterward.

Well......we went to court today on an armed robbery charge. The Judge found him guilty and gave him 90 days and six months on probation. My D.A. friend was asking him to be held until he was 18.

I suppose we will deal with him again in a few months, if not weeks.

The reason for high crime is the lack of stiff sentences. Punishment is a deterent to crime.
    A 9mm might expand but a .45acp never shrinks.

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

2. Remove Ads

Out here they have started putting people in county jail to meet the federal court decision we are over crowded. You should see the people our county lets walk. I am not sure what you have to do to get jail time but it is pretty serious.

I think that Sheriff out in Arizona that puts them in tent cities and feeds them Baloney sandwiches has the right answer. If we could just get the chain gangs cleaning roads would be good in my opinion.

200 lbs of muscle swinging a cane 15 to 50 licks for misdemeanors instead of paying a fine, and 50-150 licks for a minor felony offense and execute those found guilty of child molesting ,rape and murder as soon as they are found guilty will solve the prison system problem and curtail crime in general

Well, with recidivism rates being what they are, this young criminal will probably be a frequent flyer.

Hopefully, someone is able to straighten him out.

Senior Member Array elmacgyver0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by subhuman View Post
    200 lbs of muscle swinging a cane 15 to 50 licks for misdemeanors instead of paying a fine, and 50-150 licks for a minor felony offense and execute those found guilty of child molesting ,rape and murder as soon as they are found guilty will solve the prison system problem and curtail crime in general
    Yeh, that'll fly. Can't say I disagree though.

Quote Originally Posted by oldman45 View Post

The reason for high crime is the lack of stiff sentences. Punishment is a deterent to crime.
    For the most part I agree with your post with the exception of this part. There's not a lot of evidence that links draconian sentences to reductions in crime. Crime is generally a symptom of a societal ill, not the ill itself. But it's easier to apply Kleenex than to cure a cold.

I agree though- you'll probably see that 'kid' again soon. Hopefully there won't be a body attached to the next crime.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus View Post
    For the most part I agree with your post with the exception of this part. There's not a lot of evidence that links draconian sentences to reductions in crime. Crime is generally a symptom of a societal ill, not the ill itself. But it's easier to apply Kleenex than to cure a cold.

I agree though- you'll probably see that 'kid' again soon. Hopefully there won't be a body attached to the next crime.
    A few feet of Kentucky hemp rope would solve this problem.
    I have conclusive evidence that some so called " draconian" sentences reduce crime.

You will never see a man swinging from the end of a rope commit the same crime again. Ever.
    Garrenteed, 100% effect.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

VIP Member
    Tall tree, short rope, no second offenders.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Sad. I have a feeling he'll be "taken care of" eventually. It's too bad the lady or a witness in the area wasn't armed. The thing is, though, these things have a way of working themselves out, eventually...Just give it time.
    Aceoky likes this.

About six months ago, a 16 yr old kid waited until a lady came to her car in a shopping center parking lot. He had a BB gun that looked exactly like a Glock and felt like one as well. The punk used that gun to rob the lady of her money and jewelry.

The good thing was he was caught shortly afterward.

Well......we went to court today on an armed robbery charge. The Judge found him guilty and gave him 90 days and six months on probation. My D.A. friend was asking him to be held until he was 18.

I suppose we will deal with him again in a few months, if not weeks.

Take heart. Here we call probation "The Delayed Prison Entry Program". They guy is a screw up. Chances are he cant do probation without a violation. Getting him on paper now is a good thing. Not what you were hoping for, but its better than you think.
    Pistology and Aceoky like this.

Quote Originally Posted by elmacgyver0 View Post
    Yeh, that'll fly. Can't say I disagree though.
    I looked around for a minute trying to find this old video I once saw on caning as a judicial punishment in Singapore...it had a man administering 'justice' to a dummy as a demonstration and let me tell you after watching that man work his technique, if I ever go visit I will definitely mind my Ps and Qs.

I bet doing that in public would take a whole lot of street cred out of getting in trouble with the law. Nobody will look too tough after getting their hide tanned in front of their community.

Quote Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Out here they have started putting people in county jail to meet the federal court decision we are over crowded. You should see the people our county lets walk. I am not sure what you have to do to get jail time but it is pretty serious.

I think that Sheriff out in Arizona that puts them in tent cities and feeds them Baloney sandwiches has the right answer. If we could just get the chain gangs cleaning roads would be good in my opinion.
    I agree about that, he has the right idea. It's prison, no need for fancy meals or a/c, heating, flushing toilets, etc. Let them sweat it out, it's not going to kill anyone but it just might teach them a lesson. And think of all the money that could be saved...
    kmckinnon, Old Sarge and ep1953 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    You will never see a man swinging from the end of a rope commit the same crime again. Ever.
    Garrenteed, 100% effect.
    It's worked well for Iran I guess. North Korea too or so they claim.
    "When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions.” - Naguib Mahfouz

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nortelrye View Post
    I looked around for a minute trying to find this old video I once saw on caning as a judicial punishment in Singapore...it had a man administering 'justice' to a dummy as a demonstration and let me tell you after watching that man work his technique, if I ever go visit I will definitely mind my Ps and Qs.

I bet doing that in public would take a whole lot of street cred out of getting in trouble with the law. Nobody will look too tough after getting their hide tanned in front of their community.
    ^^^ This. Public humiliation. Terms of probation include wearing a scarlet letter. Violators go directly to jail.
    I'm a proud member of the gang that we call the society of honest citizens. You take a rap of armed robbery of one of ours, and we will put you in your place for all to see. You're gonna pay for those three hots and a cot or floor or whatever we've got to give. See if you can pass our initiation.
    airslot likes this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

He had a BB gun that looked exactly like a Glock and felt like one as well. The punk used that gun to rob the lady of her money and jewelry.

Armed Robbery, and gets 90d/probation.

One question: was the "child" tried as an adult, in this case?

I hope the judge at least had the good sense to treat it as the violent felon that it was, a permanent-record thing. Or did the judge pre-authorize a zapping of the records at age 18 due to the youth of this violent perpetrator?

In this case, I'm betting this comes back to haunt other innocents. Dollar to a doughnut, this young guy is going to do this again, with deadly weaponry once he can afford it. Nice, to imagine a 90d stint will scare the punk onto the right road. I question whether that'll work, in the case of armed robbery. There aren't too many crimes above A.R. on the scale of crimes (murder, rape, kidnapping). This punk's aiming "high" in this life of crime he's apparently choosing. Had he "only" beaten up another punk, that A&B would certainly be a judgment I'd consider. But this is armed robbery.

I'm with manolito on this basic question. More hard work camps, chain gangs and the like. Tents, baloney sandwiches, no television, three courses of buggery nightly ... no "baloney" (BS).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Links