What about this...paintball driveby shootings - Page 3

What about this...paintball driveby shootings

This is a discussion on What about this...paintball driveby shootings within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by me My friends and I have gone after each other with airsoft guns for 3 or 4 years now off and on ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What about this...paintball driveby shootings

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    My friends and I have gone after each other with airsoft guns for 3 or 4 years now off and on while we live in college dorms. One of my roommates commented to me if he painted his muzzle black on his P22 replica airsoft gun what would I do. I told him flat out not to do it and that if it was ever pointed at me like that while I had a gun it would be pointed at him. He decided nt to paint the muzzle .
    Oh yeah Ive got friends who run around campus doing the same things. I don't care. I even have one dumb little one that doesn't work. I use it as a teaching tool when I'm showing people whats wrong with their trigger control. I kinda wish I could own 'em (nobody points guns at anyone in my house.. keeps the worry of "is that the real one or not" down to nothing).
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Senior Moderator
    I was at a friend's house and my friend's son is one of the biggest punks I've ever met in my life. The family knows I carry (and they know I carry 24/7) and the son likes to think he's some big hot shot who knows everything about anything.

He's also a moron.

I was doing dishes for them one evening and he came up behind me and told me to draw my gun on him.

I rolled my eyes and kept washing the dishes.

He said, "I have a gun, and if you don't draw on me I'll draw on you."

I didn't even turn around as I said, "Really? Is it yours?"

"Of course it's mine!"

I laughed and said, "You're lying. You aren't even twenty-one yet. You can't own a handgun, I know for a fact your father doesn't own a handgun and all of your little friends are too young. So, unless it's stolen you do not have a gun on you."

He began to taunt me, asking me if I'd like to find out, calling me a chicken, telling me I could never draw as fast as him, and so on.

I wiped my hands on a towel, turned around and said (very calmly, in a conversational tone), "You have told me you are carrying a weapon. You have threatened to point that weapon at me. You have taunted me and generally threatened me with violence. I would be justified in defending myself at this moment. I don't believe you have a weapon because I know you are a lying idiot, but if I didn't know you as well as I do I would be justified in meeting your threat with a threat of my own which just happens to be a real, fully-loaded, .40 caliber handgun. I will never point my weapon at anything I'm not willing to destroy and being an idiot and a lier does not justify shooting you. I don't shoot people for annoying me, just for threatening me and you are getting awfully close to crossing that line. You say one more word and I WILL be calling the police. Do you REALLY want to keep this up?"

He looked at me, looked at my hands, looked at his sister who was just standing there with her eyes popping out of her head, looked back at me and said, "Man, I was just joking. I don't have anything on me. Chill out, okay!"

Other than my husband wanting to beat the crap out of him for threatening his wife, there was no further incident with the kid.

Some kids think they are so tough and cool and they forget that they are not bullet proof and sometimes their jokes can go too far and get themselves in a lot of trouble.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links