Juvenile threatens you??? - Page 2

Juvenile threatens you???

This is a discussion on Juvenile threatens you??? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm afraid a kid (16 or 17) is not a barrier you can hide behind to get you off the hook when you seriously threaten ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Juvenile threatens you???

DC Founder
    I'm afraid a kid (16 or 17) is not a barrier you can hide behind to get you off the hook when you seriously threaten someone with a knife. You will be just as dead by the hands of a 16/17 year old as you would be from a 40 year old. While I expect that I would be in deeper doodoo than if it were a 40 year old I was forced to shoot, I would absolutely be in it.
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Cool Juvenile Violence

WELCOME TO MY WORLD. I teach in an inner city school. I have for eight years. I can't count the incidents of violence including shootings and stabbings and gang rapes that have happened in the two schools I have served in the inner city (both high schools). Numerous assaults on faculty members, too. I have gotten so many threats it's not even funny. Got one just two days ago.

I'm generally able to defuse most situations. Others have been handled by the students on the front line of the football team whom I tutor before and after school. Most of these HUGE dudes have records themselves and are now seeking to better themselves in a positive manner. They won't play with some punk looking to disrupt their chances by damaging a favorite teacher!

There have been a few occasions when I have been forced to use the Aikido I love so much. Mostly on autistic students "acting out" but once in awhile on somebody angry at me for their grade. No administrator has EVER reprimanded me on the handling of any of these situations. I'm lucky that when I got to my current assignment, my ummmmm "reputation" preceeded me from the other school. I actually get along very well with just about everybody: THUGS and Nerds alike.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Administrator

This Puzzles Me

There is a certain small percentage of the younger population that place absolutely no value on human life. They have no regard for anybody.
    They have no idea HOW ANYTHING works ~ only that they turn a faucet handle & water comes out.
    They have no human compassion & no conception of love.
    There is no "fellow man" with them & not even any "Honor Among Thieves."
    They have no idea of what structured society is or how they should attempt to fit into it.
    They are lost in a total fantasy world of "Whatever I Want At Any Cost" & they could just as easily kill or torture a puppy as drink a Mountain Dew.
    I've only ever seen that same cold, blank, face & totally dead eyes on captured adult serial killers.
    We had some "kids" here in Pittsburgh some years ago that broke into the PGH Zoo at night & pulled all the legs off the living flamingos. It was just "fun" ~
    Now these same types of young "lost souls" have switched to violent "Home Invasions" & seem very willing to kill anybody on the other side of the door.
    It's downright sickening.
    And...when we are elderly, handicapped, or senior citizens -- we are all going to have "Easy Prey Targets" stamped on our respective old asses.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I don't care who is presenting an illegal deadly threat....if my life is in danger, I'll involve my CCW if prudent and applicable. And if my beloved Mil or her daughter in imminent danger....Junior there will die twice before he hits the floor.
    http://www.myspace.com/sgeringer
    SIG SP2009<>XD45 4"<>S&W 638-3<>GLOCK20<>Mossberg Mav88

Talking Juvenile Violence

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    It's downright sickening.
    And...when we are elderly, handicapped, or senior citizens -- we are all going to have "Easy Prey Targets" stamped on our respective old asses.
    Ask Jeff Cooper (rapidly nearing entering his ninth decade on the planet) if he agrees with you. COL Cooper is still the pre-eminent authority on the defensive use of the 1911 pistol in hostile encounters. He's called the Father of American Pistolcraft for a reason.

I see this type of vermin all the time. One sits in the front row of my classroom. He only comes to school to score dope and hit on the chicks (except he called them his hoes). In fact, he was bragging to me about his brother currently in jail for armed robbery and home invasion. One of my other kids got this slack jawed wide eyed look on his face and he urgently passes me a note that the punk just threatened me by alluding to the brother. I instantly turned to the punk and told him, he should consider his brother lucky. He asked "WHY?" and I replied that had he tried that stuff on me or any of my friends, he wouldn't be in jail....he'd be in the ground. They've all seen the pics and video of me and my IDPA shooting club in competition. He remembered and got real quiet. In fact, he was quiet the rest of the period.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

We should compare notes Ex Soldier.

I usually am the last person on the regular campus to see these kids before they go off to the alternative programs where they have drill sargeants instead of teachers.

We do what we have to do. It's like the beach left with all the starfish stranded on it when the tide goes out.

You throw one starfish back into the ocean, most people say it doesn't matter because there's thousands more on the beach that won't make it back to the ocean.

Well it matters to that one.

Administrator

ExSoldier762 & Euclidean

I hear ya both.
    I was a summer camp rifle instructor & also taught archery for years. I sure did love those days.
    I think the best thing in the world would be to get some of these younger inner city kids into the country for a few solid months & AWAY from all of their daily garbage and crap.
    They need some serious perspective & a larger view of everything that makes the Earth go round.
    Get them out of those urban rat holes for a while.
    Teach them basic survival skills, canoeing, horseback riding, white water rafting...the whole ball game. That is what they really need.
    The US Government needs to offer good jobs to some of our doggone Ex-soldiers & have them start SAVING some of these kids at a younger age.
    Combination Boot & Summer Camp!
    THAT would be a worthwhile "government program" that I sure would support in a heartbeat! I would jump right in & volunteer.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Membership Revoked Array clubsoda22's Avatar
    Around here, kids will shoot you just as quick as adults.

1952 - 2006
    While I agree with a lot of what Euclidean says when you are on the street the time for talking is over. A lot of these "kids" on the street are like rabid animals. They care very little about their lives and even less for anyone else's. Adult or kid if they are within the 21 foot exclusion zone and I consider them to be a viable threat to me or anyone near me and I have no chance of retreat to save a life, then BANG, one cancelled ticket.
    I spent two years in a little vacation hamlet called Southeast Asia in '69 and '70. The last thing in the world I want to do is pull a trigger on a human being again, however, I carry a CCW to be able to have options when none are left.
    Just brandishing the knife is no reason to shoot in my mind but my hand would definitely be on the butt and ready to draw.
    If he is brandishing and threatening someone I would order him to stop and drop the weapon while getting the person threatened to back away, then if he runs let him go.
    There are so many possible ways something like this could go there is just no way to predict them all.
    This is my ethic on the whole issue:

No man may initiate the use of physical force against others. No man – or group or society or government – has the right to assume the role of a criminal and initiate the use of physical compulsion against any man. Men have the right to use physical force ONLY in retaliation and ONLY against those who initiate its use. The ethical principle involved is simple and clear-cut: it is the difference between murder and self-defense.
    Last edited by acparmed; February 9th, 2005 at 04:59 AM.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

The scholar must learn that thinking is useless if it cannot be put into action, and the soldier needs to learn to think before he acts.
    Lets me off the hook...I'm a jarhead......"Kill 'em all...let Allah sort em out" :1prost:

I suppose, in the end, if it was between me and someone else, I would choose me.

But God help me I would relive that moment for the rest of my life. I don't know what effect it would have on me.

And yes, I wish terribly there was some kind of way to get around all this political crap and teach these kids about gun safety. If there was some way to make it happen, I'd volunteer and get whatever kind of training they deemed neccessary.

Hell I'd even pay for it.

DC Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Euclidean
    But God help me I would relive that moment for the rest of my life. I don't know what effect it would have on me.
    That's because you are a GG that has morals, ethics and a respect for life in general. The BG, however, will probably not lose one night's sleep over killing you. In fact, your death to him would probably be an enhancement to his overall reputation. Don't mourn the BG's of the world, they don't deserve it....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    Don't mourn the BG's of the world, they don't deserve it....
    Truer words were never spoken.
    http://www.myspace.com/sgeringer
    SIG SP2009<>XD45 4"<>S&W 638-3<>GLOCK20<>Mossberg Mav88

1952 - 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bumper
    Don't mourn the BG's of the world, they don't deserve it....
    Amen Brother
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Thanks Bumper I think you made my point with better words. I don't relish taking any life but if it a threat, any threat, and I'm cornered I'm going to fight and worry about my conscience latter. :poke:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links