Interesting story

Interesting story

This is a discussion on Interesting story within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; At one of the tactical class's i attended the instructor a 30 year Leo vet told a story i thought i would share. He was ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Interesting story

Sponsor

Interesting story

At one of the tactical class's i attended the instructor a 30 year Leo vet told a story i thought i would share.

He was dispatched to a call where the caller could hear a lady screaming "RAPE" ""Some one please help me " "Help" in a wooded area well when he arrived at the location he heard a scream but wasnt sure if it was a woman or a cat screaming so he went in the direction of the sound, the closer he got he could hear it was a woman and she was screaming rape and yelling for help. In his words she was screaming bloody murder... He finally found the woman naked laying on her back fighting kicking biting scratching and screaming at a naked male on top of her obviously having sex with the lady the officer raised his gun and told the man to get the bleep of of her.
    Now even tho he is a leo he is still human and he said the guy jumped up and started toward him in a very fast manner so he said he was al most ready to pull the trigger when he started to hear both the male and female saying you don't understand officer........

Turns out this was a married couple and this was the wife's fantasy of being raped in the woods
    The officer says there I am about ready to kill this man, a innocent man.

Sick fantasy if you ask me.

Now I know having a ccw does not mean I need to defend the world and in no way do I think I am a police officer but I dont think I could turn my back on a lady being assaulted like that but that story sure does make you want to to really think things out real good before you get mixed up in something that may not be as it appears..

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I would have found the officer (or you) "Not Guilty."
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Sponsor
    I thought that must have been a sick sick woman for that to be her fantasy.
    And yes I would have found him not guilty.

Distinguished Member Array ArkhmAsylm's Avatar
    -
    Fantasy is one thing, acting dumb and dumber is...well, dumb.
    "Historical examination of the right to bear arms, from English antecedents to the drafting of the Second Amendment, bears proof that the right to bear arms has consistently been, and should still be, construed as an individual right." -- U.S. District Judge Sam Cummings, Re: U.S. vs Emerson (1999)

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    "Alter Ego" rules (you can act on a third person's supposed imminent danger as if that person is you) in many states' gun laws look great on paper and sound good when you talk about them on forums but, in reality, cases like this, as presented by Old Vet, are the problem, as he points out in the thread. Ya never know what the heck is REALLY going on unless you were there from the getgo and even then you can never be sure. This was a very odd type of case but situations involving crazy play acting, undercover police, the good guy getting an advantage on the bad guy etal can put your actions on the wrong side of a seemingly understandable interaction as a third party CCW person. If you did not have the firearm and the lethality that it presented, your interaction might only be some form of physical confrontation trying to assist someone, but the firearm makes your decision something that you might regret.
    msgt/ret and David Armstrong like this.

ummm....WOW!

they need to put a sign out or something
    Glock2201 and Badey like this.

Sometimes, stupid games will yield deadly results.
    Chaplain Scott and Mr45 like this.

The world is full of very mentally sick people. NOT GUILTY, if the LEO did shoot.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
    USAF RETIRED

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NelsonHolsters View Post
    At one of the tactical class's i attended the instructor a 30 year Leo vet told a story i thought i would share.

He was dispatched to a call where the caller could hear a lady screaming "RAPE" ""Some one please help me " "Help" in a wooded area well when he arrived at the location he heard a scream but wasnt sure if it was a woman or a cat screaming so he went in the direction of the sound, the closer he got he could hear it was a woman and she was screaming rape and yelling for help. In his words she was screaming bloody murder... He finally found the woman naked laying on her back fighting kicking biting scratching and screaming at a naked male on top of her obviously having sex with the lady the officer raised his gun and told the man to get the bleep of of her.
    Now even tho he is a leo he is still human and he said the guy jumped up and started toward him in a very fast manner so he said he was al most ready to pull the trigger when he started to hear both the male and female saying you don't understand officer........

Turns out this was a married couple and this was the wife's fantasy of being raped in the woods
    The officer says there I am about ready to kill this man, a innocent man.

Sick fantasy if you ask me.

Now I know having a ccw does not mean I need to defend the world and in no way do I think I am a police officer but I dont think I could turn my back on a lady being assaulted like that but that story sure does make you want to to really think things out real good before you get mixed up in something that may not be as it appears..
    Not the descriptor I would have chosen. Naive, gullible, stupid, short-sighted and in the end, lucky, perhaps, but not innocent.
    Chaplain Scott likes this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Sponsor
    Lol I agree.

Distinguished Member Array Glock2201's Avatar
    I would say the instructor was not ready to kill an "innocent man". He might not be guilty of any crime but I would not call innocent. This was a sick and stupid thing for these people to do. Pick a new fantasy people. That one almost got someone killed.

Justifiable shoot in my opinion and LEO would more than likely would have been OK unless the wife decided to lie about what really happened.

Ayoob cited a case in a city where a truck driver was making a delivery at about first light. He came upon a woman who was furiously beating off an assault from a guy, and she was screaming "Rape!" and "Help!" The legally armed truck driver jumped out of his truck and started to intervene - don't recall if he drew his weapon - and that's when the male "assailant" identified himself as a vice cop. He was making a prostitution arrest when the hooker went berserk and started fighting him off. A good example of why a damped response is prudent when the potential to use deadly force arises.
    ShooterGranny and Fizban like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    Kinky!

Distinguished Member Array David Armstrong's Avatar
    I had two of the "rape fantasy" calls during my career, as well as one where a good citizen drew down on me as I was attempting to make an arrest while in plainclothes. I'll intervene to the point where I'll yell at someone and such, but I'm not shooting except to save me or mine from ill. Just too many time you don't really know what the situation is and too many times when the situation looks like one thing but is really another.
    Last edited by David Armstrong; June 18th, 2014 at 10:02 AM.
    mr.stuart likes this.

Senior Member Array GentlemanJim's Avatar
    He must have forgotten the gag and blindfold. These things take planning.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links