What about this...paintball driveby shootings

This is a discussion on What about this...paintball driveby shootings within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sorry if this has already been posted on here. But I have always wanted to know about this scenario. Becuase if I was being assaulted ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What about this...paintball driveby shootings

What about this...paintball driveby shootings

Sorry if this has already been posted on here. But I have always wanted to know about this scenario. Becuase if I was being assaulted with multiple gunshots, felt myself being hit I would definately want to return fire. Or what if you saw these boys stick the gun out the window and were able to react ahead of time? Very scary.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YNDHFJBqxg

2. Remove Ads

Retarded on sooo many levels. Reporting this as "horrifically violent assault" is crap. This also reveals a great deal about minset: if you think you've been shot, DON"T F***ING LIE THERE! Duh! Watch your surroundings, etc., etc..

Of course, it is LA, and they were smart enough not to tag anyone "more agressive" than they were, so unfortunately, this was not really a self-limiting event. Of course, if they hadn't been caught, and if you were inclined to walk frequently at night, a 1/5th of jellied gas with magnesium, through the car window would have made it much less amusing to them.

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    The problem with returning fire is that the second they begin to pull away, they are fleeing and you can't legally fire at them. Though I think if I saw a car slowing down right up to me, I'd go to high Orange... ESPECIALLY at that time of night. Those guns would send me past red when they came up. I would just open fire. Doom on them. It's like those stories about the trash that flash airsoft guns like they are tough.

One member on here reported an event where a carload of kids was messing with him at an interesection and one of the kids stepped out with an airsoft gun pointed at them. The kid was nearly ventilated after some INCREDIBLE restraint by the member.

IMO, when kids start messing with weapons like this - anything that happens is not going to shock me and nor will I feel bad for anything that happens. If that were here in AZ, it would only be a matter of time before they got someone who was packing.

But... like I said... I would be returning fire.
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

It's Just as Six Bravo said "It's just a matter of time until they pick the wrong person. If I had my way they would be teaching gun safty in hi school. I thinkthat if I saw it comming I would have put a couple of rounds in the car.There was a case of some one being killed a while back due to a paint ball hitting him in the neck. There was a case of a 14 year old kid with an airsoft gun being shot by a swat member. The cop shot the kid in the bathroom in my grandson's grade school. the kid painted the orange barrel black and took it to school. I feel sorry for the kid and the swat guy.
    Last edited by Tom G; January 10th, 2007 at 04:15 PM. Reason: to change a sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    There was a case of some one being killed a while back due to a paint ball hitting him in the neck. There was a case of a 14 year old kid with an airsoft gun being shot by a swat member. The cop shot the kid in the bathroom in my grandson's grade school. the kid painted the orange barrel black and took it to school. I feel sorry for the kid and the swat guy.
    Stupid has consequences. Not long ago, stupidity was more commonly fatal. We have come to subsidise, tolerate and even encourage stupidity. This increases the impact of Stupidity on the general society, decreasing available resources, occupying the reasoning citizens with mechanisms of coping and avoidence. I've run DOA fools above and below the age of majority. I have little sympathy for either, but would observe that the younger the terminal event occurs, the less likely the fool is to take multiples with them.

Senior Moderator
    If you are in fear of your life, or serious bodily harm, in Tennessee, the use of deadly force is justified.

What they were doing did have the potential of serious bodily harm, all it would have taken was hitting someone in the eye, and they intentionally, repeatedly aimed for the face.

The complicating issue here is that if you didn't see it coming, you wouldn't have time to react until they were pulling away. As someone pointed out, at that point, they are fleeing and are no longer a threat so you can't shoot.

But, if as the original poster inquired, you saw it coming and had time, IMO, you would be justified in presenting your gun. If they continued the attack, and again this is an opinion, I believe you would be justified in shooting. That's just my opinion, I'm not an attorney.

You hear a pop and feel pain, it would be very easy to assume in the heat of the moment that you have been shot.

A paint-ball is a .68 caliber 1 gram projectile traveling at about 340 FPS, with the color selection available they could use red, now think about it pop, pain, red, it would only be human nature to assume the worst.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Anybody that has been hit at that close of a range will agree with me. They don't feel good... Welts, bruising, you name it.

Random pictures off of the net:

Beretta 92FS

You bet they hurt. These folks got hit at close range, they had a darn good reason to think they were shot by a real gun, because it hurt like .....!! I am glad the punks got 4 years but the sad truth is they will probably not do anywhere near that, and now CA will more than likely want to ban paint ball guns.
    As far as saying, if the car is pulling a way from me, I can't shoot because they are fleeing, I don't think so. If a gun is still being pointed at me the threat still remains, just as real as if they were still in front of me so I would react the same. I grew up outside LA and thank God my kids didn't have to grow up being scared of gangs, drive by shootings etc... These folks were terrorized by these punks and I am glad they were caught.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Lead Moderator
    Actually I could see reacting on training to a threat like that. Hearing pop,pop and feeling hit, one might react before realizing it is just a paintball gun.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

If someone did that to me, I would be sending 9mms back at them.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Shoot At Me...

I shoot back...with 'lead' paint...

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I would have shot them, too. Unfortunately, many parents don't know what their kids are doing, and they don't want to know. They neglect their kids and force CHL holders and LEOs to take care of the problems that their laziness created.

Back in the Peoples Republic of Maryland only option would have been to call 9-1-1. In Texas that ( I believe) would be considered "criminal mischief at night time" under which deadly force is a legal response!

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Back in the Peoples Republic of Maryland only option would have been to call 9-1-1. In Texas that ( I believe) would be considered "criminal mischief at night time" under which deadly force is a legal response!

God I love texas, well not really but good law.

Read an article about a year ago, about how a bunch of kids were out fooling around with their paintball guns while driving on the back roads. Evidently they ran across a bow hunter and proceded to shoot him in the back with their paintballs. Problem was as soon as the hunter was hit he turned and planted a broadhead into one of their throats.

Kid got what he deserved, in my opinion you do not do such things to anybody, least of all one that you know for a fact is armed and most likely skilled in their weapons use.

One less speck of dirt out of the gene pool.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links