Juvenile threatens you??? - Page 3

Juvenile threatens you???

This is a discussion on Juvenile threatens you??? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; He said the seventeen year old, later identified as William Casey Lingle, had called him by a profane name. Garcia said he then approached the ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Juvenile threatens you???

VIP Member
    He said the seventeen year old, later identified as William Casey Lingle, had called him by a profane name. Garcia said he then approached the two and advised them that they should 'be careful', which is when Lingle allegedly took a knife from his front pants pocket and threatened him with it.
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

While the kid was a total *****, all he initially did was say a profanity or two. As a CCW permit holder, I am legally obligated to avoid, retreat and de-escalate. Walking up to the person who just cussed at me and telling him to "be careful" is not avoiding, retreating or de-escalating. In fact, it's escalating and threatening. While the punk has ill manners and I'd like to straighten them out, I also know that if he's cocky enough to cuss me out in public, he most likely won't back down after being called out on it.

Ignore him. Push your Wally World cart to a different aisle. Situation avoided. If the punk follows and persists, ignore him. If he gets in my face and obstructs my path, I'll ask him to kindy leave me alone and let me go about my merry way (all the while on alert). His right to curse will end where my nose begins.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

If the juvvy threatens this 60 year old with a knife, he probably better be ready to use it. I will unholster then, . . . there, . . . take off the safety, . . . and begin aligning the sights on my SA .45 loaded with 9 ea, 240 grain FMJ's. Those sights will come together on the second button of his shirt (or thereabouts) and he will have one singular opportunity to put that knife on the floor, . . .

What he does in the interim will determine if he goes home, to the hospital, or to the morgue. I plan on going home.

On the other hand, . . . if I am a bystander, . . . someone else is threatened, . . . unholstering but staying incognito I think would be the appropriate response. When he attacks or seriously threatens the attack, . . . I would move to make my armed presence known to him, . . . and see where the scenario unfolds.

Just the thoughts of an old vet that figures that everyone is responsible for what they do, . . . and he acts accordingly.

May God bless,
    Dwight
    If you can breathe, . . . thank God.
    If you can read, . . . than a teacher.
    If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by F350
    If it were a serious threat, armed with a knife, under 21 feet....just cleaning out the gene pool.
    Late responding on this but I gotta agree with F350. One of our big darn problems is trying to treat "teenagers" as if they were pre-5 yr olds with no real sense of right or wrong. The newspapers (liberals) consistently use the term "teenager" in their headlines when some 17 to 19 yr old commits a crime. They'll refer to that same individual as a "man" if is a victim. Give me a blankety blank break. I don't care if the person is 13 yrs old, if he/she presents a deadly threat to me or my family.....bang, clean the gene pool and then go sue the darn parents for raising an idiot, thank you very much.

When I was teaching I had a 14 year old student (my size too about 6'1" and 250 lbs) slam a vice principal into a concrete wall, stunning him and then knocking me aside to get to a kid who was calling him names. I managed to eventually get him restrained and he was arrested. At that time he was expelled and a few months later made death treats towards me, my family and the school. I took that threat very seriously and had him charged (he sent the threat via e-mail and was tracked down). I then had a restraining order placed on him for my entire family. I had already decided that if he showed up at my house making threats, he would be treated no different than an adult making threats towards my family.
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child might have peace."
    - Thomas Paine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links