Interesting to contemplate this one happening somewhere besides...

This is a discussion on Interesting to contemplate this one happening somewhere besides... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ...a courthouse... Georgia courthouse shooter had bombs, assault rifle, sheriff says - CNN.com Say, somewhere with the average police response time of five minutes for ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By USM1976
  • 1 Post By Secret Spuk
  • 3 Post By NONAME762
  • 1 Post By Navydude
  • 1 Post By liquidfx
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: Interesting to contemplate this one happening somewhere besides...

Senior Member Array CR Williams's Avatar

...a courthouse...

Georgia courthouse shooter had bombs, assault rifle, sheriff says - CNN.com

Say, somewhere with the average police response time of five minutes for this attacker to work with.

Great work by the deputy that stalled him.
    "Oh, bother," said Pooh as he rocked another mag into the 556R...

www.inshadowinlight.com

http://inshadowinlight.wordpress.com

Well, from experience of being inside courthouses much of my career, they are probably one of the worst places to attempt something such as this. There are usually many officers inside courthouses...filing charges, testifying, and jails are usually nearby as indicated in this article.

Regardless, as I stated in the article about the shot dead killer in Nevada the other day. I am quite content this person will not be a burden on the tax payer.

If any of you ever visit New York... One of the best show's in town is "NIGHT COURT". 100 centre street, court part AR1, or AR2... You cant go wrong. And it's free.

If you do.. In AR1 look behind the judges bench where it says... "IN GOD WE TRUST". Above the O in GOD there is a bullet hole. This is the result of a shot fired by a pimp at the judge who gave his girls time, instead of releasing them with a fine.

Of course said pimp was set upon by many many members of several different departments. What was left was arrested and never heard from again.

Court security these days is second to none. Metal detectors, armed officers, other methods better not discussed in apublic forum. In my home town court security has been pretty tight as long as I can remember. Criminal court, Sumpeme court, Family court, and civil court officers are all sworn peace officers and carry firerarms. These officers are backed up by the NYPD.
    USM1976 likes this.

Yeah but who backs up the NYPD?
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    Yeah but who backs up the NYPD?
    Uhhh, wellllll, hmmmmm

Was going to say CCW but they are few and far between.
    Chevyguy85 likes this.

with NYPD's reputation....can they really be considered backup?
    Chevyguy85 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by liquidfx View Post
    with NYPD's reputation....can they really be considered backup?
    With their reputation, I'd almost rather be their intended target.
    "The time is now near at hand which must determine whether Americans are to be freemen or slaves."
    ------------------------------------ George Washington 1776
    Gun free zones
    are safe havens-
    FOR CRIMINALS

Quote Originally Posted by USM1976 View Post
    Well, from experience of being inside courthouses much of my career, they are probably one of the worst places to attempt something such as this. There are usually many officers inside courthouses...f
    Now, if only we can get the rest of society to arm-up, such that most venues we all visit are similarly heavily armed. My guess is, the stats would begin to reflect the outcomes we typically see at courthouses and other such well-armed spots. If only.
    Recon1342 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Recon1342's Avatar
    Wow. He violated the three stupids rule in its entirety as one person. Color me impressed...
    What a moron.
    The Opinion of others I very little regard, & have a thorough Contempt for all men, be their Names Characters & Stations what they may, who appear to be the irreclaimable Enemies of Religion & Liberty.
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Now, if only we can get the rest of society to arm-up, such that most venues we all visit are similarly heavily armed. My guess is, the stats would begin to reflect the outcomes we typically see at courthouses and other such well-armed spots. If only.

ccw, in my opinion only (I might be flamed for this), I mentioned in another thread recently where commenters indicated they believe the drop in violent crimes (according to FBI statistics) related to people carrying firearms more. I don't see it, and many of the commenters here will not get involved with anything which does not DIRECTLY present a danger to them or theirs. So, how can any criminal, who is bent on robbing a store, restaurant (we get many of these in the Houston area), or bank really be in fear of the individual CHL carrier. I don't believe the thugs are afraid and could care less about the final outcomes of their actions.

Sponsored Links