Bicyclist's Helmet Cam

Bicyclist's Helmet Cam

This is a discussion on Bicyclist's Helmet Cam within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Bicyclist Gets Robbed at Gunpoint and the Thieves Didn't Realize His GoPro Recording the Crime - Cheezburger A bicyclist's helmet cam catches an armed robbery ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Bicyclist's Helmet Cam

Bicyclist's Helmet Cam

Bicyclist Gets Robbed at Gunpoint and the Thieves Didn't Realize His GoPro Recording the Crime - Cheezburger

A bicyclist's helmet cam catches an armed robbery and gives it to us from a wonderful point of view.

My opinion, if the bicyclist was a cc'er with even a small amount of SA, that badguy would've been dead before hus friends showed up.
    Gun Control: Using both hands

Bicyclist's Helmet Cam

Wow! Sucks that happened, but love go pros! Hope those cowards get caught if they haven't already.

Edit: That could definitely be a good learning video. What would all of you have done? It almost seems too late before you would have been able to notice being robbed at gun point.

VIP Member
    As an always-armed cyclist, I would love to hear thoughts again on how there is no point in carrying a gun while bicycling, and also on the 21-foot "rule".
    StormRhydr and Ghost1958 like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    The gunman was so sloppy and clueless. In some ways it makes him more dangerous, and in others it makes him very dead robbing an armed person with good training.

These things happen every day, but not everyone has a GoPro on there head at the time. He did the right thing by just giving up the bike. Now if he had a concealed firearm things could have gone much differently.
    Ghost1958 and ILoveSigs like this.

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    I saw one gun and it was already drawn. Then two more people showed up. Who knows if or how they were armed. If the biker had pulled a gun in this situation, he likely would have caused himself more harm than good. Giving up the bike and complying with the BGs was probably the best coarse of action.

I can't believe they let him keep his camera. It looked like the guy with the gun looked right into the camera.
    PAcanis and SilvaMan61 like this.

Perhaps, the bicyclist was armed.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirling XD View Post
    .... Giving up the bike and complying with the BGs was probably the best coarse of action.

Perhaps in this case. What if they had decided to shoot him anyway? It's a heck of a thing to entrust your life to someone who is robbing you at gunpoint.
    Ghost1958, TVJ, ILoveSigs and 4 others like this.

I saw one gun and it was already drawn. Then two more people showed up. Who knows if or how they were armed. If the biker had pulled a gun in this situation, he likely would have caused himself more harm than good. Giving up the bike and complying with the BGs was probably the best coarse of action.

I can't believe they let him keep his camera. It looked like the guy with the gun looked right into the camera.

I do agree though, sometimes it might be best just to give them what they want as long as they are not hurting anyone. A shoot out with him/ then possibly his accomplices, could have turned out more harmful. The BGs in this situation got what they want and no one got hurt.

But then again you do have the other side of you don't know if they are going to shoot or cause harm as someone mentioned.

VIP Member

I would suggest you re-watch the video, noticing the amount of time the bicyclist had to respond to the gunman's advance after how appeared, how he responded, and where the other assailants emerged from.
    ArmedPreacher and Pete63 like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltz View Post
    I do agree though, sometimes it might be best just to give them what they want as long as they are not hurting anyone. A shoot out with him/ then possibly his accomplices, could have turned out more harmful. The BGs in this situation got what they want and no one got hurt.

But then again you do have the other side of you don't know if they are going to shoot or cause harm as someone mentioned.
    Or, they could have robbed him, shot him, and left him lie.
    William T. Sherman

The spot they picked to rob him was picked well. An S turn, leading into iron RR tracks, at an angle to the bike trail. Bikers would slow down, so as not to lose traction and go down.

Im betting it wasnt the BGs first rodeo as regards robbing bikers.

A little search on YouTube:

States they were caught few days later thanks to the cam
    Phaedrus likes this.

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    Perhaps in this case. What if they had decided to shoot him anyway?
    Can you out draw someone that has already drawn? I can't.

If you know they are going to shoot you anyway, you might as well pull your gun and go down fighting. If you're lucky you even might survive the fight. But I wouldn't count on it. And how would you know that these were the types to kill you anyway? I suppose some BGs might tell you that in advance. But as soon as they saw you reach for anything, they would just pull the trigger. That is assuming they didn't already find your gun and take it. It's hard to conceal much in biking clothes. This would be a tough situation to shoot your way out of.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    The spot they picked to rob him was picked well. An S turn, leading into iron RR tracks, at an angle to the bike trail. Bikers would slow down, so as not to lose traction and go down.

Im betting it wasnt the BGs first rodeo as regards robbing bikers.
    Even at that, the cyclist had a full six seconds to respond before the gunman covered about twenty five yards, stopped and went to full extension. He did what most do in flight, fight or freeze situations.
    Hoganbeg likes this.
    William T. Sherman

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links